Favourite Artist

*mette-marit* said:
Therese, what would give you that idea? seriously, are you Norweigan as well? that's a bit of a thrill for me since I live in Australia!

I am ^_^
Welcome to TFS! :flower:

Not to go off topic, I'll post a pic of my favourite photographer, Man Ray:

mod_slide11.jpg
credit: http://faculty.cva.edu/modernart

Last edited by a moderator:
Takker! Det er slik skjønn møte enda en norsk! Jeg var født der, men trist si min Norsk er forferdelig!
now, back on topic:P I love this picture by Robert Doisneau
robert_doisneau.jpg

http://www.tiepvoud.nl/

Marti Guixe - the guy is impossible:smile: images and descriptions from
Guixe.com
Buyguixe.com

samples:
do_frame_applied.jpg
Do Frame
Adhesive tape with golden frame pattern, enabling you to rapidly set up a personal museum.
football.jpg
Football tape

Adhesive tape with a football pattern. Allows you to construct footballs. Works better if you stuff them with sports publications.
h20_chair_black.jpg
Chair
A chair that allows you to adjust the seat height by adding books.
pot_pet.gif
POT PET

and so on... :stuart:

David Vasquez has some reallll nice stuff

@davidvart.com

Whoever said Egon Schiele, he's great

RoseBud and DaiseyHeadMaizie you have sublime taste. Egon Schiele is sublime. Oh and Estella you are free to delete/merge this thread if you want -I'll have a look round for the others

I adore Privat Livemont :blush: (yaneff.com) The classic Absinthe Robette is one of my favourite art pieces.

Attachments

• pl104.jpg
    pl104.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • pl212.jpg
    pl212.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
i really enjoy some of the artwork posted but personally my favourite artists are berthe morisot, pierre auguste renoir, and camille pissaro. i have so much love for the impressionist era and that specific style of painting, and its basically the era i've studied the most and the style i find my own personal painting style echo. Frida Kahlo is also one of my favourites, she's incredibly skilled and talented and i admire her as a person as well. barbara kruger's pretty interesting as well.
There was also an exhibit i saw at a gallery once for an artist whose name i can't remember anymore but basically he made this incredible sculptures of the human form and such out of completely unexpected material, giving his sculptures an eerie, decomposed look and it was absolutely amazing what the guy did.

Some artists I like a lot

Philip Lorca DiCorcia
99_45.jpg

courtesy Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and PaceWildenstein

David Shrigley:
shrigley3.gif

Courtesy Iniva.org

Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Frida Kahlo, Goya are my personal faves. Gustav Klimt probably being my most loved. I absolutely adore all of his work. Especially The Beethoven Frieze and The Kiss and Judith. Magic!

Jean Micheal Basquiat, Banksy, The Boyle Family and oldies like Rembrant and Whistler.
I love Jock McFadyen as well :smile:

Vilhelm Hammershoi 1864-1916

(crispinsartwell.com)

Attachments

• hammershoi.jpg
    hammershoi.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2
honey~blade and shoelady please provide credits for the images you posted... see tfs guidelines for more information... :flower:

Hi, do you have more info about this amazing man, Grayson Perry?
1. about his pottery, quilting, garments, etc.
2. about his alter ego "claire".
It would be nice if you can share some more info about him.
thankx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmvecino
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->