Fendi F/W 2018.19 : Abbey, Adwoa, Gigi & Bella by Karl Lagerfeld

But that's only because of her look, Pericles. I always think of her as fool's gold. She may look like she'll fit great into your story because of the honey skin, freckles and ginge buzz cut, but by the time shooting starts it's just 'mouth open, mouth closed. stare direct, stare away.' It's like Rooney Mara on the red carpet. There's no versatility, no emotion. Her modelling skills are is as bland as that backdrop.

I don't know why she don't just blog permanently, or go into acting.

Maybe she needs long hair so that she can move it around like Abbey, or act more sexy, something more cliché, this way she can look more versatile, because is basically what Abbey is doing. If you think that she has no emotios why are you suggesting that she go into acting? I think that modelling fits her better.

Maybe she needs long hair so that she can move it around like Abbey, or act more sexy, something more cliché, this way she can look more versatile, because is basically what Abbey is doing. If you think that she has no emotios why are you suggesting that she go into acting? I think that modelling fits her better.

You make it sound like Abbey moving her hair around and acting sexy is the entire scope of her modelling repertoire. It isn't. There's way much more to her than that, you need only tap into her immense library of work. And I wasn't pitting Adwoa against Abbey.

The only reason why I suggested acting was that it seems to be the one industry where mediocrity is rewarded.

You make it sound like Abbey moving her hair around and acting sexy is the entire scope of her modelling repertoire. It isn't. There's way much more to her than that, you need only tap into her immense library of work. And I wasn't pitting Adwoa against Abbey.

The only reason why I suggested acting was that it seems to be the one industry where mediocrity is rewarded.

True. I forgot to mention that besides playing with her hair and posing sexy, she is also known for walking like a drunk for Lanvin and getting reprimanded for her lack of professionalism by Alber Elbaz. Sorry but Adwoa elevates this campaign. Abbey makes it look old-fashioned, with her, this campaign feels stuck in 2010.

Last edited:
The only thing I like is Abbey, even her hair is gorgeous! I really miss her

But that's only because of her look, Pericles. I always think of her as fool's gold. She may look like she'll fit great into your story because of the honey skin, freckles and ginge buzz cut, but by the time shooting starts it's just 'mouth open, mouth closed. stare direct, stare away.' It's like Rooney Mara on the red carpet. There's no versatility, no emotion. Her modelling skills are is as bland as that backdrop.

I agree. Every so often, Adwoa will luck into a phenomenal image because of her look, but her actual skills leave a lot to be desired.

Right?! She’s like Bella. Unable to convey emotions. Same expression different clothes.

Adwoa is so bad at emoting, you might as well just hire a carboard cut-out silhouette and be done with it. She's riding that "wokeness" bandwagon straight to the bank, lucky girl.

Where is Bella tho? I haven't seen one single picture of her in this campaign.

It should have been just Abbey.

Adwoa is still the best one of this campaign. I'm fed up with the 2000's doll-faced models. Get it over with. Move on.

Are you seriously increasing font size to make your point? What is this? High school?

No. Before I copied and pasted something with this same font and the format was in my clipboard. I was too lazy to change it. Don't judge me. I am not judging you.

Too late, don't be lazy. It looks like you're screaming. Don't turn it back on me.

I wonder how much the fashion industry is here for Gigi and Bella. Although they are supposed to be the supers of today they haven't racked that many prestigious campaigns despite being on countless Vogue covers.
Gigi seems to do mostly collabs - more like a celebrity than a model - with Hilfiger, Stuart Weitzman or Messika - but she's never been in a campaign for Saint-Laurent, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc.
Kaia Gerber had just started and already has more prestigious campaigns under her belt and walked Prada.
Gigi's collab with Hilfiger is over, I wonder which brand it will be next.

I wonder how much the fashion industry is here for Gigi and Bella. Although they are supposed to be the supers of today they haven't racked that many prestigious campaigns despite being on countless Vogue covers.
Gigi seems to do mostly collabs - more like a celebrity than a model - with Hilfiger, Stuart Weitzman or Messika - but she's never been in a campaign for Saint-Laurent, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc.
Kaia Gerber had just started and already has more prestigious campaigns under her belt and walked Prada.
Gigi's collab with Hilfiger is over, I wonder which brand it will be next.

Celebrity models and real models are two worlds apart. Just like celebrity designers vs real designers. They’re never the same. Real models will have more longevity. I’m sure Gigi sisters and Kendal will fade away sometimes soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->