Designers fight having their clothes on the "wrong" celebs

I think the most important thing,imo,is how whosoever is wearing it. If they're mixing up their own way that's fine but some end up looking more like walking ad campaigns,blatantly exposing certain "it" pieces or bags. I find that horribly distasteful.

Does anybody else find it incredibly funny hearing this quote from the very person in Tom Ford who drew in and catered to most celebrity in fashion?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the designers don't like it, they can always go back to strictly couture, made-to-order pieces for a chosen clientele. But if I were a footballer's wife who could kill sales or deflate artistic visions by exercising my purchasing power, I'd find out which designer hated me and wear only their clothing, strictly out of spite. I'd be Tom Ford's and the Proenza Schouler boys horrible anti-Muse, pairing everything they did with Lucite platforms mules and airbrush acrylic nail art until they had no choice but to love and accept me.

How did Britney Spears get a hold of Mathew Williamson stuff does she even know who that is an how did the Olsens get Prozena stuff. Stop sending free sh*t to "stylist" an magazines unless it Vogue or Harpers etc etc an you wont have these problems

GalleriaResident said:
I dont understand this b******* Victoria Beckham is the best dressed celebrity period I dont care if you dont like her style are not she is best dressed!! Look at American celebs on the non redcarpet days. NO Prada,Chanel,Gucci,Chloe,Lavin,etc outfits its all that La trash brands or sweats looking a hot mess an bad hair. They needed to put LV in that article because his label is just everywhere an has lost its prestige except for the luggage an limited edition 2k bags that comeout every season. Also I dont think these ppl kill brands to be honest the popularity inspires knockoffs ie the chloe pad version at Target. The Edith is ugly Chloe is getting to cocky as if they are so incredible an stella business is yet to turn a profit she could use some attention. As for celebs they are all WhiteTrash who got some money an I will never look to them for style an no one on this board should because they are unclassy an dont know what they are doing. Socialites should be celebrated by their goodstyle ie Tori Burch,Blane Trump,Fabiola Beracasa,Becca Cason Thrash. Only celebs I look at is David Beckham an Cristiano Ronaldo an thats only if I need a new idea every 6months. Christian Louboutin was wrecked from the begining in my opinion it was talked about on Macolm in the Middle on Fox an they copied the red sole at Aldo an Charlotte Russe as well as Steve Madden so that label is trash an was ruined by L.A. ie Jessica Simpson,Paris Hilton,Nicole,Racheal Zoe an every other non fashion concieus idoit in LA with money that was photographed with those shoes on because they were "popular" an told to wear them. I love Posh's style its Glam an looks good worldwide she is far from a trashy style imo. If Designers dont like the bad exposure they should stop being stupid an dressing these celebrities for free!! An inviting them to sit front row at their shows!! Invite the real stylish an classy ppl even if not as famous!! Celebs dont belong at Fashion Shows unless they have actual class an style you wouldnt invite some nobody trailer trash to sit front row an Versace or Balenciaga so why invite them now(celebs) Well good to get that off my chest.
What?

As to the WAGs- I am torn. my beloved Fendi B bag has been spotted on a WAG, Paris Hilton, and Lohan. :yuk:

...But, at the end of the day, I bought it because *I* love it. And I still do. Other people do not come into the equation.

Oh, and designers need to remember that they are not God, they're business people, selling their wares.

TheFLUFFER said:
this reminds me of a little scandal from one year ago when karl got freaked out about H&M making his clothes in bigger sizes. I just think it's so hypocritical, more than that, it's dumb. fashion is a BUSINESS. the more it sells, the better.

He's right, all people abouve a size 10 should just die. They should of killed him, when he was fat. :innocent:

.:sprigged:. said:
posh... was born, as you say "WhiteTrash who got some money"...

:lol:

I don't think that designers can really have control of who gets to wear their stuff, but I agree that they'd probably get weirded out by people like Victoria Beckham who wear their stuff. It's like eating creme brulee with chips. hmmm... bad example though.

Wow, is that really true? Well, it figures that Tom Ford would say that, he's all about the money and business of fashion and not about the clothes (I've read many articles about him on this topic, which is why I don't buy anything he makes) which is sad, that now days it's hard to find a designer who is really in it for the design aspect.

But I do agree with some of that, like lets take coach and dooney & bourke bags for example, they've gotten a bad name. I don't know how to say this, but like lower class people are even walking around with them and old ladys are wearing the ones with bright colors and like they think they have "money" because they own a $100 dollar bag (with crazy colored hearts and wacky colors) (which is not even a lot compared to designer bags) I'm just trying to say that, I wouldn't buy one after seeing how many people have them, there just so tacky now?!

Ok, I had the same thoughts before I read this title and that's why I am here talking about it, because I am on the same page as Pastry and others when it comes to celeb - I avoid anything about them.

Personally for me it is a huge turn off when I see celebs - Lohan, Hilton, Spears wearing a certainn designer brand/ item. I do think that they ruins the brand/item to it's extreme! I never think any celebs has any style other than a walking logo outfit, it's all their STYLIST who puts together a glamourous outfit for them.

I also agree with the person who says some designers need to simply stop giving away free stuff to all those stylists, they shoud give them to Vogue if they want their brand to remain it's value!

The last point I want to have my 2 cents on is the fashion as a business thing. It's true that fashion is a business, more people buy it the better. Deginers want to earn money yet they are complaining about people wearing their clothes??!?!! They need to realize that once your stuff are in store for sell ANYONE has the right to buy them and wear them. If you think certain customer ruins your "designer art", do COUTOURE ONLY!!!!

