Fashion Television!

roppal222

Reaction score
ftc_img02c02.jpg

ftchannel

Does anyone in the UK have access to Fashion television. I don't mean the French one, it's an American show that used to be aired by Sky but was dropped.

I'm not even sure if you can get it on Sky Digital or freeview or even at all?

Help please lovely people! :cry:

When I traveled to the Middle East last year and the year before, I used to live on FTV! It was all I could watch!
I don't know of it is the same thing you are talking about but it is FashionTelevision---here is the link:
http://www.ftv.com/home/

Looks like it is only available through satellite (?)

Wait, is this the one with Jeanie Baker as the host? I love this show. It makes the fashion industry so much fun and exciting.

It's a Canadian show I believe. Both FashionFile and Fashion Television are Canadian.

If you can get the Style network they air new episodes along with Fashion File. I wonder if they sell Fashion Television DVDS of past seasons. I'd love to see the 80's with them.

Fashion Television has a pretty good podcast on itunes (I think it is a little out of date, though.)

They have it in the uk on sky .. unfortiantly i have virgin media which doesnt have it :( :(

OMG when i go to my nans, as soon as i walk through the door she switches on FTV on UK sky. i love it to pieces!

Ugh, I wish style still played this instead of the same episodes of Fashion File over and over and over.

It's a Canadian show I believe. Both FashionFile and Fashion Television are Canadian.

The shows are definitely Canadian. Fashion Television and Fashion File has been on for 20 years. I am glad other countries and people are realizing how fabulous it is :blush: I use to love watching it as a child. I have no time now. :cry:

YEAHHHHH THIS IS THE GREATEST TV SHOW EVER :mohawk:
it featured Danny Husk, from kids on the hall!!!!!
was hilarious.

Just found someone selling FTV's Designer Marathon (episode|Donatella Versace) at Amazon..:o http://www.amazon.com/Designer-Marathon-Donatella-Versace/dp/160575028X I've found the same user on Youtube too-- and he just uploaded the show about Alexander Mcqueen. I loved this show..! when I had it. If anyone finds more online, please post! I have a few episodes but I recorded them on VHS :-S

Last edited by a moderator:
i loved ftv's features and had watched it(for years it had been broadcasted on VH1)since i was a pre-teen. but jeanne beker got on my nerves i have to say. i dunno her hosting skills was atrocious,imo. the tongue out style she had was irritating to me. now fashion file was superb. tim blanks and also videofashion! educated me throughout my teens. it's too bad fashion file has changed so much and videofashion is gone in the u.s. used to be my saturday morning ritual along with style with elsa klensch on cnn.

I see videofashion exists on youtube, Scott^ ;-) I only heard of their Designer Marathon but looks like they had their own kind of Fashion File too.. these ones didn't seem to air anymore on the channel, but DM stayed (I had it throughout last summer). I agree about Jeannie too.. I don't really like the questions she asks. She sounds like she doesn't work in fashion. Thank god you can still see Tim or Suzy etc. online..

Here's Designer Marathon

oh that's great! i hope they will eventually get some of their archives up. i think i'll ask just for the hell of it. there's a great antwerp feature from 2001 that still resonates with me. a wonderful feature on the second wave of talent...jurgi persoons,vandevorst,branquinho,simons,figus etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->