DSquared2 F/W 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot

Love this campaign minus the dripping blood.

Although colouring reminds me of some Dolce&Gabbana campaign.

Fantastic. The color scheme is similar to Givenchy's but I don't care. Can't wait to see those in print.

I still prefer tacky and useless ads like this rather than another "radical chic alternative that end like looking like crap" ads a la Balenciaga SS10 :rolleyes:

so they took Givenchy, ctrl+c and then ctrl+V and they put that poor guy there...
i hate it

oh c'mon

to be entirely fair, the only thing that spells 'Givenchy' is the blue of the background and if you've followed M&M for a while, you'll see that it's a shade they like to use.

after all, the Caten brothers signed off on this, with the Givenchy being released first. if they would have been displeased by the usage of the same color, they could have changed the background color.

Great ads, but i don't understand why choosed Chanel Iman on appeared on the campaign, she don't have a great body, is very skinny & this is the only reason than i don't like of the cam, Iris looks so great & agree with Star, she stores the ads.

I don't get the comparisons to the Givenchy campaign beyond M&M's brand of color saturation (which a couple of other posters have noted). The last two Givenchy campaigns were a bunch of people standing side by side looking at a camera; this one is naked people looking at D-Squared2 clad mannequins in a glass display case [shoulder shrug]. The only other common thread are those butt ugly hair cuts, which for reasons passing understanding they decided to give to the female models this go round. Mert and Marcus, please stop trying to make bowl hair cuts happen!

While I am at it, the comparisons to Steven Klein... to me, I associate Steven Klein with doing certain themes and Mert and Marcus I associate with a certain way of using color and other camera techniques, they are not as theme specific, so it makes sense that at some point along the way they would do a theme associated with a thematic photographer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already in love with this campaign. It's strong, sexy and fits the brand so well. The model cast is brilliant and I just adore every single shot.

I love this! It's so fierce and it's so full of energy. And yes, I agree, the backdrop seems the same as Givenchy's fall campaign but shot by the same photographer so that explains it.

I love how the story goes here. Love the effect! Love Iris, Love this!

DSquared2 F/W 10.11 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot
Bigger and better quality + one new eyewear shot

giovannibianco.com

Jordon Coulter is aussie! so proud of him! he looks amazing in this campaign!

i wish alla had an eyewear shot, her face would look good with this lighting, at least etter than iris

i really like the provocative edge to this; it is what i envision dsquared2 to have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->