Fairy-tales

i think she is sleeping beauty, she pokes herself with the sewing machine.

I think she's the mother in Rose Red. She pricks herself on a thorn and wishes that her child would have lips the color of her blood.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. :innocent:

EDIT: Never mind, there's a spinning wheel in the background. I was being daft.

Last edited by a moderator:
yab yum fall 2009
2u9l5vl.jpg

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

more here

surlalunefairytales.com | fashionjp

oiselet, those are so amazing! I love the pictures you posted.

INTO THE WOODS
US Vogue September 2009
Model: Natalia Vodianova
Hair: Julien D'Ys
Makeup: Charlotte Tilbury
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Photographers: Mert & Marcus

source | scanned by MMA

fab shoot! perhaps i should get this issue,yes?

natalia actually kind of resembles alison goldfrapp in the strict machine and train video's. maybe an influence? :unsure:

I bought this Vogue because of that editorial. I am sick of Vogue but oh well.

^i haven't bought single issue of vogue in over a year and only one or two sporadically before,so i feel exactly the same.

but this story actually looks very strong. and since i love that story(the literature),and any kind of unique interpretation,i may actually buy into it. the image with the yohji piece and the wolf are probably my favourites. i even like the MJ cape,as literal as it is,and i can't stand MJ.

does anyone have the cover of the vogue us september? if it comes to australia i want to buy it.

i don't think i had bought Vogue in YEARS and i bought this last issue (charlize theron on the cover... meh) just because of this editorial... :heart:

i think natalia does fairy tale very well :wub:

Time to revive this thread..

Cynical realism seems to best describe Dina Goldstein's stark reality in her series - The Fallen Princesses - which takes a look at fairy tales striped of their happy endings. Goldstein strips fairy tales of their 'happily ever after' ending replacing them with a realistic outcome and addresses current issues.
fairytale.jpg
roomservice.blogg.se

4364332438_3bf591d8ac via Kenziepooblog.jpg
kenziepoo.com

I remember those photos, there were a couple of more with princess jasmine and the others

I like the idea, but I'm not so keen on the execution.

EDIT: here are the rest of the pictures from that shoot

Belle
belle.jpg

Snowhite
snowy.jpg

Sleeping Beauty
sleeping-beauty.jpg

Rapunzel
rapunzel-ii.jpg

Little Red Riding Hood
not-so-little-riding-hood.jpg

Jasmine
jasmine-at-war.jpg

Cinderella
cinderella-needs-a-ride.jpg

cinder-3.jpg

source: cityofskies.com

LOL this Cinderella one, I used to work in that blue building next to her in my student days.. They're all artist studios. There's a nice Japanese grocery we used to have lunch at just a few blocks ahead XD

And recently I found out my last landlord worked on this photoshoot. I think these are fairly new works since he was with them only summer of last year. Such a small world... I don't live in that city anymore

I remember those photos, there were a couple of more with princess jasmine and the others

I like the idea, but I'm not so keen on the execution.
Yea I think there's something off with the lighting...
Belle's seems okay, but the others esp Riding Hood and Cinderella look like they've been cut+pasted in the photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->