Mr-Dale

Unveil Yourself....
Reaction score
The end of mens fashion week's here!

capt.par12307051900.france_fashion_par123.jpg
capt.par12407051901.france_fashion_par124.jpg

www.yahoo.com

FINALLY THE OLD HEDI WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!!!:heart: :flower: :D

Part of a Paris fashion week review, regarding this collection. Found through www.yahoo.com

PARIS (AFP) - Hedi Slimane reinvented the modern rock star with a 1960s touch for Dior, and Givenchy offered a dose of youthful, laid-back chic to close out the spring-summer 2006 menswear shows in Paris. if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("");if (window.yzq_a){yzq_a('p', 'P=hB5tR0LaS.b8yo5xQslXHgM5U3ZhnULK7eoABJza&T=15r46dh7j%2fX%3d1120595434%2fE%3d95959686%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d621120337%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJlbmVyZ3k7c2tpbjttYW47aG91c2Ui%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3dA4A949D1');yzq_a('a', '&U=139a0r5ol%2fN%3d3c0tB9FJq20-%2fC%3d354793.6708480.7663438.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d2816225');}
b

Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger provided the real rock-star power in the front row at the high-energy Dior show, while Slimane turned to up-and-coming British band The Rakes to provide the soundtrack.

Slimane -- himself a great music fan -- sent out would-be rockers in low-riding stovepipe trousers held up by tiny red suspenders, black shirts, skinny ties, two-tone patent leather shoes, cropped jackets, and jaunty hats.

The look had a decidedly 1960s flair -- grunge is out, hipster Scottish band Franz Ferdinand is in. Jackets were cropped in the back but had tails in the front. Slimane even offered a bolero in red plaid.

For a more glam look, the French designer offered the skin-tight trousers in leopard print or silver sequins. A black jacket with white music notes would suit the aspiring singer looking to make an impression.

For evening, a satin tuxedo is sure to please both Slimane's male clients, such as top designer and front-row guest Karl Lagerfeld, and his female admirers, including several actresses on Hollywood's A-list.

isnt that 'our' Boy on the first post MrDale? :unsure:
he sure looks cool

finally, i can wear suspenders again.

i love the jackets.

not sure how i feel about the cropped up jeans and pants.. with the white socks, its a bit michael jackson

thanx guys:flower:

I'm interested, but as usual, not entirely sold......

love the 2 tone shoes that remind me of my old creepers......the red jacket in the first post is AWESOME!!!!!!!

can't wait to see more!

short trousers seem the highlight of the menswear season :wink:
love the two tone shoes, very rockabilly king

i love everything about this collection so far the clothes seem to be slimmer than in previous seasons (which means i should probably lose some wieght lol) i cant wait to see the show especially the music because i like the rakes

I love the checkered jacket, not too sure about the suspenders and wearability though. Good show, but I prefer SS '05.

I can't seem to find the signature belt. I sure hope the suspenders weren't it. :blink:

i dont like this at all. i hate those hats. i know i'll be virtually killed for saying this but i think it's so so poorly original, take those libertines' characters, franz f. + carlos d. and you have the entire collection.

no one seems to be wearing a belt, and haydn is right it is very michael jackson.

^"take those libertines' characters, franz f. + carlos d. and you have the entire collection."

thats what i like about it i feel great now i just got some red rubber braces from vivienne westwood:woot:

i find it more '60s UK/Carnaby street than MJ to be honest

I like that cropped jacket...finally, boleros for men!

VICTIM--I'm sure the Westwood suspenders are better

Mullet--the hats aren't the issue it's the way they are placed...ala Ducky in Pretty in Pink (and I completely agree with the Carlos comparison...)

I'm digging the small collars....nice change from the high collar stand in menswear for the past few years.

I like the short pants, but would either do a black or coloured sock...or none

^yeah my westwood ones look a lot stronger i love the sharpness of this collection though i do love the higher collars on a stand i think this is a good changei like the short trousers (no socks) i dont know about the mens bolero -i like it but i'm not sure about its wearability

Lena - i definatly see the 60's carnaby street and not really michael jackson :flower: - glad i'm not the only one

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dariabryzhnik
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->