Christy Turlington

Hahahaha. I remembered Christy. I used to be obsessed with her Architectural perfection.

Her and Linda are the rave back then!

Pics from UK Vogue:

cturlington_launchB.jpg
cturlingtonBaby04wennB.jpg

cturling_yogalabel04rexB.jpg
cturlingtonEburns_MXB.jpg

cturlington02_sdB.jpg
cturlingEburnsWed03bigB.jpg

cturlingtonYSL03B.jpg
cturlington_hmB.jpg

christy_mar94_b.jpg

She's so fantastic, I think I like looking at her almost as much as Kate.

Hello magazine profile:

christyprofb.jpg

The third member of the modelling world's power trinity alongside Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista – remember Linda saying they didn't get out of bed for less than $10,000? – Christy Turlington is truly beautiful, and not just on the outside.
The half-American, half-Salvadorian New York University graduate, is also a charity and health spokesperson. Said to be worth $23 million, she also runs two successful businesses.

Born on January 2, 1969, in California, to a Pan Am pilot and a Salvadorian flight attendant, Christy grew up in San Francisco and Miami. She was spotted by a model scout when she was 14, and just two years later was signed by the Ford agency. By 1985 she was doing editorial work for Vogue magazine – it didn't net her megabucks, but she was getting noticed by all the right people.

Christy fast became a catwalk staple, most notably setting the runway on fire each season at Versace, dressed in barely-there clothes. She was reportedly paid $25,000 by the designer to model only for him in Milan. "I'm really very conservative," she said, "and I feel silly going out on the runway, pretending I have attitude."

At 20, she signed an exclusive three-year deal with Calvin Klein that reportedly set a world record in modelling, bringing her a seven-figure income for three months' work a year. The draconian terms of the contract forbade her to leave New York without prior warning, however, or be photographed by anyone other than Bruce Weber in any other designers' clothes, and she cancelled it when she realised she missed the fun side of modelling – the photo-shoots, the catwalk shows, and her friends Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell.

She still commands huge fees for cosmetic advertising campaigns such as Maybelline and Calvin Klein - she was the face of the designer's fragrance Eternity. Tiring of the fashion world, she announced she was going to semi-retire in order to go to university and study philosophy, literature and art history in New York, graduating in 1999.

Christy's father died of lung cancer in 1997 and the on-off model swung into action, calling the American Cancer Society and offering her services. In 2000, while undergoing a lung scan for US TV, she was horrified to discover she had contracted smoking-related, early stage emphysema, an incurable condition. Fortunately it is not expected to develop into a more serious problem.

The aqua-eyed beauty is a believer in Eastern philosophy, and reportedly married her first husband, screenwriter and actor Roger Wilson in a Buddhist ceremony. She has launched her own Ayurvedic skincare range called Sundari, and a line of yoga wear called Nuala.

Her marriage to Wilson didn't last, and she went on to date Christian Slater and former Julia Roberts flame Jason Patric.

In the summer of 2000, she met Saving Private Ryan actor Ed Burns at a party in The Hamptons and, after a whirlwind five-month romance, the two announced their engagement. But the model's fantasy wedding in Italy never took place. Just months after buying a home in New York, Christy and Ed split in March, 2002 with friends explaining the star pair "weren't each other's perfect life partners".

In a surprise twist, seventh months later the supermodel and the director gave the relationship another chance. And in a true Hollywood happy ending, Christy and Ed tied the knot in June 2003, with rock star pal Bono walking the beautiful bride down the aisle. Their happiness was added to in October of that year when their first child, a daughter, was born.

Oh have you heard? Christy is preggers with her 2nd child :smile: ! I heard it's a boy. But you know how that is when the time actually comes. lol .

Turlie Is Just Divine. She Is One Of My Top 3 Favorite Models(the Other Two Of Course Her Group Memebers Of The Trinity-naomi & Linda). Here Is One Of My Favorite Photos Of Her, It Just Leaves Me Speechless. Photo Credit:arthur Elgort.

Attachments

• CHRIS 87 ELGORT.jpg
    CHRIS 87 ELGORT.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 44
From when she was on the cover of time for an article about yoga:

http://djuna.nkino.com/christy/01a.html

Attachments

• 01-04-01.jpg
    01-04-01.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 01-04-02.jpg
    01-04-02.jpg