Giambattista Valli Resort 2008

masquerade

God Save McQueen
Reaction score
from style.com

NEW YORK, July 10, 2007 – The only nod to the seaside in Giambattista Valli's resort collection was an elegant coral-colored print that appeared on a strapless dress and on a top with an asymmetrical neckline. Aside from that, it was all about city sophistication—crisp shirtdresses and safari jacket suits cinched with feminine bows; a little black dress and a statement-making white one, both in an off-the-shoulder style; and an on-trend color palette of yellow, orange, and blush pink. Evening highlights included a pair of halter dresses with a frill of ruffles spilling down the front, but the best after-dark look was a great-looking slim white Le Smoking with black satin details.

– Nicole Phelps

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
06m.jpg

09m.jpg
10m.jpg

12m.jpg
14m.jpg

15m.jpg
20m.jpg

23m.jpg
25m.jpg

I'll cheer the day high-waisted bottoms of any sort fade out of the fashion world. They are ridiculously tacky and unflattering.

last bunch

51m.jpg
52m.jpg

54m.jpg
58m.jpg

59m.jpg
61m.jpg

65m.jpg
66m.jpg

69m.jpg
70m.jpg

72m.jpg
73m.jpg

75m.jpg

I really like this collection, the suits are beautiful

Wow!!
So gorgeous and elegant!!I love every piece

^yep, gorgeous and elegant, no other words to describe it. Love the dresses, the colors and those outfits looking like tuxedos :heart:

Very elegant and classy, nice colours. I like shorts and this pink empire dress on 6th pic.

It looks rather old fashioned. But thats its brilliance. Very sophisticated and high class.

There are some pieces I dont like but I really love a lot of it. I want one of the black/white dress and red/white top.

this is lovely! are you sure this is resort and not a preview for spring because it's certainly strong enough to be a spring collection...

this is lovely! are you sure this is resort and not a preview for spring because it's certainly strong enough to be a spring collection...

I'm not sure of anything :lol:, but style seems to think its resort

Love it all! Very chic but not over the top! Thanks for posting the thread, masquerade! :smile:

I'm a bit disappointed about the yellow and pink print (bad colors matched!) but for the rest is stunning, beautiful shapes and cuts. :heart: Giambattista!

I am in love with those shorts!! I almost want to wear them. I think the shape and lines are really sophisticated and they have seemed to make the trend for maculine dressing look less frumpy than those who have tried it before them.

His cut is Unbelievable....He beats Armani's cut in my Opinion...

But his price is unbelievable too.....

I found his bow belt,I'M THINKING OF GETTING IT,bUT DO YOU THINK $400 IS TOO MUCH FOR SUCH THIN Belt???:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->