Flourishes & Finery

COUTURE S/S 02 [DETAILS]
US Harper's Bazaar April 2002
Scanned by me.

What's the term used for what the chicks are doing on the white piece in the third picture on post 71? It sounds something like 'tescation' maybe?

MulletProof said:
the mina pics are truly something, gius.. are those patches in the fourth pic?.. they look strange but quite marvelous nonetheless. :wub:
yes i think so ... It is very strange though, I can't find the stitches lol. I found a similar version... In the picture it looks like it could instead be green hair placed on the white fabric and then blue machine embroidery over top, from far away at least
05it-4-3-39.jpg

from runner

Ah i love Dries' colour sense...
Here are some plants on a bag. Seems kind of different compared to his other floral designs
SPRING06.jpg

style.com

:woot: wow, gius, great pictures!. it's all so amazing, i really can't pick a favorite...:crush:

Taxi Magazine
December 1989/January 1990
Styled by Catherine Larouche
Photographed by Marianne Chemetov

scanned by MMA

Psssst:rolleyes:Loving everything you've posted lately MulletProof & gius:flower::heart:

:shock:
plissé!!!.. I've developed a sick obsession with pleats/MMA [:lol:] in the last year.. I'm in love! :wub:
right corner at the bottom is the matsuda mentioned in the 6th pic, right?. whatever happened to that label, it's so beautiful.. as are the cdg pieces..

thank you so much for posting this, missy mag!. :heart:

Thread is full of so much beauty :heart: :heart: :heart: Thankyou so much for starting it MulletProof :flower:

MulletProof said:
:shock:
plissé!!!.. I've developed a sick obsession with pleats/MMA [:lol:] in the last year.. I'm in love! :wub:
right corner at the bottom is the matsuda mentioned in the 6th pic, right?. whatever happened to that label, it's so beautiful.. as are the cdg pieces..

thank you so much for posting this, missy mag!. :heart:

You're welcome MulletProof:heart:Matsuda continued designing for the Asian market during the mid 1990's (Nicole Company) but I don't know for sure if he still is. His tailoring was impeccable. I have quite a few of his ads:shifty:& they're gorgeous:heart: A new thread perhaps:wink::lol:^_^

mulletproof, thanks for picking up on the Dries "finery". every season he tweeks something different and beautiful into his collection's. I have the first dress in post #84 and it is magnificent, a work of art.

the handbag with the flowers is one of my favorite summer saks.

I can't wait to see what the fall 08 season brings with the paisley prints and some plaid. I wonder how Dries will fit embroidery into the collection.

Vogue Italia Couture Supplement
September 1995
Tribute to Russian Style

scanned by MMA

YSL fw0506 :heart: :blush:

http://www.***************/image/0307200513560732.jpghttp://www.***************/image/0307200513554723.jpg
elle.com

00140m.jpg
00210m.jpg

00240m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00340m.jpg
00440m.jpg

style.com

thanks royal, that YSL shoes had such beautiful detailing. :wub:

MMA, thanks for the info!, so many labels appeared and disappeared so fast it's hard to keep track of them all.. and a lot of them did such astonishing pieces and collections that should've at least saved them a place in 'fashion history' but oh well.. fickle industry. :ninja:

luckyme, you're SOO lucky!, I truly wish I could get my hands on a piece of that collection one day, it's so beautiful and so timeless.. the kind of dress that becomes family treasure at some point. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->