Costume Institute Gala 2007

simple_elegance

Reaction score
it's tomorrow people! here's a snippet from www.fashionweekdaily.com:

(NEW YORK) Monday night’s Costume Institute gala celebrating Poiret promises not to disappoint when it comes to its bold-faced attendees. Jennifer Hudson, who is wearing a custom Michael Kors gown, will play double duty as the evening’s entertainment; she will be introduced by Cate Blanchett and Nicolas Ghesquière, two of the party’s co-chairs.
Among the other expected guests are Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, who are attending as guests of Bruno Frisoni at the Roger Vivier table—a fitting match given Frisoni’s Rosine clutch, named after Poiret’s fragrance, is just one example of the designer’s influence in the Vivier line. Meanwhile, Hilary Swank is expected with Donatella Versace; Julianne Moore and Gisele Bundchen with Stefano Pilati; Lucy Liu with Zac Posen; Giorgio Armani's niece, Roberta Armani, will arrive with Alicia Keys, John Legend, and Molly Sims; Helena Christensen, Liv Tyler, and Kate Hudson are slated to sit at Calvin Klein’s table; Scarlett Johansson at Louis Vuitton's; Julia Restoin Roitfeld is going with Phi; and Sophie Dahl will be Roberto Cavalli’s arm candy that night. Other expected celebrities include Naomi Watts, Rosario Dawson, Marley Shelton, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Garner, Kirsten Dunst, and Kate Bosworth.
As for the fashion, a sprinkling have revealed their selections for the night. Plum Sykes has chosen Givenchy couture; Linda Fargo will pair her 6267 top with a vintage feather skirt; and Alexis Bryan will wear Poiret, natch.

does anyone know who else will be attending? or what the theme is this year?

This is actually the only gala I look forward to and check out. Last year my favourite was Amber Valletta's dress.

The theme is Paul Poiret, which I think is going to be far more interesting than last year's Anglomania for example.

I always like looking at the dresses but I've never really understood exactly what this event is for?
Nicholas and Cate - wohoo.

Hope the twins are going to be there 8]
Last year..
after03.jpg

credit ; olsenfan

I'm excited! I really hope MK sorts her hair out for it.

I really hope Mary-Kate and Ashley are there too, but I feel like they're still in LA.

romantics said:
I really hope Mary-Kate and Ashley are there too, but I feel like they're still in LA.

I found this on vogue.co.uk

HAVE WE MET?
spacer.gif
BANK Holiday Monday is a big day for fashion, as Manhattan's Metropolitan Opera House plays host to its annual Costume Institute Gala. With a couture theme celebrating Paul Poiret's current exhibition and stakes to win best-dressed higher than those at the Oscars, every celebrity, designer and supermodel worth their Christian Louboutins will be in attendance looking picture-perfect. So who can we expect to see pouting for the cameras on the building's ornate steps this year? Julianne Moore, who will be taking her "date" Stefano Pilati; Jennifer Lopez and husband Marc Anthony, who, according to WWD, will be joining Bruno Frisoni at Roger Vivier's table; Cate Blanchett, who will arrive with her co-chair for the event, Nicolas Ghesquière; Cat Deeley, who will be Christopher Bailey's date and wearing Burberry, of course; the perenially-stylish Olsen twins, who are rumoured to be Giambatista Valli's guests this year. Other beauties jetting in from Hollywood include Jennifer Garner, Mischa Barton, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Bosworth, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Hudson, Liv Tyler, Emily Blunt and Jennifer Hudson, who will be singing on stage wearing a Michael Kors gown. (May 4 2007, AM)

Louise Roe

justlooking said:
I always like looking at the dresses but I've never really understood exactly what this event is for?
Nicholas and Cate - wohoo.

I guess it is for the opening of the exhibition.

'Cat Deeley, who will be Christopher Bailey's date and wearing Burberry' :o :yuk:

Oh my god, I am so excited, especially now that there's news the Twins will be there! I can't wait to see all the fashion!!

Wow! I can't wait to see it! I wasn't a fan of the Olsen Twins' outfits last year, truth be told. :innocent:

Can't wait either :D I'm looking forward to see many wonderful dresses :smile:

cant wait! Hana and Irina L will be there,too!

Agyness Dean and Henry Holland are going as guests of teen vogue.
it says in her interview with telegraph magazine

Can't wait to see photos of this event!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemercedes
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->