Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2004.05 Paris

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jul 13 2004, 11:08 PM
they look like they weren't having fun... too bad, I would have enjoyed everry second of it....those corsets :heart:

hahahah....ditto...!! :innocent:

I don't think the actual weight of the dresses were the problem. I think it may have been the shoes combined with the way in which the dresses were made that was the real problem. The shoes were outrageously high and some of the dresses were tight around the leg area (like Karolina's), on top of that some of the dresses were very wide. Imagine walking in 7 inch heels, in a dress that's tight around your legs but has a base that spans the entire catwalk.
As for Karolina's fall, there was probably one man holding her by the hands, two men lifting up the dress and another from behind propping her up.

the models definitely looked like they were suffering in the backstage video :shock: :cry:
but it's kinda funny to see how they were helped wearing the dresses :P

I watched the backstage vid..and actually, the models were all smiles..
are there more videos ? In the one I watched, they looked like they were having a mighty good time. :blink:

Originally posted by prixi@Jul 14 2004, 02:00 AM
I watched the backstage vid..and actually, the models were all smiles..
are there more videos ? In the one I watched, they looked like they were having a mighty good time. :blink:
[snapback]311443[/snapback]​
I was thinking the same thing. Even Alek was all smiles and apparently she experienced the worst drama of them all.

no need for several topics on Dior HC,
'i just merged

regarding Alek -and other models- smiling.. what do you expect, they are professionals and they're getting payed for the job.. right?? :rolleyes:

For the amount of money that Galliano pays to those models, I would also be actin' like if I was on some kind of X or something :lol:

Yes they all look pretty happy in the backstage video....I've only discovered one unhappy moment in the video and that is when they are lacing up Ai Tominaga...she looks not so happy :innocent:
And I forgot where I read it, but apparantley there was one dress in the show that weight 45 somewhat kilos.....I guess it's the wedding dress or Yasmin's big thing :P

I bet it was the wedding dress. That looked very very heavy. I actually really really did not like that dress. But the rest was awesome!
I wonder how much they got paid for this! I wonder if those shoes come with a disclaimer :lol: :smile:

I don't think the models have any reason to look unhappy even if the clothes made them uncomfortable. It's very unprofessional. It's their job to make the collection look attractive on people and they are paid to walk in difficult clothes and crazy heels. Models have to make a designer's creations come alive. Afterall, they have gone through training to walk with some highly unwearable creations. Maybe in order for a model to be truly skilled, she has to pass Galliano's couture test! Humm...great material for Tyra and the team at ANTM :lol:

Originally posted by Foxie-Pooh@Jul 16 2004, 05:08 PM
I don't think the models have any reason to look unhappy even if the clothes made them uncomfortable. It's very unprofessional. It's their job to make the collection look attractive on people and they are paid to walk in difficult clothes and crazy heels. Models have to make a designer's creations come alive. Afterall, they have gone through training to walk with some highly unwearable creations. Maybe in order for a model to be truly skilled, she has to pass Galliano's couture test! Humm...great material for Tyra and the team at ANTM :lol:
[snapback]311901[/snapback]​

That'd be interesting for sure ! :lol:

That would better to look at then Jay Alexander with his big ankles in those small heels :P

:wacko: I just read through 22 pages of this crap!

I said this when the Egyptian show debuted in January and I'll say it again: collections like these only serve to take away from couture's relevance in the 21st century. Why does couture exist? Just so a couple of outlandish queens can exercise their egos to the nth degree? Where is the beauty and the lightness? These clothes are so heavy and overbearing, not to mention downright ugly at times. No offense to nuiko, but the shoes are just gross.

So many of us are victims of Galliano hype. I think people should take an objective step back with this show and take it for what it really is.

I agree with softgrey and the whole Barbie syndrome. No one wants to look like this. It's a far-flung, ridiculous fantasy foisted upon women. It's a little more than sickening.

That, coupled with the endless Westwood rip off make this, for me, undoubtedly the worst couture collection Galliano has ever done.

