Fall Of The House Of Versace

Fashion goes in cycles, and i think an eighties comeback is already starting. Look at all the skinny pants coming up. And almost all the designers this spring are coming out with big puffy sleves. i think Donnetella needs to jump on this, because versace is such a symbol of the eighties. it ought to be a perfect time for her

I agree that Donatella Versace is a great designer, look every1 at the beutiful dresses she makes, they are one of a kind. I really like the way she designs the nice dresses with corsets it is a hot and sexy look. i know every women out there would love to have one of these dresses. check them out:
VERSACE166.JPG
VERSACE261.JPG
VERSACE206.JPG
VERSACE243.JPG

VERSACE253.JPG
VERSACE197.JPG
VERSACE282.JPG
VERSACE278.JPG

VERSACE270.JPG
VERSACE274.JPG
VERSACE300.JPG
VERSACE304.JPG

VERSACE017.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban Stylin said:
i think Gucci is the one headed south....

DEFINITELY.....

If they don't get a designer that can measure up to the tom ford hype, they're gone pretty soon!

Versace has been one of the best designers and she will always make nice cloth. Her dresses are awesome and real pure.

it s not my favourite, but i d hate for them to go down. versace is part of fashion history. u could go anywhere in the world and people will know what u re talking bout. it s an everlasting brand imo thanx to Gianni of course but Donatella isn t doing such a bad job, if u think bout it, she makes amazing, feminine, super sexy dresses. maybe not the kind of stuff a woman would wear everyday but still; it represents FASHION and the grandeur of it. it s like a dream or fantasy walking down the runway when u see those divine dresses.:rolleyes:

Thank you for understanding that Donatella is a good designer and you are right she is a great maker of sexy dresses.

I will have to recheck the fincial reports of versace... last time i checked a few months ago profits where up and they were out of the dog house...

I think the 90s are coming back so it's Versace's time I think (and would have been Gucci's higher time IF Tom Ford was still there). I think when she really puts her mind to it, she creates some lovely things. I still buy Versace because I love it :flower:

agreed. Cavalli seemed to take the helm for now. But Versace is still synonymous in the fashion world. IMO. B)

faust said:
If you want to revive this house Donatella must step down. She is a horrible designer, and the hype is gone now. The media moved on to D2, Cavalli and other trash. Time to direct the attention to something else. I would definitely hire Tom Ford if I was them :lol:

Ive seen good dresses by Versace...and Ive also seen HORRIBLE dresses by Versace as well...

and the ones posted above: definitely HORRIBLE!

and that's all she wrote!!

Look at versace now, its coming back haunting Cavalli, Dolce and Fendi.

just wait til they come back to Paris.

I agree that Versace is coming back. They needed to scale down a bit, step back, streamline, and put things in perspective. I really think they've done that and now they're ready to go (just look at their website, for example. It used to be a complicated mess of diffusion lines, pages within pages, bright colors, etc etc etc. Now, it is simple, classy, and easy to use... maybe this is a metaphor for the house in general). In terms of collections, the last few both for men and women have been really nice... and, luckily, during their few "lean years" luckily their house name really never lost any of its allure.

So, I don't think we'll be seeing Versace disappear anytime soon.

John

Versace Underestimated?

Is it just me or is the Versace label just waaaay too underestimated, everyone seems to be saying that the label is heading downwards and it cant be helped....come on I doubt that's true. Versace is easily my favorite label:(

it doesnt matter if you like it or not...
if nobody is buying it then of corse its going down, its not just about wether it satisfies your visual fantasies, its a brand, its a business

i like macdonalds but if everyone in the world stopped buying it then they would go bankrupt

That's true but what makes Dior or Burberry so much more 'buyable" ??? since they are apparently more successful

I've heard that Versace has been doing quite well lately as far as people buying it and stuff. But I could be wrong, does anyone know how it's doing as far as finances?

It's my FAVORITE label though.

Versace, as of now, is an established label on the verge of a comeback. Of course, since Gianni died the collections have not been as intimate and luxurious under the creative likes of Donatella. Due to economic and personal dilemmas, (struggling markets and Donatella's admitted drug addictions) the Versace house has been struggling in the past 6 years. Don't get me wrong, the collections are still very special to me, but I just tend to see the same designs season after season. (lack of management) A few years ago, Versace went nearly bankrupt and was bought by a investment group, I cannot recall the name of the developer, and now it is slowly but surely rising up to where it once was, hopefully. The collections are getting better, Donatella herself rehabbed in Phoenix and gained inspiration for the 2004-2005 collections from such rehab. Customers are still buying Versace, but the name is not what it once was and that has had a huge impact on their sales. I am not sure of their current financial conditions, but last time I looked they were breaking even and incurring small margin, period after period. So as I said, hopefully they will be back to where they once were. I still love their collections, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedevilinprada
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->