Comfortable, Cute, Reasonably-priced Flats:

As You Like It

Proponent of Plaid
Reaction score
I'm looking for some girly shoes. I realized the other day that my docs and my boots look really crap with a few of my dresses. I can't do high-heels, so that leaves me with the flats option.

I want to know if anyone here has much of an opinion about flats from Rocket Dog, Chinese Laundry, ect. I have also kind of thought about Dr. Marten's mary-jane styles or something similar. I am looking for a pair that are simple, but not too plain, rounded in the toe, and, for preference either run wide or come in a wide width. It is nearly impossible for me to get a shoe that is too wide. I have wide feet to start with, and a bunion on my right foot *grumble*

Long wearability and a pricetag under $100 are also big considerations.

Any suggestions?

Do ya have a DSW near you? I bought a pair of cute nine west and esprit shoes there... love them... :heart:

I found some fun silver flats on the Macy's sale rack for 15 dollars. So that's a place that's worth a look.

I also have the Rocket Dog string (bungee) ballet flats. They're comfy except the bungees leave marks in my skin.

I got some cute black ballet flats with a white trim and a little flower on them on sale at a Canadian department store. I've seen a lot of similar styles around that weren't expensive, so check your local mall for some.

I'm sorry, but I could not help but mention that Urban Outfitters is selling JELLIES!!!

p77405b.jpg

Although I suppose I am aging myself a bit with that one. :P

i am positive you'd love camper...but it's a little higher than $100...still worth a look

if comfort is really a priority...check aerosoles...they've been going through an overhaul and some of their stuff is very cute now...definitely affordable...

what about clarks-most people swear they are sooo comfortable-(clarks.com)

also-hush puppies...less stylish, but will last a long time...

i like rocket dog ...you should also check out report(reportshoe.com) and noname and seychelles(seychellesfootwear.com) and franco sarto(bennetshoes.com)...you also might like m.o.d. (musefootwear.com..?) and faryl robin (farylrobyn.com)

all affordable and can usually be found in the junior shoe dept

i think chinese laundry shoes look cute but hurt like hell...

zara is still my personal fave for inexpensive footwear...may not be your style though :flower:

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. I am going to do a little online browsing and maybe go to the shops soonish and get a new pair of shoes.

sounds like buying A pair of new shoes is a big deal for you. Don't waste the experience by limiting yourself to a price below $100. Get a good pair that is worth whatever you do pay for it.

Doc Martens are fine if you are a guy in high school or college. Rocket dog and chinese laundry are cheap looking. These are my opinions. flats are cute. get some good feminine flats. There are many priced below $100. Whatever you do...don't go for clunk! Doc. mary janes.....no.

When you meet with clients for your clothing business you are selling an image. I have to say I'd be reluctant to buy a dress made by a grown woman wearing doc martens or anything clunky with a dress (or pants, for that matter). And I'm not all that high-end myself. but you gotta keep it as classy and polished as possible......or bratty b*tches like me will never be interested. :wink:

nornor

Buying a new pair of shoes is a huge pain in the *** for me.

I have awful feet, bizarre tastes, and a tight budget. I bet I will have to try on 30 pair of shoes before I can find one pair I can live with. It was hell on wheels to try to buy a pair of shoes to wear to a friend's wedding a couple of summers ago.

I ended up with a pair of unwearable Esprit mary janes. I could never break them in, they were too stiff to walk gracefully in, and they did have an ungainly, clunky sole. I still have them, but since I can't really wear them, I don't count them as a part of my wardrobe. Pissed me off to no end to be out $35 and still not really have a pair of shoes. I ended up unscrewing the taps off the toes and heels of my character shoes (tap shoes) and wearing them to the wedding. :rofl: Unfortunately, anyone with a dance background would recognise my character shoes, and they are not the most durable things on the planet.

Umm... I don't see a problem with wearing doc martens. I have a pair of doc marten boots that I wear with jeans. They are well made shoes and are good for keeping your feet dry in the winter.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Mar 24th, 2004 - 6:47 pm
I ended up unscrewing the taps off the toes and heels of my character shoes (tap shoes) and wearing them to the wedding. :rofl: Unfortunately, anyone with a dance background would recognise my character shoes, and they are not the most durable things on the planet.
as you like it...about your character shoes...actually dance shoe and dance inspired shoes are all over the place these days...capezio has actually started making some lovely tango and other dance shoes which are very wearable on the street...i've used them for clients and have a pr myself...the sole is suede, so you have to have the shoemaker put a rubber sole on them (about $20)...but then you're good to go...check out capezio.com

ps-they are also lightly padded inside so they give amazing support and are super comfortable... :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->