Gisele Bundchen Retires From Runway Modeling

poison84

Reaction score
Say it isn’t so! Gisele Bundchen is officially turning her back on the catwalk! The 34-year-old model will walk in her last runway show during São Paulo Fashion Week.
It is truly the end of an era! After 20 successful years of runway modeling, Gisele Bundchen has announced that she’s had enough and she will be retiring her catwalk shoes after one last show for Brazilian fashion line, Colcci! We know, we’re pretty shaken up too.

Gisele Bundchen Retires From Runway Modeling: Ends Career In Brazil
Before you go getting your panties in a bunch, let us be totally clear! This announcement doesn’t mean that you’ll never get a chance to see another beautiful picture of the hot mom, but it will be her last time on the runway. In April she will strut her supermodel veteran stuff in the Colcci Summer 2016 collection for São Paulo Fashion Week in Brazil. Gisele has had a long relationship with the brand, and has been the face for a number of their campaigns, including their most recent Fall 2015 one. Gisele Bundchen’s Modeling Career
Gisele has had so much success in her runway career that it’s hard to know where to begin!

She was discovered at just 14-years-old, and by age 19, Vogue magazine credited her with the “return” of the sexy model. She was also a Victoria’s Secret Angel from 2000-2007, and she’s even the model who first made the famous “horse-walk” a trend on the runway!

Gisele has covered countless magazines and opened runway shows for Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, and Valentino just to name a few!

Her success around the world has been remarkable, but it’s quite possible that now she feels like it’s time to relax a little bit and focus on her family with husband, Tom Brady.
hollywoodlife.com

Thank God. Lets be fair, every time she did runway work she made it look like an special event. Hopefully we'll see less of her in print as well, but I doubt it.

It was always a big deal when she walked and in the recent years she always closed the show (with the exception of Chanel) and got the campaign. Which other model has that kind of power? Pretty impressive.

Hope it's not Natalia Vodianova's kind of quitting.

I love her on the runway so I hope this isn't true. She's got such an amazing walk. Naomi, Amber, Eva and other supers still walk here and there so I don't know why she has to announce she's quitting when she hardly walked shows anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Next step: don't accept as much magazine covers. The essence of exclusivity

Don't get the hate towards her nor towards Vodianova.

I will truly miss Gisele on the catwalks. I know she will never stop covering magazines and will probably keep gracing Vogues around the world when she is in her 40s like Naomi, but her legs in motion, fiercely strutting.....that is truly one of a kind.

I re watch often all of her early video compilations and I absolutely love her runway presence.
I wish she stuck around for some more time..

mixed feelings here... you can't deny she has a great presence at catwalk but it is also undeniable that we recently got a massive Gisele overdose... too much of everything simply becomes sickening... I'd rather end up missing her than being sick of her... she is such an established name that she should be a bit more picky... I can't even differentiate her last 5-10 Vogue covers... anyway, thank you Gisele for your legendary catwalk work!

What a damn shame!! One of the best, and last truly great Runway Stars, she will be greatly missed by me.

The end of an era. I'll always remember the first time i saw her without even knowing who she was back then. It was in the Gucci FW1998 show. She had so much presence...
I'll always remember her runway shows for Tom's Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana & Balenciaga.
Even if Carmen K. and Caroline R. were my favorite from the late 90's, Gisele influence is undeniable.

I'll miss her more on the runway than on the covers of mags. I'm sick of seeing her on Vogue Paris!

Don't they all "retire" and then come back for the right $$$?

Don't get the hate towards her nor towards Vodianova.

It's not hate towards Vodianova from me, I mean Natalia bluffed about quitting the runway several times before, and we can still see her.

Don't worry there will be a new stream of covers covering her retirement from the catwalk... now that the Vogue front is exhausted... we should be seeing her on Elle and Marie Claire ;-)))

Don't worry there will be a new stream of covers covering her retirement from the catwalk... now that the Vogue front is exhausted... we should be seeing her on Elle and Marie Claire ;-)))

:lol: Correct, they'd give her a cover just for a sneeze!

Re Natalia: Pricciao is correct! She's still booking top tier covers and campaigns. Why announce retirement when it's just from the runway? It's not even like runway work pays well. No wonder the newer girls struggle to break through when you have the relics desperately clinging to their blue chip connections.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, if Vodianova is a relic I wonder what you call Linda or Ines de la Fressange or Carmen dell'Orefice....but okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->