And I'll say this again....where is the Galliano hype? There is no! There are more people here who hate this collection so there definetly is no positive Galliano hype and why can't it be accepted by the people who obbey people to take an objective look at it and find out that it's ugly, that there really are people who like to look at stuff like this, who think it is absolutely gorgeous and also have another opinion then you. And perhaps you should admit that also Galliano is taken part in keeping couture alive....he has given it a succesful twist and profits keep rising and rising...so he's not killing it at all....

Believe me, there is plenty of Galliano hype in the world of fashion publishing. Dior is among the biggest advertisers out there so there is no magazine that is willing to turn their backs on him. I've spoken with many people (editors, stylists, photographers) about Dior's F/W RTW show and practically everyone is screaming "bravo!" Fashion people are so diluted and delusional when it comes to Galliano. It's rather sickening.

That is true, but that's just for the people who want to make lots of money out of it. And almost everybody will agree that the f/w collection for Dior was plain ugly, the runway show that is....and we also all know that that is not going to end up in the shops, aside from the bags and some jewelry...and they were ok if not, pretty nice....and I assume that you were referring to people on this board in your first reply and as far as I know, most af them are not wanting to make any money out of it and just look at it on the net.....they have every right to like it and there is now Galliano hype that changes their opinions. And I speak for myself when I say that 6 months ago I had never heard of the words haute couture, RTW or Galliano or Vuitton or whatever...I wasn't into fashion and only saw what was in the shops....but then as I accidently found a pic of the Dior f/w haute couture collection 2003, I was immediatly blown away and I had found my new hobby and my absolute favourite designer...so I loved everything I saw from that collection and exploring other collections he made I became even more in love with his work and there was no 'Galliano hype' that helped creating my opinion....

Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 17 2004, 10:13 AM
That is true, but that's just for the people who want to make lots of money out of it. And almost everybody will agree that the f/w collection for Dior was plain ugly, the runway show that is....and we also all know that that is not going to end up in the shops, aside from the bags and some jewelry...and they were ok if not, pretty nice....and I assume that you were referring to people on this board in your first reply and as far as I know, most af them are not wanting to make any money out of it and just look at it on the net.....they have every right to like it and there is now Galliano hype that changes their opinions. And I speak for myself when I say that 6 months ago I had never heard of the words haute couture, RTW or Galliano or Vuitton or whatever...I wasn't into fashion and only saw what was in the shops....but then as I accidently found a pic of the Dior f/w haute couture collection 2003, I was immediatly blown away and I had found my new hobby and my absolute favourite designer...so I loved everything I saw from that collection and exploring other collections he made I became even more in love with his work and there was no 'Galliano hype' that helped creating my opinion....
[snapback]312351[/snapback]​

Totally agree! :flower: :heart:

Where is the beauty and the lightness? These clothes are so heavy and overbearing, not to mention downright ugly at times.
I really agree with this, the clothes are beautiful but just too much.
No one wants to look like this. It's a far-flung, ridiculous fantasy foisted upon women. It's a little more than sickening.
This is my reaction too. The collection is in no way relevant to today's women.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jul 17 2004, 03:33 PM
:wacko: I just read through 22 pages of this crap!

I said this when the Egyptian show debuted in January and I'll say it again: collections like these only serve to take away from couture's relevance in the 21st century. Why does couture exist? Just so a couple of outlandish queens can exercise their egos to the nth degree? Where is the beauty and the lightness? These clothes are so heavy and overbearing, not to mention downright ugly at times. No offense to nuiko, but the shoes are just gross.

So many of us are victims of Galliano hype. I think people should take an objective step back with this show and take it for what it really is.

I agree with softgrey and the whole Barbie syndrome. No one wants to look like this. It's a far-flung, ridiculous fantasy foisted upon women. It's a little more than sickening.

That, coupled with the endless Westwood rip off make this, for me, undoubtedly the worst couture collection Galliano has ever done.
[snapback]312322[/snapback]​

:clap: :flower:

YEAH CHICKONSPEED!

The HQ pics do the dresses quality a lot more justice... but I still think this collection is absolutely horrid :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->