Gaël Pendola

Lax89

Reaction score
He's the male winner of "Génération Mannequin".

He is 24. He is 6'2 tall (188cm).

He will be signed with New Madison Agency in Paris. His stats and photos will probably be available soon (maybe tomorrow).

He used to have long hair. He had a makeover which, according to me, helped him win. On TV he did look like a real model.
I think he has great potential. I wish him success.

He kinda looks like Ryan Koning. I think he is what agencies are looking for as a model at the moment.

his facebook

homactu.com

(He is on the left)
homactu.com

I forgot to add that he will walk for the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring Summer 2010 show in June, as a prize from Jean Paul Gaultier himself.

At New Madison agency with Myriam Averlant, Tanel and Dominique Damien-Réhel

Melty.fr

During a flash-mob-style runway show in Paris

Melty.fr

During a runway show with Jean Paul Gaultier wearing his Fall Winter 2010-2011 collection

Melty.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview by Melty.fr

I translated it myself.

How did you pass the casting ? Tell us how it happened

I passed the audition in Grisolles near Toulouse, where I live, in a club called ‘Big Ben’. I showed up at 20pm where Domonique and his team greeted me. At the beginning we were 40 and then we ended up at 15. At about 2 am the 15 of us walked in the club, dressed then in our underwear in front of 1,000 people. Then Dominique announced the winners, I was selected for the semi-final in Paris.

Do you have a girlfriend ? If you do, what does she think about you being in Génération Mannequin?

Unfortunately I’m single. I’m straight.

Tell us about the flash mob, how does it feel to walk in your underwear in the middle of Paris ?

That episode was nerve-racking because it was the first very runway. It was the first time I felt that much adrenaline, it went up to my throat when we came out in the street. However, I had a blast, it was the best moment of the week. Being in underwear and wearing fur were not a problem because you don’t have time to think about it.

During the show you are surrouned by beautiful girls, sometimes nude, how did you keep your head straight ?

I didn’t even think about it ! I’m always focused on work. Then gradually it all becomes natural, no more awkwardness between us, we don’t even think about it anymore.

Do you work out ? Is it a must or you just work out regularly?

Because of my metabolism I have to work out or else I’ll be skinny. I’ve been working out 8 hours a week for 3 years now. I also did kung-fu for 2 years.
Do you watch what you eat or not ? How do you take care of yourself?
I have a very balanced diet, I watch almost everything that I eat. I tan, I wax, I also take care of my skin. I do take care of my body since it’s now part of my job.

What’s your style ? Your favorite brands ?

I have 3 racks of clothes at home : trendy, classy and sportswear and I mix everything. My favorite brands are Levi’s, Energie and Nike for sport.

Regarding culture, are you more into music, movie, tv show, reading ? What do you prefer?

I like listening to house, dance, pop, sometimes funk music. I go to the cinema once a week and I like blockbusters movies, action thriller movies. I like watching House, Lost, Stargate…

Your worst and best memory from Génération Mannequin ?

The best was by far walking for Jean Paul Gaultier. The worst was when we were in the Moulin Rouge because Dominique went off on me. I was even afraid I might get eliminated but I pulled myself together when walking for Jean Paul Gaultier.

What did your family and friend think of me when they saw you in your underwear on TV ?

I had told them beforehand so they wouldn’t get surprised. And they know that in the fashion world, you are often naked. It’s not a problem for them as long as it is not vulgar.

What do you think of Dominique Damien-Réhel ?

He’s a very aodrable man in real life but obviously during the show he’s there to test us. He knows how fashion is demanding and because he has little time to teach us, he has to be hard on us to see how we are and if we can work in this industry.

Do you have to be waxed, manicured in the modeling world ? Any advice ?

You must take care of your body obviously. Too hairy is not good-looking; having nice hands is a must as well. We can’t bite our nails. The beauticians took good care of our hands and feet. Manicure, pedicure and moisturizing your hands may be details but it’s important when you’re in a runway show cuz retouches are not possible.

What did you think of Cédrino (another contestant) in L’amour est aveugle (Love is blind ) ? And the buzz about Dominique Damien-Réhel and Dilemme (another show like Big Brother)?

I didn’t watch (Love is blind). It’s a useless show. About Dilemme, I agree with Dominique (Dominique said it was s**t), I think French reality TV crossed the line. We have this French culture about that kind of show while in the US or in Japan there are no limits. And this French culture is well-represented by Génération Mannequin because it set the example, it doesn’t tend towards making people stupid.

Are you more like Justin Bieber, Robert Pattinson or Cristiano Ronaldo ? Why ?

More like Cirstiano Ronaldo. He’s got everything for him but lacks humility. It may be because of his millions of fans.
If you are ever asked to pose nude, will you do it ?
Yes, as long as my private parts are not showing. The photos must have an artistic approach and not be vulgar.

Stats

Hair : blonde
Eyes : Blue
Height : 188cm / 6'2"
Waist : 77 cm / 30.5"
Suit : 102 cm / 50
Shoes : 44 / 9'5

Newmadison.fr

Newmadison.fr

Users who are viewing this thread