Corsets

some corsets i like:flower:

corsets15uq2.jpg

fairygothmother.com

I just think this is something that will never look classy, and for sure something straight men love.

why_fashion said:
I just think this is something that will never look classy, and for sure something straight men love.

I agree.

I'm sure this will recieve counter arguments in terms of the history of the corset and the arrival of burlesque, etc, but... :innocent:

...in my honest opinion, I think that no matter how much one spends on a corset, she will always look cheap, as such are the connotions that come with wearing what is essentially fetish wear.

I'm speaking as a girl who wore a corset on halloween night. Perfect for dressing up, but theres no way I could spend a night being stared at (by both men and women - but for very different reasons!) without a decent excuse!

actually i have seen the corset done extremely well- saw a black and white pic of Audrey Hepburn in a corset. :P ... but i admit, i think it had more to do with her face. :smile:

why_fashion said:

I disagree- I think as part of an evening gown it can look elegant.

^ I agree.

Sure, there are some trashy corsets... but I also believe that they can be classy and elegant... if worn correctly.

Erin said:
^ I agree.

Sure, there are some trashy corsets... but I also believe that they can be classy and elegant... if worn correctly.

True, but this is one of the most difficult things to pull off. It has to be part of the outfit, not just worn with jeans. The old school fetish look à la Betty Grable and Dita Von Teese is good too, but as long as it stays on the stage or bedroom.

I have to say, most of the people who wear this look day-to-day just look like teenage goths.

I'd like to post this bustier by La Perla. It's called the Frida Kahlo bustier, after the Mexican artist. Ok, a bustier isn't exactly the same as a corset, but they are similar and not only worn as underwear.

[fashionblog.it]

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I actually find that beautiful. :haert: Thanks for posting, WhiteLinen.

I love corsets, very sexy and sweet...but I wore one once and it almost KILLED me :rofl:

Erin said:
^ I actually find that beautiful. :haert: Thanks for posting, WhiteLinen.

My pleasure :flower:

I first saw it in an editorial in French Vogue, where it was worn very beautifully. If I could only remember which issue it was...

I'm afraid this reply will reveal too much of my... weirdness... BUT...

justlooking said:
has anyone tight-laced / is tight-lacing?
I'm thinking of getting something like this:

ubustaltfront2bj3.jpg

lovesickcorrectiveapparel.com

A functional underbust corset, with a waist measurement smaller than natural for that purpose :ninja:
I :heart: corsets, needless to say; this site is a good reference for anyone like-minded...

I bought a corset/bustier thing from express. It's not "real", yes I know that. But I like the look to a degree (although I would NEVER mess with my internal organs just for beauty...ick). I'll probably wear it over a woven button down with slacks or something.

Thought I would join in by posting pics of the corset I made:
Back
View attachment corset 1.bmp
Front
View attachment corset 2.bmp
inside
View attachment corset 3.bmp

I made the corset out of Black silk shantung. I added some embroidery down the front. The front is closed with hook and and eye. The back is laced. The lining is quilted in quarter inch squares. I did it all by machine. It took a lot of time, but turned out beautiful.

attachment.php

attachment.php

here is a corset I made years ago, the pics are old too

I have never really worn it. I thought I'd wear it with a t-shirt, or samething else casual.

Here is a corset I made for a historical costume (elizabethan period)

(ignore the lacing, it was only temporary)

It's fascinating how we think of corsets as enhancing the bust but during elizabethan times they were used to flatten the bust along with the waist to create a smooth flat surface.

Attachments

• Corset.jpg
    Corset.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ptfl68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"