Has anyone ever asked you if your designer bag was a fake??

diorling- i find it weird that your sister gets stares or whatever in neimans, because the people there know me well and know my mother even better, and we have never gotten any strange looks. nor have i ever gotten strange looks by people when i carry by more expensive handbags.

I actually had a few people ask me if my Gucci, Dior,Burberry, and Louis Vuitton items were fake. I ofcourse said yes. The reason I said yes is because I'm relatively young and do not desire to get robbed. I prefer for a stranger to think what I have is fake, rather than getting attacked over designer labels.

What counts is that I know for a fact all my items are authentic, and mainly that I buy these items because I like them and do not desire to flaunt them to appeal to others.

no, but i only got one fake purse of Louis Vuitton. I think it's unfaithful to the designers if we buy fakes.

Diorling said:
OMG! That is so sick. My sister gets really dirty looks from people when she carries her bags, it's really crazy how people get over a HANDBAG. At Nieman's the SA's know her by first name and still the WASPie women give her dirty looks. That's a little insane when you resent people for having a bag because they are of a different race, and most people say that racism isn't prevalent.

:blink: People do that? How terrible. Maybe I'm dense, but why?

DP_woman said:
My friend got a spy bag for Christmas, and on New Year's eve, she said a group of women were paying alot of attention to her bag. And she actually heard one of them say aloud that her bag was fake. She felt it was racially motivated, becuase they were all white--and they "just couldnt believe" that she had a real one. But her bag came straight from Neiman Marcus.

In my point of view, I personaly don't think the women whom may have said those coments were based on racial profile. Here is an example; my sister whom owns several high end designer clothing, bags and accessories always gets "dirty looks" and "questionable faces" when she is out, and she is white.

I think comments towards fake designer bags and fake designer labels have no relevance to race. It doesn't matter how old you are, how you look, your racial status, or any other terms. People just generally think most items are fake due to the fact that, in today's global society the conterfiet industry is estimated in the ranks of a billion of dollars. Thus with such saturation of counterfiet items, it causes people to question authenticity. Atleast that's what I think.

yes lots of times to me!! theres this girl at my school who has this very bad :sick: lv monogram recital fake... and she comes up to me everytime i switch diff. bags and says is that a fake chanel? or my little chanel clutch she said o i saw that same bag at payless :angry: :angry: grrrr! then she swings her lv across her shoulder and struts off!!! my bf said if it bothers you that much carry the price tag and receipt with you...

To be honest. At this point, I assume all monogram Vuitton is fake, seriously. I just dont care. Either you're too tasteless to get a clue or your bag is fake...

well my bf has a mongram wallet and belt & a damier belt and wallet...
i think its cute... he wears them with jeans and they look awesome and they dont look tacky at all... personally a lv monogram BAG is out of style well every lv bag is out of style but lv is still a great iconic brand

In my point of view, I personaly don't think the women whom may have said those coments were based on racial profile. Here is an example; my sister whom owns several high end designer clothing, bags and accessories always gets "dirty looks" and "questionable faces" when she is out, and she is white.

I think comments towards fake designer bags and fake designer labels have no relevance to race. It doesn't matter how old you are, how you look, your racial status, or any other terms. People just generally think most items are fake due to the fact that, in today's global society the conterfiet industry is estimated in the ranks of a billion of dollars. Thus with such saturation of counterfiet items, it causes people to question authenticity. Atleast that's what I think.

you're totally right.. but people do guess authenticity by race(mostly asian) because, well im asian(thai), and people think because my country is near the fake bag factory/industry.. people assume i get mine overseas from those industries...i HATE it when people ask its so obnoxious

A woman here at work assumes all my "real" bags are fakes, just because I bought an "inspired" Balenciaga once!

"OMG, Is that REAL?!"

Me clutching tightly onto my Spy..."That depends on if you're thinking of mugging me or not!"

The sales girl at Nine West asked me if the Balenciaga I was carrying "was a bag from Aldo shoes?" Grrrrr.... Needless to say I walked out without buying anything that day.

I have to say in Australia if you are Asian and carrying a designer bag then everyone assumes it is real... probably due to the fact that a lot of Japanese, Taiwanese and people from Hong Kong come to holiday here and well they are generally loaded!!! Sometimes I feel like carrying the receipts with me as well. I have a mixture of Replica and Authentic Designer handbags.

