Creme De La Mer

I've just finished my 2oz pot. At first, i thought it was over-hyped as well...too heavy and rich, and I had an initial break-out (a few small pimples). But I've changed my mind.

After I started using it as a night crm and eye crm only (and a cheap Vichy one in the morning), my skin's been really good. I have combo skin:its dry but has a hard time absorbing moisturizer, and at the same time, its super sensitive to oily stuff (like Nivea which ppl have compared with CDLM in this thread). This winter, my skin is nicely moisturized and more importantly, the skin around my eyes are perfectly moisturized where normally it may get dry esp under concealer.

The verdict: i would buy it again. This time, I'll use it solely as a night crm so it'll stretch farther since it IS super expensive!

Of course, there could be something that works just as well but costs less...
:innocent:

i have used creme de la mer for over three years. i decided to stop and try something else (considering the cost) - i stopped three weeks ago and now my skin is revolting against me. I have pimples that i never had before.
I'm not sure if my skin has been spoiled and is now pissed off or what!

i bought another 2oz pot yesterday.

I have been using it almost 2 months,when I went for facial the girl said my skin seems much better and moisturized comparing to before,but I do not think there's a dramatic difference.

eunhe - your skin's revolting? thats funny :lol:
coincidentally, i just developed a bit of dry rash on my right jaw right after i finished my pot too :blink:

way too greasy for me, not to mention overpriced. bit of an odd smell too. i still use it from time to time when my skin is feeling dry. i much prefer the cheaper olay with spf 15.

La Mer Whitening Essence/Lotion

Has any one tryed one of these? It said that it's suppose to dramaticly fade hiperpigmentation, acne scars, freckles etc. Just want to see if any body heard good thing about it. thanks.^_^

I'd like to know too. But I dont understand, how do creams like this only fade the spots on your skin and not your natural pigment?

These products must be new because no one has even heard of them yet. I'm not sure how they lighten the marks without lightening the skin around I just assumed that it worked the same way that the creams the derm give you.

I want this!! I have marks leftover from acne..it looks like I have acne, but I haven't broken out in such a long time! Maybe I should ask my derm about a similar cream before I go out and buy $La Mer$. I didn't even know they existed..wow!

Just looked on Sephora...Dior has a whitening lotion "DiorSnow" ..anyone know anything about it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone here tried the body lotion?

Also, I see I can order it online through the creme de la mer, neimans and saks websites. Is it going to be more expensive in England than on the websites, or will the price be the same?

^ I think the price pretty much stays the same whereever you buy it (though I could be wrong).

I read an article in Shop, Etc. where a woman used CDLM on her body while she was pregnant and it kept her from getting stretch marks :shock: ^_^

I used CDLM for a while (right now my bank account won't allow me to buy it) and I had pretty good results. It was a little oily for my combo skin but I noticed that it evened out my skin tone and I didn't have any problems w/ blackheads or weird breakouts. Though I did notice that soon after I switched to Givenchy, I got a blackhead! So I don't know if it was the Givenchy or something else (I returned the Givenchy right away though).

Anyway, I'd reccomend CDLM to anyone.....though people with naturally oily skin might want to be aware.

I love it. if you have oily skin you can get the oil free version. I love the smell more than anything i wish they had a perfume of the scent.

what about the one with SPF & the lip balmhave anyone tried them?

just bought a cdlm set to replace my lotion i've been using, but i noticed it's a bit too rich for summer, even the lotion-- getting bumps, ugh. but i think for winter, as a night creme and eye balm, it will be better as big miu above metioned

Who uses this stuff? My boss who is in her mid 40's uses it and she looks incredible. I tried it a couple of times and my skin seems to adore it. I've been using the concentrate and my skin has an incredible glow just after a couple of days.

The only drawback is the price . . . Do you think its worth it? What CDLM product do you use? All input gratefully received - I cant decide if its worth spending such a lot of money on skincare.

Chi x

I have used it in the past and dont mind buying it again in the future. I dont believe its a miracle cream however and think there are some moisturizers out there that are just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->