David Beckham for H&M

honeycombchild

Reaction score
DAVID BECKHAM is H&M's latest signing - the footballer and fashion icon has teamed up with the Swedish high street store to launch his bodywear range for men. The collection - which is not a collaboration but rather a long-term distribution partnership, we're told - will be launched on February 2 2012 worldwide, in time for Valentine's Day.
"Over the past year, I've been developing my Bodywear range with my team and I'm extremely positive about what we have designed and produced," Beckham said. "The final piece in the jigsaw was a retail partner who has the vision and capability to distribute these products globally. In H&M we have found the perfect partner to collaborate with going forward, I'm excited and looking forward to showcasing the range to H&M customers from February."

"This partnership with H&M is an important step in the evolution of David's journey from sporting hero to entrepreneur and icon", says Simon Fuller, David Beckham's long time business partner. "H&M's enthusiasm and support for this venture, combined with their scale and reach, will continue to enhance the power of David's image around the world."

The range will be available from 1800 H&M stores in around 40 countries worldwide.
Vogue.com

wat?

can't say i wasn't the least bit excited about the sound of it, but seeing how it's just underwear.... meh

i would be interested in an actual collection by him, clothing wise, cause he does seem to be a capable dresser of reasonably good style.

Oh, I thought he was exclusive to Adidas when it comes to clothing (he definitely had sneakers with his name on it, not sure about apparel).

But his one sounds rather random and weird, because he also has this Beckham denim line and aaalso advertised underwear for Armani. So H&M seems a little bit misplaced between those brands. But we'll see.

Oh, I thought he was exclusive to Adidas when it comes to clothing (he definitely had sneakers with his name on it, not sure about apparel).

But his one sounds rather random and weird, because he also has this Beckham denim line and aaalso advertised underwear for Armani. So H&M seems a little bit misplaced between those brands. But we'll see.

I think he's just going to launch his line and sell at at H&M which would be ok with the other contracts he has. I don't know much about his Addidas contract, and his Armani one is already up, but if his image is just exclusive to Addidas then he can do the line, he'd be the "designer" and not the "model" though I see no reason for him not to be in the ads and so on.

I think he's just going to launch his line and sell at at H&M which would be ok with the other contracts he has. I don't know much about his Addidas contract, and his Armani one is already up, but if his image is just exclusive to Addidas then he can do the line, he'd be the "designer" and not the "model" though I see no reason for him not to be in the ads and so on.

perhaps the underwear is still manufactured by Adidas or adidas contracted or subcontracted factories. H&M will only act as a distributor apparently.

In some parts of Europe it's quite common for the H&M's to stock beauty and skincare brands I believe? They have a sort of built in Pharmacy, and to my knowledge that's the only time they've previously distributed other brands products.

They never did it in the UK, and don't think they do in the US either, so this could be the first time they act as a distributor globally.

I'm not sure which countries they are in exactly, but I know they do exist. It's also why in the H&M magazine you see there's adverts for hair/beauty products, it's always the ones they sell.

I´m pretty excited about it, even if it´s only underwear ^_^

but the beauty products they sell are from their own brand. i've yet to see 3rd party products beings sold inside an H&M.

The beauty products are not from just their own brand. They have their own range, yes, but they also sell third party products.

then i've yet to see 3rd party products, cause all i've ever seen was branded as 'H&M'

Well, as I said, it's limited to certain countries, but yes they do. Or at the very least they did up until a year/two years ago, as I know from first hand experience.

It was basically like a mini Boots/Superdrug within the stores.

Well, as I said, it's limited to certain countries, but yes they do. Or at the very least they did up until a year/two years ago, as I know from first hand experience.

It was basically like a mini Boots/Superdrug within the stores.
Yeay I've seen it too. I'm quite sure that they do it in Sweden.

SOURCE h&m, zigazig-ha.com

Attachments

• hmprod.jpeg
    hmprod.jpeg
    12.8 KB · Views: 11
  • hmprod2.jpeg
    hmprod2.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 9
  • hmprod3.jpeg
    hmprod3.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
  • thumb.jpg