I own 4 authentic Louis Vuitton pieces: Speedy, Alma, Hudson and Porte Tresor Wallet. Have to say though I bought the replica for Denim Speedy and I took it to the store as I know the SA pretty well and we had a pretty good laugh about it as it was so close that she had to consult the product info sheet which is only available in store and we still couldn't tell it was a fake. Needless to say I still prefer to carry an authentic but will not pay over $1800 for a denim bag!!

By the way $1800 is Australian Currency... and yes the denim is correctly distressed around the edges!!! I was amazed!

Diorling said:
To be honest. At this point, I assume all monogram Vuitton is fake, seriously. I just dont care. Either you're too tasteless to get a clue or your bag is fake...

I agree, totally. I am so over LV monogram anything. I do like the luggage though, but I would never carry an LV handbag at this point. I did have a papillon several years ago that was STOLEN :smile:cry:smile:... and back in 2000/2001 hardly anyone carried LV except those that knew designer brands... Oh man, was I gutted over that loss... but, I never repurchased one, and probably never will (luggage yes, monogram handbag, no).

It's kind of sad, because the authentic white multicolore is soooo pretty... the light pinks and yellows and contrasting dark shades... but every time I see the putrid LV fakes and all the knock-off booney & dourke "monogram" and all those other cheesey brands... UGH!!! I could never carry one without feeling completely tacky.

I have a story!!! My husband is sooo mean, but I trained him well. he went out on just this past St Patricks Day with his work friends and got really drunk. He spotted some girl sitting with a really nasty fake LV proudly displayed on top of the table. He said he was so excited to use his "expertise", that he went up to her and told her she had a really bad fake LV. She said "it's not a fake"... and he said "YES IT IS!! Louis vuitton doesn't make bags with lopsided, cut off LV's like yours! it's fake!"... her friend looked amused and said "I thought you said you got this at the LV store in San Francisco?" she then sheepishly admitted that she got it on Ebay.

I told him that was really mean and not to do that again. Personally, I have a mixture of real and replica bags, and he knows it... I thought that was really, really mean. He said he was drunk and being obnoxious anyway and his mouth ran away with him, he was just so amused to be able to spot a fake and be certain of it and he wanted to come bak and tell me about it! LOL! (we play the "is it fake game" at malls and airports all the time, lol... which is mostly how he got his "education").

No one has ever asked if my bags are fake, in fact... people even stare at my replicas in awe, and gush about them to me :blink:

I've never had another reaction. But either way it makes me uncomfotable because I don't like to discuss money and status. I think it's tasteless and showy. I just wear things I really, really love.... whether it cost $5, $500 or $5000.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Lyn2005 said:
"OMG, Is that REAL?!"

Me clutching tightly onto my Spy..."That depends on if you're thinking of mugging me or not!"

:D I think this is a great response to the question!

aspen said:
Actually Sams (a warehouse store similar to Costco) carries Prada and Fendi. Not the latest styles but they are sold there.

I've seen Coach and Prada -- not sure about Fendi -- at Berkeley & Jensen (BJ's Warehouse). They are small items, usually pochettes and wallets.

I've never had anyone ask if my authentic bags were fake but I've noticed alot of glances, as they compare theirs with mine (and v.v.) LOL it's all very cute.

I've also had people come up to me thinking my fakes were real, admiring the bag in a nice way. It seems funny to me they don't realize it but maybe its because they do not know that particular designer name, or I must have some really good fakes! :wink:

I notice I focus more over a person's signature style, how they present themselves, how they carry their bags, it's all a lifestyle attitude. Some women can carry off anything with panache!

Last edited by a moderator:
EskimoGirl said:
^^^

i'm confused. did that happen to you?

Yeah... but it was a scuffy looking woman who asked me that on the street... guess i'm overprotective of my spy

Zvezdana, that is funny that the girl lied to her friend haha. Atleast if you are going to carry a fake admit to it. Anyways I've never been the one to say anything to someone carrying a fake because I don't think it's nice to point it out so bluntly. Well anyways about a month or so ago I went to get my hair cut at Holt Renfew on Bloor & Bay which is like Toronto's Sakks. Anyways I was using my Gucci Pouch and this girl passed by me and she was wearing the same pouch. (Hers was fake) As she passed by me she was like " argh I can't believe he has the same pouch as me!". I wouldn't normaly say anything but it just pissed me off someone with a fake designer pouch giving me attitude. So I stopped and I was like "No you see here is the difference, where you piad what $25.00 for that fake pouch I paid $650.00. Atleast if you are going to carry a fake don't pretend it is real." She got all embarassed and walked away so quickly. How rude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->