cyclic shopping/collecting

tangerine

Soviet Camaro
Reaction score
Do you find your buying goes in patterns?

For example, recently I decided to buy a pair of sneakers. Chuck Taylors, to be exact. I looked around and found several colors that I liked. I bought the one I liked best. Within a couple of weeks I had bought two more colors, then moved on to expanding my collection of Vans.

The same thing has happened with almost every other item I have bought. Once my attention has focused on an item, or class of item, I find that I get more and more into it and before I know it I have a collection of them.

Anyone else an obsessive collector?

Yes, yes!
I always buy certain items in patterns and then suddenly decide i should be buying something else entirely.

I also buy in patterns... following months of not wanting to shop with months of wanting to do nothing else. But i think that's just schizophrenia :P

Signing up to join this list...except that it goes beyond fashion!
I do it with books, music, DVDs...just about everything :ninja:

I don't really shop a lot, I think... But it's all relative, isn't it? :lol:

I tend to buy shoes for a while, then decide I need knitwear, or maybe jackets... I buy batches of socks/underwear whenever I realise my old ones are starting to fall apart...

I don't really consider it a problem, but I also buy more of what I already have, like Chelsea boots: I have three pairs at the moment and I'm itching to buy more... But at the same time I'm hesitating because I don't *really* need them...

astatine said:
I do it with books, music, DVDs...just about everything :ninja:
I'm like that as well... I'll tend to buy albums by artist (as often as possible until i have them all) or by type (all one genre in one month and a different in the next). And then i fall completely out of a cd mood and do the same with dvds. and then vice versa...

i wish i wasn't so extreme :ninja:

This thread is starting to feel a little like Postsecret...liberating!! :D
It's good to know there're other people who are the same :flower:

i suffer from that as well... i have just VERY RECENTLY started buying me dresses and i am starting to buy them compulsively too, i guess.... worrying... for years and years i mostly bought blue jeans in the past... had dozens of them...

YES! YES!!

I'm trying desperately to train myself not to do this :lol:
In my case, I always gravitate towards the same type of things..
only to buy something, get it home & realize I already have it (if not in multiples :innocent:)

I'm getting better about it, but it's hard work :D

yes! I bought $200 worth of really cute socks until I realized that I had plenty. For a while there I couldn't stop buying socks. Right now it's cheap M by MJ bags, I can't get enough of them. I only wish I was buy an actual store so I could get them for (so I've heard) 75% off. :(

when I find something I like, I tend to focus all energies on amassing the most I can from whichever designer, era, etc. to which it belongs... plus, I can nod in relation to most things already said.

Any time now and we'll all begin answering to Anonymous... :lol::ninja:

Count me in for cyclic shoppers!

I'm trying to break myself out of it because how many [insert item you frequently purchase] do you really need?

But for me I realise that I am in a bag phase, shoe phase (with the clothes phase running in parallel), necklace phase, cold turkey phase (which unfortunately is the shortest) and then it'll be bag phase all over again.

And I realise that even for my clothes phase I can break it down further into more cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehousedownboots
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->