Dior Homme F/W 11.12 Paris

tarsha

Reaction score
First looks...

--mg-2526.jpg
--mg-2528.jpg

nowfashion

I thought it was going to be live on their website...

i'm so over van asshche at dior. not only does he not impress me on the runway, the pieces that make it to retail are horrible.

this looks like he took clothing from his own line and tossed in some old accesories from ann demeulemeester and walked it down the runway. oh, how i miss the days of hedi slimane, when i would actually get excited for this house.

I'm just absolutely salivating over the looks in the first post :rolleyes::lol:
Seriously though, wtf is this? Black AGAIN? He seriously needs to go. I can't even distinguish this from his own line.

Let's be fair, these are amazing beautiful clothes, but I do question if they are right for the brand. It was originally a beacon for indie cool, under Slimane it was perhaps the intellectual brooding male version of Isabel Marant or at one point a youthful pop infused Helmut Lang, but it's moved into an entirely different direction now. It's more Yohji, Demeuelemeester, etc. This isn't a bad thing, and Van Aasche has executed this kind of dressing incredibly well. But he hasn't really kept to the same spirit that Slimane so carefully and expertly crafted. I suppose this is not so bad considering when he did try to keep the Slimane look it was disastrous. As nice as these clothes are, and they are quite nice, he's not really selling it as a vision, not to the extent that a huge mega brand like Dior should be. It's missing youth appeal, and maybe that's all it really needs to bring it to that next level. Of course, he'll have to be sure to do it in his own way, in a relevant way, if it wants to convince anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at this collection again, there are some nice pieces. I like the cut of the pants and the jackets. You have to accept Dior Homme for what it is today, it is no longer in the Hedi-era and the comparison has been beaten to death. I do think Kris needs to go in a different direction. Dior Homme now just seems to be an extension of his own line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelliewillshowuhowitsdone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->