French Stars

phileasfog24 said:
Emilie Doutey:

Mélanie Doutey . :wink:

On another note, I'm French myself but I don't really get the whole fuss about the fashion style of French actresses , I like the performaces of some actresses (especially Isabelle Huppert, Dominique Blanc, Maria Casarès, Arletty, Jeanne Moreau ,Jeanne Balibar) but regarding their styles well I don't see where their fashion styles are that much special compared to other international actresses (I like Lou doillon's , Charlotte Gainsbourg's and that's that I guess).I can't stand Marie Gillain, Virginie Ledoyen though, they seem to be so full of themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen up all you folks in Britain!

A few years ago I watched an incredible documentary called French Beauty, dealing more specifically with cinema goers fascination with French actresses. It's an absolute must-see, including interviews with Bardot, Deneuve as well as Tautou and Marceau among many others. It is now being repeated so don't miss it!

Watch it on BBC2 Monday 24 July @ 11:20pm

^ i wish i could see that. the french are so effortlessly chic unlike most of the ones we have here who i think are mostly overdressed even during the day and it seems so contrived. anna mouglalis is gorgeous! anyway, here are two of my favorite french. isabelle huppert and benoit magimel from the movie "the piano teacher." an amazing albeit disturbing/haunting film with such incredible performances!:flower: (yahoo:(

000vi3.png

Did anyone else watch the programme french beauty (thank you 1karina1 for pointing it out :flower: ) It was brilliant :heart: it had really interesting interviews with many french beauties, and even my idol Jane Birkin and her daughters!

I watched that too. It was really interesting. It was the first time I heard Jane, Charlotte and Lou spaek in english. French cinema does like its actresses.Juliette Binoche gave some very smart comments. The documentary focused on beauty and youth but it's not just about beauty. Old actresses can still get jobs and be considered desirable _see Charlotte Rampling_ same goes for plain actresses if they are talented or have a je ne sais quoi that makes them fascinating_see Charlotte Gainsbourg.

i sure hope hollywood adapt the same values. i didn't catch that show. lucky you! =)

ballroombeliever said:
Did anyone else watch the programme french beauty (thank you 1karina1 for pointing it out :flower: ) It was brilliant :heart: it had really interesting interviews with many french beauties, and even my idol Jane Birkin and her daughters!

I love this documentary. It throws up many interesting questions about the nature of acting, the dominence of feminine beauty in French cinema and also the hazard of celebrity ( tragically illustrated by Bardot saying how she never turns up to events anymore as people think of her as representing French beauty and doesn't want to dissapoint them. She doesn't want them to think " What is that thing that crawled in?" , her own sad words).

These actresses are so intelligent and so articulate ( I kept on forgetting that english is their 2nd language) and their beauty radiated not only on camera but through their words.

I've been pestering the BBC for a DVD, but no joy:cry:

I think french cinema respects actresses. And i think that in turn it makes the actresses respect themselves even more. French movie stars always seem to have elegance

ballroombeliever said:
I think french cinema respects actresses. And i think that in turn it makes the actresses respect themselves even more. French movie stars always seem to have elegance

That was beautifully put ballroombeliever:flower:

This thread made me look on the net for some pics.

I've always found Emma de Caunes adorable.

emmamenupi0.jpg

With her grand mother
emmadecaunescesarsmatchjjoubertja7.jpg

emmadecaunescinelive234bpw9.jpg
emmadecaunescinelive234akq4bq9.jpg

fromactricesdefrance.org/

marie trintignant:cry:

68374marietrintignantdi8.jpg
trintignantapws1.jpg
282003trintignantvq2.jpg

225310916908lzzzzzzzuu8.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]images-eu.amazon.com,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]www.iddistribution.com,[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]www.newprophecy.net[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jadee said:
1karina1 is it Beatrice Dalle in your avatar ?

Anyway some pics of miss Dalle.

No, my pic is of Aaliyah (may she rest in peace:cry: )
I've only ever seen Beatrice in Betty Blue. What a film. She was incredible in that. I have it on dvd:heart:

Marie Trintingnant :cry:

I'm intrigued by Emma de Caunes. Her face has that certain something. What films has she been in?

Thanks so much Jadee for all the pics. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alliexcx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->