Gary Baseman

two months off

Eat me, drink me
Reaction score
Another one of my favorites at the moment:

Gary Baseman. Pervasive Artist. Painter. TV/Movie Producer. Toy Designer. Humorist. Mr. Baseman is the three-time Emmy award winning creator and executive producer of "Teacher's Pet", the critically acclaimed animated television series and feature-length animated film.

His artwork contributes to major publications such as The New Yorker, Time, The New York Times, and Rolling Stone. His strong visual images have been commissioned by the corporate world - with such international corporate clients as Nike, Chili's, Gatorade, Mercedes-Benz, Labatt, and Thomas Cook. Mr. Baseman created the visual identity of the award-winning, best selling game "Cranium."

The National Portrait Gallery in D.C. and the Museum of Modern Art in Rome feature his work in their permanent collections. He continues to have solo gallery exhibitions with his paintings in New York, Los Angeles, Rome and Tokyo. Mr. Baseman continues to lecture international venues such as the School of Visual Arts in NY, the Royal College of Art in London, and Art Center in LA. His limited edition art toys are in the forefront of this new Art Toy movement, selling out around the world.

Entertainment Weekly Magazine named Baseman as one of the 100 Most Creative People in Entertainment. His 352 page book of his art, titled "Dumb Luck" was just published by Chronicle Books.

wearlmcgrathgallery.com, storyopolis.com

Olympics Relay, Olympics Archery, Food Fight, Snow White and the Seven .coms

Attachments

• 9B.jpg
    9B.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 40
  • egb49.jpg
    egb49.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1
  • egb30.jpg
    egb30.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 2
  • egb22.jpg
    egb22.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 0
  • egb21.jpg
    egb21.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 0
Suffer and Enjoy, I Am Your Piñata
(Love Poem), Airplane ride,

laluzdejesus.com, storyopolis.com

Attachments

• egb10.jpg
    egb10.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1
  • suffer.jpg
    suffer.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2
  • poem.jpg
    poem.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1
  • enjoy.jpg
    enjoy.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
Very cool/cute! He's definitely famous now--I've seen his work all around, like magazines and also cartoons, and I never knew who he was. To think, it was just one designer behind it. Great!
The last image, with all the sick animals(?), is really spumco-esque.

Last edited by a moderator:
or a comic interpretation of miró :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Estella, funny you should say that, I think the same about Tim Biskup - I find it very Miró-ish. But I don't see it in Baseman. : / hehe

really? maybe it's because i'm so tired that the images are blurring before my eyes but the latest bunch reminds me strongly of the more colourful mirós ... i even have a specific painting in mind but i can't find it right now..

i know what you mean about biskup, though:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YourGalSylvia
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->