• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting Rid Of Everything

I think it all depends on your savingsaccount...
It's a great idea but I won't even try it since my taste is quite expensive.
Now I also were pieces which I think are just ok instead of gorgeous.

I wouldn't get rid of everything. Especially if you don't have the money at the moment to buy replacements!

I've been getting rid of a lot of things from my closet lately. The entire wardrobe I used to wear while living in Canada has vanished. The majority of it went to a thrift store, but here in France I haven't found anything like that to give my old clothes to. I only get rid of things that I bought without realising they didn't fit right, that I never wear, that I can't match with anything and that I no longer like. Anything else I don't wear often, but doesn't have much wrong with it, I put in a 'maybe' bag.

It's quite positive to get rid of those things we do never use or think "why we bought this in the first place?"... & keeping some would be all depending the space you've got for storage...

I personally think keeping some good quality items even surprisingly weird to posses is a "must do"... what can i say... i love Vintage and if my mother wouldn't be as a meticulous Vintage keeper i wouldn't have some nice cardigans, dresses or bags...

Just the other week I had a massive junk throw-out.
I had an unbelieveable amount of junk in my room - just stuff cluttering up the sides that I didn't even like. It was quite depressing.
Anyway, I got rid of most of it and the room is pleasant to be in now.
I plan to do the same with clothes and junk when I go back to Bath. I don't like having all this clutter, I don't know why I had it in the first place.

So, I did get rid 98% from my wardrobe...I saved only the things I really wear and few very precious pieces of clothes like vintage dress from my mom and ofcourse I kept all the knitted scarves, hats gloves that are made by my mom and grandmom. I also did get rid of jewerly / accessoriez / shoes / bags I don´t use.
I kept:
only 2 pair of black t-shirts, 2 pair of jeans, 2 pair of shorts, one skirt, two dresses (black and print dress), 4 vintage print t-shirt, 2 long sleeve in black, one black cardigan and one colorful vintage cardigan, few things to wear when I sleep, some work out clothes and ofcourse unwerwears and socks and leggings.
I only kept my 3 vintage bags, one huge grey bag from zara and workout bag. I only kept one pair of black boots and TOMs sneakers and black ballet flats.
My closet was seriously full and after selling all that crap I got lot´s of money! I was so happy and my closet was so empty. I didn´t really buy anything new for a month or something like that and I really do enjoy that my closet is not overly full.

Lately I have been buying few things here and there but I really consider what to buy and what not to buy. I did notice that I have to buy new jacket because I did sell all of my jackets/coats
:lol:
Nowdays I am more into saving money.

I can see myself being more creative with outfits when I wanna something new, like just pairing some print tights with shorts etc.

I feel like huuuge stone fell off my shoulders, I feel so much lighter...and if I need to move all my clothes fits in one huge bag or two. YAY!

Originally posted by Eurasian Mélange

I wouldn't get rid of everything. Especially if you don't have the money at the moment to buy replacements!

Originally posted by Erin

Wow. My first thought was... wouldn't it be expensive to replace everything? :unsure:

Well, if you sell them you get money!
and if you get rid of everything you don´t wear then you win, not loose
:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pleaseaskalice
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->