Fall/Winter 05/06 - which boots are hot?

This might be a little off-topic, but I really want to hear what you think. I bought those Prada boots (FW 04) in Filene's basement for $300 .They are very comfortable as they are made of stretchy lamb skin. Should I keep them? Can I wear black boots with my Bordeaux Balenciaga bag?

Thank you!

I definaltey think you back wear the bordeaux balenciaga with black boots :smile:

Caffeine said:
This might be a little off-topic, but I really want to hear what you think. I bought those Prada boots (FW 04) in Filene's basement for $300 .They are very comfortable as they are made of stretchy lamb skin. Should I keep them? Can I wear black boots with my Bordeaux Balenciaga bag?

Thank you!
I LOVE them, gorgeous. The silhouette reminds me of the Dior boots from this season. I wish they were a tad higher, like at least 4.5 inches.

Caffeine, you always find the best stuff at Filene's...:(

Diorling said:
I LOVE them, gorgeous. The silhouette reminds me of the Dior boots from this season. I wish they were a tad higher, like at least 4.5 inches.

Caffeine, you always find the best stuff at Filene's...:(
Thank you Guessgirl 96 and Diorling :heart:
Diorling, that's what I thought, too. I love the Dior boots but the price is way above what I can accept for a pair of boots. I totally agree that the shoes should be a little higher, but the good news is that I will show a little skin when teh skirt is knee high.
Neimanmarcus online got the Dior boots. Check it out. They are so cool. At the same time, I suspect that they made them a little shorter than the runway version (?)
The Filene's basement in Boston is a great place. Everytime if I "stop by", I can always see things. Ironically, if I go there "shopping" on purpose, I never found any. Isn't it funny!^_^

pucci_mama said:
I don't know... ankle boots in general are quite easyfor me to walk in so..

I haven't tried the Westwood ones on yet.

Why? Do you think they seem hard to walk in?:unsure:
Not really. I just always have a hard time walking in boots because I feel my ankles are so tight. The Westwood ones fall higher than ankle so I just wonder how they feel. totally out of curiocity:blush:

I love the Chloe ones...

I would also suggest to spot the Gucci A/W 05 catwalk...
00010m.jpg

I also like the Prada ones:
00160m.jpg

Ciao

You should keep them if you really love them, other wise you are wasting your $$$, however square toe boots will come back strongly next year.
They look classic and feminine, I like them.

Diorling said:
He also showed practically the same thing for the F/W 99 HC. Im sure Ive seen that heel/boot shape before that at Dior. That white boot is essentially the same as the brown boots from this season.
But now they have a different fit and look more refined. I like the black ones a lot.

Fashion_Hottie said:
Does anyone know where i can get some round toed boots with zips on, apart from just the plain leather type horse riding boots? Every other pair i've seen has no openings and i cant get them on without openings :cry: i had the same problem with cowboy boots and found a pair just at the beginning of the year and now im sick of that trend! I desperately want some round toed boots before i get sick of them!

Help much appreciated :flower:

PS under £100 preferably!

Sorry edit: also just under knee length

Anyone? please?

i have a question about fit: i tried on some boots today and both pairs fit in the foot and the calf area but were loose in the ankle so they looked slouchy even though they were meant to be a clean line. any suggestions?

luckyme said:
Curious, what do you think of these? I am on the verge of buying them. They are F/W 0405 Helmut Lang.
I really like them, i think they would be really versatile and comfortable.
how much are they?

It is normal, they hardly make boots these days that fit snug at the ankles.

The Lang's were $360 at Mona Moore's in Canada. I decided against them so I could get the Chloe boots that I lust after.

I saw these fabulous boots on the BR web site! They continue the very popular wrap/tie/tassel look! They come in olive and black.

br330327-01p1.jpg

What do you think ladies?

I also like these from BR. They have the tassels atached to a back zipper. I think they are a little sexier than the first pair.

br330323-00p1.jpg

Which pair do you like better?

They're both beautiful :flower:

I think what you want to consider here is the fit. The top boot is a slouchier fit. If you go to the home page of the BR site at the moment, this boot is in the shot of the girl in the floral dress. You can see the way the boot fits on her to see what I mean.

I think the second boot is a total classic. Sleek & chic! I have a pair just like them myself (okay, 2 for some reason :wacko: ). I think the first boot is very now and very cool B) Both great, just different purposes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Chloe-Babe said:
Drainpipes and skinny jeans are EVERYWHERE in UK for Autumn/winter, so I dont think the jeans tucked into boots is going to disappear this season. Gap are doing a big launch in a couple of weeks of their skinny jean, as it has had fab previews as THE next jean to buy, and just as an example, the pair shown in the Next directory for Autumn/Winter tucked into the brown boot has SOLD OUT! and its July! so definitely the high street end fashion chains are supporting this look for winter! I like it, but I think you have to think more about what you are going to wear with the jeans on top, as they can certainly cut your legs in half and make you look shorter. I am favouring a blazer jacket with a shirt underneath, it kinda breaks it all up and looks preppy! :smile: but hey, thats just me :D

What kind of boots do you tuck your jeans into?

I love the fall 05 Dior boots and also the Gucci ones....mmmmmmmm i cant wait for winter now.

i think you can tuck your jeans into absolutely and pair of boots except booties. just make sure you jeans are short enough for those *giggles*
example:
louboutin7mk.jpg

by the way, i think those i posted above are going to be huge soon. with some funky tights or just plain black ones and a some serious confidence. i know i am going to be wearing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->