GQ Style - New Bi-Annual Magazine

mdankwah

Reaction score
Cover.jpg

GQ team fashions a new niche in men's magazine market

by GUY DIXON & DOUGLAS FRIEDLI

THE thriving men's magazine market is about to get another title. The first copy of Conde Nast's lifestyle magazine GQ Style hits the shops on Wednesday, and GQ editor Dylan Jones says he is hoping for "modest sales" of between 50,000 and 70,000.
If the glossy, advertising-packed title meets these forecasts, GQ Style should prove a nice little earner for Conde Nast.

Jones said: "GQ is a lifestyle magazine - of which fashion is an important component - but we felt it was time for a dedicated men's fashion magazine. We believe there is now the market for this. Ten years ago, it was seen as quite avant-garde, but men are more style-conscious than they used to be."

The launch of GQ Style follows Men's Vogue, which is being launched in the US, and is an indication that publishers believe the market for men's lifestyle magazines will expand further despite having grown rapidly in size in the last two years.

scotsman.com

I saw this in WHSmiths today. It's pretty cheap for a biannual mag. It looks great.

It`s not new. German GQ brings it out since 2 years (and I collect it of course ^_^ )

ive looked through it already.......
it is really nice!

picked up a copy this morning- bit of a challange to find the articles, But some interesting bits

Between Details, GQ, Esquire, Fantastic Man, Another Man, V Man, Nylon for Guys, Cargo, Vitals, Men's Vogue, Vogue Hommes, L'Uomo Vogue, and Numero Homme, is there any share of the men's mag market not already covered? Is this really necessary?

Sounds good...I'm an avid reader of GQ, can't wait to pick up a copy of this on Wednesday.

i can't wait for guys to realize that it's OK to want to take care of themselves, and dress nice and look good

letsgoshopping said:
i can't wait for guys to realize that it's OK to want to take care of themselves, and dress nice and look good
hear hear... :argg:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericqn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->