CR Fashion Book #5 : Beyoncé by Pierre Debusschere

Let's not forget North West's modeling debut, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld :rolleyes: :
MZllmMV.jpg

marieclaire.co.uk

i do love the cover though. i'm also happy that yohji got at least one cover.

Previews:

"The Perks of Being Gigi Hadid"
Model: Gigi Hadid
Photographer: Sebastian Faena

"The New Normal"
Celebrity & Model: Conchita Wurst & Ashleigh Good
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld

"Bae Watch"
Celebrity: Pamela Anderson
Photographer: Johnny Dufort

crfashionbook.com

*sigh* I was hoping for better contents... so far the previews look so bad imo :(

You and me, both. It's a lonely place to be in this Beyonce crazed world.

Do you mind if I come join you? Those pictures of Gigi Hadid are doing more for me than Beyonce's cover.

The cover is Flawless and editorial is Flawless. Yes Beyoncé yes!

Make it three, I don't like her at all.

Make it four.:lol:

I cannot stand her or any she represents, so i simply cannot be objective about this. I probably would like it if it was not her.

The idea behind photographing that baby is frankly repulsive. I'm a Carine fan, but this is the pits.

The cover image is super cheap. The lighting is just wrong. It looks amateur.

I like Debusschere's work and I think Beyonce looks nice here; at the very least more interesting than most of her recent editorial incarnations.

However the idea that Carine is suddenly so relevant once again for putting the world's biggest pop star on the cover of her second rate publication is laughable. Once upon a time she had smart, clever and simple ideas but nowadays all of her work reeks of a surprisingly high level of desperation. There's no soul in CR Book, despite the fact that a decent line up of new photographers (and some not so great) frequently get the chance to show off...but in the long run the end product is never anything but underwhelming, which undoes any good intentions Ms. R might have had in the first place.

Béyoncé? Really? There is sooooo many great models in this world, why choosing a face that everyone see everywhere... Oh yes I know, money money money. I'm tired of her.

As always I think Carine tries way too hard to be Cool/Contemporary/Trendy/Young/Hip and happening, which makes it so much the opposite. Me no like

CR Fashion Book is irrelevant and mediocre despite Carine's efforts to re-establish herself after the VP tenure. I honestly have no idea how she got Beyoncé on the cover.

I almost drowse when i see her face, just like her facial expression. The rerouching was very good, she looks thinner than actuality:innocent:. The only thing i like about this issue is the Yohji Yamamoto coat on the cover. It's just like a rare gem when most of magazines out there seem so obsessed with LV collection.

Can't stand Beyoncé, there are so many other people I'd rather see on the cover. The content looks okay, I like Ashleigh and the Gigi editorial doesn't look half bad (even though this girl always makes the same face). Also, isn't this the last issue of the magazine? I remember reading something about the publisher going out of business or them having to drop this title due to cuts in the company. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Beyonce looks gorgeous, I find it hard to believe this is her first big fashion magazine cover of 2014. She's had a great year. I wonder how Carine actually scored Beyonce, she must have had to jump through flaming hoops and back. At one point it would have been easy to do so but she never really had a fond for Bey.

Carine Roitfeld has become so obnoxious. All because of a MaxMara coat...or was it Balenciaga?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->