Do you prefer dressing for summer or winter?

shadow

Reaction score
I love the summer. We can dress in light, bright clothes, show off our bodies, everyone looks healthier with a light tan... however out there on the street it is UGLY!. Faded t-shirts, unkept feet in black rubber sandals, deformed bermudas, so many people look like they got dressed in the dark!

...and then I miss winter: "Proper coats", good fabrics, leather shoes, silk scarves, wool and cashmere, subdued colors...

When do you think that people dress/look better?

i think winter, cos its not a pritty sight seeing fat chavs showing mudrift or wearing bikini tops around town :sick: no offence but its like if you over 40, had like 6 kids, morbidy obese, and have really dogey fake tan it looks ok to wear crop tops. People were such little clothing in summer its not nice.

winter, its more fun

*moving this to personal style :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
winter, i think anyone looks better in that time. unfortunately, i live in a place with an 80 degree weather 90% of the year.. you have to put a bit of an effort not to look tacky, since you're bound to wear few clothes. -_-

Definitely winter. There's so much you can do with your style. So many things to combine.

Honey, it's cold you put clothes on; it's hot, you cannot do anything about it.

Hmm.. SUMMER !!! People look so much better then !

that's very hard - I love summer because I can wear skirts to my hearts content without having to worry about matching tights or boots to them (and I don't like wear boots very much). but unfortunately summer colours don't suit me. I prefer more nature-based, autumny colours, and black. I also don't like how everyone else dresses in the summer - too much flesh on display, and too much fake tan/peroxide blonde, etc...
therefore I love winter the most for fashion because there are so many endless layering possibilities (including skirts), beautiful coats and scarves...and the rich nature-based colours of winter are much more suited to my colouring. the dark greens, dark blues, dark purples... :heart: ^_^ just as well, as I only get about four months of warm weather anyway!

I think I look my best in winter personally. In summer I care more about comfort and ease then I do in winter, so I'm not as much of a perfectionist about what I wear. Winter though I put much more effort into my dressing....not sure why exactly.

As far as the better season of the two, it's hard to choose. Summer you can play more with everything, shorter skirts, open shoes, easy layers...while winter you can really wear beautiful fabrics that you just can't wear in summer, and coats always look chic.

Winter. :heart:

In summer, everyone freaks out at me if I wear black, or even brown :(

Definetely in winter.
Summer is really hot here and you can't think about what are you wearing, you have to wear in a certain way, winter has more possibilities, and I like layering, which is impossible in summer. I also prefer winter fabrics, like tweed, wool and similars, and I love coats and jackets (I really miss them from May to October). I adore opaque tights, long socks, scarves, winter berets and in general winter accesories (when it's hot I don't wear accesories, they bother me most of the time, only sunglasses).
Winter is far more amazing, with more possibilities and more beautiful clothes. Then, in the middle of January, I may answer that I miss summer clothes, but impartially, I prefer winter.

Definately winter... there are more options and I prefer the "winter colors."

I think people tend to dress more for comfort in the summer, which is understandable, but there isn't much you can wear on an 80 degree day, is there?

I mean, walking around in a swimsuit isn't very creative, whereas winter you can do whatever.

em 692 said:
I think people tend to dress more for comfort in the summer, which is understandable, but there isn't much you can wear on an 80 degree day, is there?

I mean, walking around in a swimsuit isn't very creative, whereas winter you can do whatever.
exactly. i have a secret tendency for accesories due to this climate. :ninja:

I like Winter. Its harder to play with your style when its hot out, and people make unkind remarks about my weight.

Summer, Summer, Summer.... such prettier colors and fabulous fabrics: linen, silk, cottons.. beach clothes, dress cloths that can be seen, sandels and strappy hills.

Nothing looks worse then an evening dress dangling out of the bottom of a coat, mink or otherwise with strappy shoes. The Presidential Inaugural this year took place with an ice storm and women looked so silly with their Manolos and minks, dresses hanging out trying not to slip on the ice.

^
agreed!! summer is the best! I always dress my best in the summer. When it's winter, the only thing people see is your overcoat. And that can get old. When I was in London for the winter last year, I wore my blue coat, accessorized with gloves, scarf, and chanel earmuffs. But there's only so much you can do in the winter. Summer is still my fav.

candicec

summer or winter...I don't know...but I have to agree with you Shadow "so many people look like they got dressed in the dark!" :D:D

Arturo21 said:
Winter. :heart:

In summer, everyone freaks out at me if I wear black, or even brown :(
I love brown for summer, it looks fabulous with a healthy tan....unfortunately people always associate it with autumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->