Fashion East - Gareth Pugh S/S 06 London

Scare the heck out of them Gareth, this is what they need, i bet if he had done a trendy/mainstream collection he would not have been reviewed by vogue. Damn if you do damn if you dont. if this is what he believes he has to do to get those who influence fashion to give him a little bit of respect and media coverage-well, do it some more Gareth,do it some more............................

some of this is cool, some of it weird in a not-good way.

don't like it much.... vogue's review is hilarious.

I don't like the clothes so much but heck I respect the dude for pulling this off! Great to see something that's different and laughs at fashion!

Interesting... the glow in the dark was a bit nifty, but i am pretty sure this saw the line where fashion met art and decided to run a marathon past it. Avante-Garde ~ better suited for a gallery, but very interesting none the less.

zamb said:
Scare the heck out of them Gareth, this is what they need, i bet if he had done a trendy/mainstream collection he would not have been reviewed by vogue. Damn if you do damn if you dont. if this is what he believes he has to do to get those who influence fashion to give him a little bit of respect and media coverage-well, do it some more Gareth,do it some more............................

I get what youre saying... this collection is a really good response for the "fashion is so boring now" thread, it would be interesting to see if he tones it down next season. Hopefully he will just a bit and bring some new life into an overpopulated industry.

omg this is such a Leigh Bowery rip off!:shock:
attachment.php

I dunno, but I think I like this...
slightly scarry, but inspirational.

^ i dont think mcqueen ever went for volume in this way before, nor have his collection ever been as disturbing as this

too ugly for words...:yuk:
not all press is GOOD press...
(just ask kate moss who recently lost her $1 million contract because of bad press)
:innocent:

being called CRAP by vogue isn't going to do you any good in the long term...
sorry zamb...but if that is indeed his strategy...'
then he is misguided...:ermm:

this is nothing but ugly and amateur...:rolleyes:
:doh:

This kid is focused on pushing the limits of the fashion world, he has a crazy sense of humour and if the crap ill informed vogue reporter stepped back from their narrow minded pit maybe the Gareths of this world would get a chance!

spijkers and spijkers is amazing!

This Gareth Pugh stuff is fun to talk about... but that's all it's good for. It feels either too early or too late for Pugh. Maybe later I will feel more abstract and appreciate it... but these days I like pretty skirts much better! ^_^

Vogues boring- its when Vogue likes you that I would be worried. Vouge (american vogue) is for old ladies, its essentialy a celebrity magazine, with renees zelwegers bloated *** crammed in some oscar de la renta or vera wang Gooowwwn GOWN.
Anyway he may have made this in 2 weeks, but an extension cord hanging out the back of the light up jacket is not ok. I give him the benefit of the dobut, and will like to see him continue. I'd rather see this kind of thing or Viktor and Rolf who I cant argue are lamely kitch and base, then some zac posen anna sui sh*t. Gag me with a spoon. Vogue go to hell.

i just wanted to feed this thread with the photos ....
it seems they disapeared ....
people can judge by themselves the evolution ....
from debut (this is not his debut collection, though ...) to Paris.
the others are well more known ....

from catwalking.com

Attachments

• PUGH_SS06_0001.jpg
    PUGH_SS06_0001.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
  • PUGH_SS06_0014.jpg
    PUGH_SS06_0014.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2
  • PUGH_SS06_0027.jpg
    PUGH_SS06_0027.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1