Charlie Paille
Nova Malanova
Qi Wen
Jess Gold
Jenna Earle
Sissi Hou
Antonina Petkovic
Latonya Challenger

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

Meet The Model: Chaun Loose @ Next

Chaun is a musician, model and the person Darren Ankenman recently shot for Oyster's 'Glendale' editorial. We love her. You will too.

Jerico Mandybur: Where are you from and where are you currently living?
Chaun Loose: I grew up in San Diego, California. In a small little beach town called Solana Beach. I currently live in Glendale, the same neighbourhood as where these pictures were taken.

Who are five women that inspire you?
Wow, that's a hard one. There are a lot of women who have inspired me and still do. My inspiration is always changing, but right now in life these are my five. Firstly, Sue Tissue. The keyboardist and vocalist of Suburban Lawns, a really sweet post punk band from the early 80s. Her vocal style is amazing.

Secondly, Ally Levine. A bad *** chick from San Diego who can shred on the guitar and sing like a beast. Her band BEEKEEPER is my favorite trash metal band. She also has an amazing style. I'm lucky to call her my best friend. Thirdly, my friend Luc. An amazing film director and musician. Some days he's a girl, some days she's a boy. She loves to mix it up and prove gender roles wrong. Not wanting to identify with anything boy, nor girl. He throws off a lot of the narrow minded. It's amazing how he always reminds me and everyone to do whatever you want. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Of course, my mother. She managed to raise four kids with no help while suffering from Bipolar and married to my father (with severe Aspergers Syndrome.) Then she was a single working mother. How she managed that while always putting us first is amazing to me.

Lastly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Even though she's a fictional character in an amazing 90s TV show, she is a great role model. Saving the world while dealing with high school bullies and the forces of evil. The empowering martial arts she uses in her fights is inspiring me to start doing it myself. She can take anything thrown her way because she's a strong woman who is able to accept help from her friends and even a few vampires.

What's the best piece of advice you ever received?
I know this sounds super cliche, but I live by it — always be yourself no matter what people think about you. There are enough sheep in the world, you don't need to be one too.

What song do you really wish you'd written and why?
This is a difficult question for me. There are so many albums that are linked to my soul so I will share those.
'The Aftermath and Human = Garbage' by Dystopia
'Patent Pending' by Heavens
'Seventeen Seconds' by The Cure
'Spiritual Healing' by Death
'Summer Overture' by Mozart

What's your earliest childhood memory?
My earliest childhood memory is when I was two. My favourite movie growing up was The Lion King, I watched it everyday. The part where Simba runs to face his life calling after being visited by Mufasa's ghost. I would run around the house at the same time as Simba.

Can you tell us all about your band?
My Band, Gel Capsule, isn't really my band. My boyfriend, Benjamin Allen is the brains behind it. He wrote everything, I just play the keytar and sing. I'm currently working on things to contribute.

What rules would you install if you were Supreme Leader of Earth for one day?
No rules!

A good joke you've heard recently?
The murder of Kelly Thomas is going unpunished. That's a bloody Joke!!!

What's the best YouTube video you've ever seen? Link please!
The Beating of Rodney King, 1992. Classic Los Angeles police brutality on tape, and of course, a reminder of the riots that followed. LAPD - still serving 'justice' to this day!

Can you send us a selfie?

Photos: Darren Ankenman

oystermag

Last edited by a moderator:
"Wild, Young, Free" for Elle UK March 2015 (Part 1 of 2)

Photographer: Kai Z Feng
Fashion: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Romina Manenti at See Management
Make-up: Naoko Scintu at Saint Luke Artists
Manicure: Carla Kay at Cloutier Remix
Props: David Ross
Producer: Barbie Duarte at 3 Star Productions

Models: Lucky Blue + Chaun Loose + Darby Stephens

Source: imcmagazine.com

"Wild, Young, Free" for Elle UK March 2015 (Part 2 of 2)

Photographer: Kai Z Feng
Fashion: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Romina Manenti at See Management
Make-up: Naoko Scintu at Saint Luke Artists
Manicure: Carla Kay at Cloutier Remix
Props: David Ross
Producer: Barbie Duarte at 3 Star Productions

Models: Lucky Blue + Chaun Loose + Darby Stephens

Source: imcmagazine.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads