Evan Rachel Wood and Marilyn Manson

I still cant believe people cant see passed what he looks like and realise maybe theres more to a person than the make up they wear and how they express themselves. He is the only music act who actually does what rock music is supposed to do, people who dont like him should see this more than those who do. The fact that you dont like him means he is getting the result he wants. Women like men who are confident, artistic, different and slightly dangerous. He may not be "hot" to you but surely you arent saying there isnt a tiny fragment of chance he could actually be very stimulating and engaging as a person. The women he has been with would be able to pick and choose the men they date vey easily, their intelligence and talent and i guess financial indepedence should surely validate that he cant possibly be the most revolting person in the world.

I still cant believe people cant see passed what he looks like and realise maybe theres more to a person than the make up they wear and how they express themselves. He is the only music act who actually does what rock music is supposed to do, people who dont like him should see this more than those who do. The fact that you dont like him means he is getting the result he wants. Women like men who are confident, artistic, different and slightly dangerous. He may not be "hot" to you but surely you arent saying there isnt a tiny fragment of chance he could actually be very stimulating and engaging as a person. The women he has been with would be able to pick and choose the men they date vey easily, their intelligence and talent and i guess financial indepedence should surely validate that he cant possibly be the most revolting person in the world.

It's not that people can't see beyond his physical appearance.

But I believe how you choose to present yourself to the world in appearance,
what you say, how you act, says something about you.

And I am the type of person who gets a little turned off by excessive makeup, goth-looking, real-deviation-from-mainstream kind of people.

This is a really good point and it makes a lot of sense, but what grates on me most about Marilyn Manson is that he seems such a pseud. It's like he Googled 'shocking' and 'shocking historical figures' and based much of his personality on his finds. No doubt he is somewhat intelligent, but he seems to be trying to become a composite of the most debauched characters in history (e.g. Humbert Humbert, Byron, the Marquis de Sade etc), but as - imo, anyway - he lacks the talent they had to pull it off, he simply comes off as a bit of a pretentious prat, and even worse by comparison to those he wants to ape.

He can stick to his clown make-up and other 'shocking' accoutrements, but I find his sham Byronic-outcast act far more annoying and pathetic. The people he seems trying to incorporate into his own persona were also regarded as 'dangerous' and 'weird' - probably not conventionally attractive either, with the exception of Byron - but their genius surmounted that to make them extremely compelling.

I don't think history will say the same about Manson, whose attempts to shock seem to have sprung from the mind of an infant trapped in a grown man's body. There's a quote which seems to sum him and many other up, which goes something like, "There's nothing more middle class than trying to shock the middle classes," but as I cannot remember who said it, this one from an article on dandies will have to do: "He dressed that way to deliberately shock people, and there’s nothing more middle class than that."

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a really good point and it makes a lot of sense, but what grates on me most about Marilyn Manson is that he seems such a pseud. It's like he Googled 'shocking' and 'shocking historical figures' and based much of his personality on his finds. No doubt he is somewhat intelligent, but he seems to be trying to become a composite of the most debauched characters in history (e.g. Humbert Humbert, Byron, the Marquis de Sade etc), but as - imo, anyway - he lacks the talent they had to pull it off, he simply comes off as a bit of a pretentious prat, and even worse by comparison to those he wants to ape.

He can stick to his clown make-up and other 'shocking' accoutrements, but I find his sham Byronic-outcast act far more annoying and pathetic. The people he seems trying to incorporate into his own persona were also regarded as 'dangerous' and 'weird' - probably not conventionally attractive either, with the exception of Byron - but their genius surmounted that to make them extremely compelling.

I don't think history will say the same about Manson, whose attempts to shock seem to have sprung from the mind of an infant trapped in a grown man's body. There's a quote which seems to sum him and many other up, which goes something like, "There's nothing more middle class than trying to shock the middle classes," but as I cannot remember who said it, this one from an article on dandies will have to do: "He dressed that way to deliberately shock people, and there’s nothing more middle class than that."

It bothers me when PerezHilton calls her a homewrecker.
Didn't Dita leave him long before Marilyn and Evan even started dating ?

So how would that make her a homewrecker ?

Correct me if Im wrong please :P

^ Also, I thought "homewrecker" implied a family and home to be wrecked. I heard some dachshunds were left with abandonment issues, but that's about it.

It bothers me when PerezHilton calls her a homewrecker.
Didn't Dita leave him long before Marilyn and Evan even started dating ?

So how would that make her a homewrecker ?

Correct me if Im wrong please :P

I think Manson has made some comment about a young female friend visiting him in before his split and showing him (paraphrased) "it's ok to be his true self and not to change" which turned out to be Evan, and I think it's been implied by him and Dita elsewhere that she was a factor but she could have been simply a close friend etc. I'm not crazy about terms like "homewrecker" and "he/she stole my husband/wife" anyway since no one can "steal" another person without them wanting to and cheating is usually a symptom, not a cause of a relationship in trouble. Not that that makes it right at all.

^ Also, I thought "homewrecker" implied a family and home to be wrecked. I heard some dachshunds were left with abandonment issues, but that's about it.

So your marital house with a husband/wife/partner isn't really a "home" or a family unless you have children? I don't think children have anything to do with it, Of course having them in the picture makes it 10x worse but to dismiss the break up of a marriage as not a family anyway because they have no children is wrong IMO.

I've been divorced for similar reasons, and as we didn't have children nor dachshunds, neither of us were particularly bitter about it. We'd drifted apart and he found someone better suited to him. You can't hold onto someone who just isn't there. I love him enough to want to see him happy. So, no, I don't see my home as wrecked by a "homewrecker". It was more wrecked while we were faking it. Kids would've totally changed the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clearing that up TessaB :smile:

I actually didnt know that they knew each other when Marilyn and Dita split. lol
so thanks for letting me know :smile:

The transformation is complete, Evan Rachel Wood had disappeared completely.....:yuk:

0416_wood_teese_inf_getty.jpg
---TMZ.com

What a shame.

That picture of the two is striking,how did Evan outdo Dita's pale skin?I thought Dita had all of the prizes for that?Ahhh,to be THAT pale.

With Evan looking like that,in those clothes and being that pale and her poses,it does seem like Manson just wants an easier to control Dita-given Evan's age and everything.That's sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AprilL
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->