Coach Names Stuart Vevers Creative Director

VogueDisciple93

Reaction score
Coach Inc. has found its new executive creative director.

Stuart Vevers, former creative director of Loewe, will join the New York-based handbag and accessories brand, and he will report directly to Coach president and chief commercial officer Victor Luis.

Luis will assume the role of chief executive officer in January when Lew Frankfort retires from the top job. Frankfort will remain Coach’s executive chairman. Vevers’ start date is yet to be determined, according to a Coach spokesman.

The news comes just two months after Reed Krakoff, Coach’s current president and executive creative director, told WWD that he would resign from the company to work exclusively on his namesake label. Krakoff’s contract with Coach will expire next June.

“The appointment of Stuart Vevers marks an important milestone in our brand transformation, currently underway,” said Frankfort. “We are extremely pleased that he will be leading our strong creative team already in place, bringing his unique aesthetic and personal style to Coach. His depth and breadth of experience will be an invaluable asset to the business in general — and the design team in particular - as we continue to evolve the brand.”

Vevers, who will be responsible for leading all creative aspects of Coach, including women’s and men’s design, brand imagery and store environments, will bring his luxury market experience to the brand. Prior to his five-year stint at Loewe, Vevers served as creative director of Mulberry from 2005 to 2008. Vever’s early stomping grounds included Calvin Klein, Bottega Veneta, Givenchy and Luis Vuitton. In 2006, the designer won the British Council’s Accessory Designer of the Year award.

"Stuart is recognized as one of the world’s leading accessories designers. His passion, leadership skills, and broad luxury brand experience, focused on leathergoods, uniquely qualify him to lead the next chapter of Coach,” Coach’s Luis said. “I am confident that his creative expertise — grounded in accessories — will enable him to draw upon Coach’s rich history to create innovative product and brand imagery, elevating the customer experience and creating a fuller expression of the brand.”

“Coach is an exceptional brand and company that I’ve long admired for its rich heritage,” Vevers added. “I am excited to drive Coach’s next stage of transformation.”

wwd.com

This is GREAT news for them. Stuart really revitalized Mulberry and his designs for the house were top notch. His work at Loewe was exceptional as well. Coach has never really been able to shed some of the negative side of its image (you know what I mean...) and I wonder if what he'll bring to the table will help to refine their image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->