Farscape

Anastasia

Reaction score
Any other Scapers here? I don't think this site has a big contingent of sci-fi fans, but I wanted to ask, since I'm dying to talk about the best show ever :D

Despite early season 1 corniness and stiltedness, and the Muppets in Space aspect, it evolves and builds into something so complex and rich, so brave and funny and sad and weird and scary and lovely that it makes you just ache, watching it all unfold. I could have done without the rushed & empty feeling Peacekeeper Wars mini (reminded me of bad fanfic by a 13 year old obsessed with John & Aeryn) but the show itself is stunning. I so wish it had been able to have the 5th season they were promised.

My very favorite characters are Chiana & John Crichton (they break my heart, with their innocence and various traumas, I love their friendship, their flirtation, but while she needs someone like John, he needs someone like Aeryn), followed very closely by Aeryn Sun, then Stark, Sikozu, and Pilot. But most of them were wonderfully conceived characters, even D'Argo, who we loathe. I think Jool was the only one who never clicked with us, in a negative or positive way. She was just there, for too long, and was too annoying.

Scorpius was one of the finest villains ever, but I felt they were getting into 'Spike' territory there at the end - so in love with the character and the actor that they were beginning to destroy logical story progression to keep him around. If they had gone forward with season 5, Scorpy should have kicked it - leave Harvey around if you want to keep Wayne Pygram.

Anyway, am I alone in thinking this was an absolutely fantastic show with wonderful characters, actors, and writing? :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->