Dressing to Beat the Heat

I am travelling to Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei soon and to be honest I am completely freaking out :ninja: I am used to 35C+ in the South of France but it is not as humid and what we tend to do is stay indoor with the windows closed or put the aircon on :lol:

However, I want to make the most of my trip so for the first time in my life I have bought shorts (well since my mother stopped dressing me). It was quite difficult to find the correct length but I found one in linen that I really look forward to wearing! I also bought a couple of vest and a sun hat.. I don't know how to work out my sunglasses situation so I will have to see what I will do..

One question regarding skincare/makeup: what do you do? I don't wear makeup on a daily basis but I was hoping to spice things up a little bit so lipstick is fine I guess but what about councillor and eye makeup? Good or bad idea? Also when it comes to skincare can I keep my regular routine or should I always carry an atomizer or some wipes?

Thank you :flower:

have a great trip eva...
i haven't been there so i don't have specific advice, but i will say that i had a plan for when i got to japan but it changed once i got there...(much more humid than anticipated- also couldn't bare as much skin as usual)
maybe leave room in your luggage and budget to adjust and perhaps purchase some things when you get there once you see how it is and how the locals handle the heat...
they are going to have all the appropriate stuff available there...
and probably at very reasonable $$

regarding layers/undergarments...
i got this in grey and in black...
works great under all my cutaway tanks and dresses and anything that is a bit low cut...
took the pads out immediately and am very happy with the result...

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/wo...~/women/innerwear-and-loungewear/airism/bra/~

uniqlo strikes again!
:mohawk:

Last edited by a moderator:
the weather is so disgusting...
every single year i am in shock at how bad it is...
bleh...

my brain is so fried that i cannot even remember what clothing i own in order to stay cool and look decent...
:wacko:...

:sideways:

*this is when i suddenly develop a longing for linen...
i really understand why hot and humid countries sport so much of the stuff...
:shock:...

Last edited by a moderator:
^is it because it doesn't cling to the body? Like when a person sweats

^^^ Linen will cling if you’re pouring with sweat LOL But it does tend to dry quickly.

When the weather is muggy, thick, sticky and feels like the inside of a bathhouse, and you’re not privileged to be stepping from AC car to AC building all day, all the time, and have to actually get out on the street, nothing beats pure linen. Now’s the time for a more disheveled, stylishly crumpled look, and just live with a bit of sweat which can look sexy on the right person. No point complaining, just unbutton a few more pearl buttons, roll your sleeves up, slick your hair back and try to enjoy your fav sent mixed with your own sweat, along with a healthy glisten all over your face and body. Make the best of it.

Thanks- I wondered cos I bought this linen cloth years ago, and dont have with me anymore. Would have sewn it into something
It is coarse like soft denim. I just imagine those kind of fabrics don't cling. A pain to iron

in general I dont have lots of clothing experience in the summer dept :-p
I generally stay away from heat
But I remember my coolest item is a button down from the Gap. It is the finest i have. Dont know what fabric it is (i mean, cotton obviously but maybe not poplin,label is in Japanese

My main beef :Pink: has been with my skin actually. Gets oilier when it is warm
And I don't have to be outside...
(Hair too lol but thats another story)
Right now i am trying something by La Roche-Posay and hopefully my skin will have developed better by the end of the month

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->