Cusp: Neiman Marcus contemporary stores

Are you Russian? Well If you are I dont think they are tacky my Russian friends are some of the best dressed ppl I know

GalleriaResident said:
Are you Russian? Well If you are I dont think they are tacky my Russian friends are some of the best dressed ppl I know

Yep.

:lol: at fashionista-ta...

Give me a Texas Rich b*tch from Houston or Dallas anyday with her Jose Eber' or Ceron' hairdo,Big Cartier Diamond,and her Bentley convertible parked in front of the Big Neiman Marcus or Saks 5th Ave Sign anyday of the week!

I'm from Dallas natively and all I can say is... you can take it! ew. The human warts around here are the most annoying part of living in Texas (or Dallas at least). My boyfriend was visiting me recently for a few months, and he had lived in Hawaii and California (and Alabama) before for most of his life, and the whole time he kept saying how he'd never seen so many big cars (especially Hummers) in an area at once.

A Jose Eber/Ceron hairstyle, Bentley/Hummer and shopping at Neiman's or Saks every day doesn't mean you have style, it just means you have money. As Dolly Parton says, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Neiman Marcus is so stuffy, I go there only to study the womenswear, never to shop for myself (not that I can afford anything there). I agree with Faust, Barney's Co Op is pretty good, and for people my age much more inviting than NM.

In fausts defense, they are actually Texans, it's not like he brought it up randomly.

fashionista-ta said:
... I will say though that Neimans' buyers do exceptionally good work, so perhaps the merch will speak for itself.
I agree, for the most part, they have buyers with impeccable selections (not neccessarily taste), much better than Saks but not nearly as good as Barneys (IMO).

God, Bentley's are so uneccessary, I detest Bentley's and Rolls Royces, crass consumption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mutterlein said:
Neiman Marcus is so stuffy, I go there only to study the womenswear, never to shop for myself (not that I can afford anything there). I agree with Faust, Barney's Co Op is pretty good, and for people my age much more inviting than NM.

Thank you. What attracts FASHION-conscious people to Barneys is that they do FASHION. Neiman does LUXURY clothes. There is a world of difference between the two. I love Barneys because it's not ALWAYS the bottom line for them - they like to take chances, and many a time it gives them the competitive and even the store image edge that Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf can only dream of. If a line doesn't work, they'll drop it, but at least they will try.

faust said:
Thank you. What attracts FASHION-conscious people to Barneys is that they do FASHION. Neiman does LUXURY clothes. There is a world of difference between the two. I love Barneys because it's not ALWAYS the bottom line for them - they like to take chances, and many a time it gives them the competitive and even the store image edge that Saks, Neiman, Bergdorf can only dream of. If a line doesn't work, they'll drop it, but at least they will try.

Agree, I love Barney's too and still have things in my wardrobe from before they closed here ... and definitely looking forward to their reopening this fall. In the meantime though, us folks here in the wasteland have been having to make do with the likes of Neimans ... and it is possible to be fashionable shopping there. It's very true though that I get a much friendlier reception at Forty-Five Ten than I do at NM, and that's because FFT finds their fashionable customer interesting, whereas the average NM SA tends to be a real snot looking for evidence of a kept woman vs evidence of taste. Hey, I'm there for the Ferragamos, who gives a s*** what they think ^_^ :P :innocent:

Damn Fashionista & Markie Do you all hate Dallas that much? Maybe you guys should move lol!! All I can shop at is saks an neimans an the other 5 highend malls cry me a river. hahaha Just Kidding

GalleriaResident said:
So you dont live in the metro area? Got me there

I live outside Dallas county in what is almost a different world ... thankfully. You never see shiny happy North Dallas people in my neck of the woods. I also live in a "blue" neighborhood ... it's like a little oasis of normality :innocent: My town does have its own little Neimans.

fashionista-ta said:
I live outside Dallas county in what is almost a different world ... thankfully. You never see shiny happy North Dallas people in my neck of the woods. I also live in a "blue" neighborhood ... it's like a little oasis of normality :innocent: My town does have its own little Neimans.

are you talking about plano?

Well She Said you would never see North Dallas ppl in her town so that ex's out plano doesnt it...(Love WillowBend)

GalleriaResident said:
Well She Said you would never see North Dallas ppl in her town so that ex's out plano doesnt it...(Love WillowBend)

i know, that's why i asked. there are only 3 neimans in dfw though. downtown, northpark, and willowbend (the little one).

GalleriaResident said:
There is 4th one It Fort Worth or it could be the one in Grapevine NM Last Call

i didnt know about the ft worth one, that's probably it. we hijacked this thread, didnt we. :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->