...But, at the end of the day, I bought it because *I* love it. And I still do. Other people do not come into the equation.

:flower:

*anyways..i'm becoming more lighthearted about this issue, as i read this thread.
jumping on the train of people who say that fashion is business and you can't choose who buys your stuff.

and mellowdrama...such a GREAT post! =)

What?

Please use paragraphs.

Oh, and most people in the UK don't view posh as a classy socialite, she was born, as you say "WhiteTrash who got some money"

Which is a highly ignorant statement, and shows just how "classy" you are.
:rolleyes:

As to the WAGs- I am torn. my beloved Fendi B bag has been spotted on a WAG, Paris Hilton, and Lohan. :yuk:

Oh, and designers need to remember that they are not God, they're business people, selling their wares.

Who are you. Read it again it makes perfect sense. Well for Posh, never said she was a socialite but well dressed. Every paparazzi picture I have ever see of her in London,Spain,Tokyo etc she is always dressed incredibly well, shopping or going to business meeting you cant argue that.what major celeb dresses as well as her? I cant think of any because they are all schlumping the streets of LA an NYC in Tacky Free Gift bag gear,nasty sweats an sneakers, with the occasional designer handbag its called an accessory for a reason if you get what Im saying. As for Posh again stateside they always make it seems like she came from an uppermiddle class family never poor. As for celebs being Trash with Cash its very true in America they all have these sad Rags to Riches Specials E! or VH1 an look at their behavior in public an how they walk out the house. Thats All Im Saying! As for Trailer Trash with Money its not ignorant its just another term for Nouveau Riche

GalleriaResident said:
Who are you. Read it again it makes perfect sense. Well for Posh, never said she was a socialite but well dressed. Every paparazzi picture I have ever see of her in London,Spain,Tokyo etc she is always dressed incredibly well, shopping or going to business meeting you cant argue that.what major celeb dresses as well as her? I cant think of any because they are all schlumping the streets of LA an NYC in Tacky Free Gift bag gear,nasty sweats an sneakers, with the occasional designer handbag its called an accessory for a reason if you get what Im saying. As for Posh again stateside they always make it seems like she came from an uppermiddle class family never poor. As for celebs being Trash with Cash its very true in America they all have these sad Rags to Riches Specials E! or VH1 an look at their behavior in public an how they walk out the house. Thats All Im Saying! As for Trailer Trash with Money its not ignorant its just another term for Nouveau Riche

I am Sprigged, who are you?

Again, please use paragraphs.

Oh, and I'm sure your blood is as blue as the sky. Stop being a wannabe snob. *Truly* upper class people, post 1789, do not think or act in such a ridiculous way. Trust me.

For goodness sake. :rolleyes:

As an aspiring designer myself, I can completely understand where designers are coming from in this kind of situation. Is it obnoxious, pretentious and arrogant? Most likely, but I'd give my sewing hand before I let my dress be seen on someone whose taste I deem bad....whether they paid for it or not.

Sure, if they went into a store and purchased my dress, it's not like I can do anything to stop them from wearing it (at least, not until I'm of the Karl/Marc/Tom level of designers)

....but if someone ever asked me how I felt about seeing, oh, Lindsay Lohan in my latest design, I wouldn't think twice before saying she looked terrible in it.

This doesn't make much sense to me. I just don't believe that some designer piece being spotted on someone so high-profile (and, whether most people here agree or not, so idolised) as Victoria Beckham would DECREASE it's sales.

As someone said, Victoria and the other 'WAGs' probably make up a huge percentage of the customers for designer brands like Gucci, so it's extremely hypocritical for the designers to be so arrogant and critical of whoever is wearing their stuff.

i thik this sort of thinking opens the gats to all sorts of discrimination. isn't it classist to say ---eww no white trash can wear my stuff? how is this sort of discrimination diff from Miuccia thinking her topp line is too good to be modeled on black women? atleast these women arer PAYING to wear the clothes

gia0202 said:
i thik this sort of thinking opens the gats to all sorts of discrimination. isn't it classist to say ---eww no white trash can wear my stuff? how is this sort of discrimination diff from Miuccia thinking her topp line is too good to be modeled on black women? atleast these women arer PAYING to wear the clothes

Gia I am not going to go deep into this but there is HUGE DIFFERENCE Between Classist an Racist.
Being mad that some ghetto ,trailer park, classless,etc person who still has those ways,style,mannerism etc an Hetting mad at some because of race no matter how classy they are.

Thats my Point on that Matter.:flower:

but i was just pointing ouot another arbitrary reason to see oneself as better than another. i think from a business standpoint maybe its better to have certain peeps rocking a designer--but from a position of humility, we are all the same.

If I were a designer, I'd be completely irked if some types were wearing my clothes. For the most part, these designers have worked so hard to build their brand up and create an image for it. And having someone like Victoria in any piece could make them have to start over from the beginning. But Karl's fat people comment was out of line.

LOL Yeah it was because he used to be huge hiding behind that fan. To be honest if a celebrity has the same brand I dont care. Its just when it hits to mainstream. You all know what I mean like when old ppl were wearing juicy or how I see ppl who cant dress an you can tell have never heard of Chloe are Rocking the Target or Walmart Paddington. But Also Im a guy so Usually Never have this problem hahaha

Can they really cause that much damage? Like serious, Chanel in danger? I don't think that just because one person who has a horrible style can do that much damage to the major brands like that yea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->