Hair Salon recommendations in the Washington DC/Northern Virginia Area

To revive this thread a bit. I switched to Bang salon in U street and they are *amazing* The hair cut is only $35 (plus tip), it's great for younger people, I just had my hair cut really short after more than 5 years of having shoulder-length hair and I am loving it.

Right...so I thought it was about time for an update once I saw this thread was revived!

About Bang, yeah, I hear they have brazilian waxes for $35...pretty tempting if you ask me. But does anyone know if they are any good for those?

So for the hair...I had an awful experience at Okyo salon. I asked for a touch up of natural looking highlights and I walked out with chunky highlights. The receptionist has horribly chunky highlights as well. Also, the stylist I had asked me to stand up (a great technique for those who know what they're doing) and I walked out with an uneven cut. :yuk:

From now on I'll be sticking to O Salon. I went back for the third time the other day and I must say I'm in love. But mainly for the highlights--the cuts are just so-so.

I might try Christophe salon for a cut...if I'm not mistaken, the owner of Christophe in DC also has a location in St Barts...which, incidentally, I almost went to in June for correction of my bad highlights from Okyo which I got like the week before.

Oh and before I forget: stay as far away as you can from PR and Partners if you want natural looking highlights.

One word. KAO at Robert Lewis Salon in White Flint Mall...

He's hot, hung, and can cut hair...He's pricey though (someone has to pay for his DH jeans and BAPE sneakers)

Molecule salon on 18th and M! I am a coclorist there : )
Saint Germain is amazing too (same owners) 7th E

Diorling said:
One word. KAO at Robert Lewis Salon in White Flint Mall...

He's hot, hung, and can cut hair...He's pricey though (someone has to pay for his DH jeans and BAPE sneakers)

hung!!! :lol:

I want to get highlights, but nothing drastical, I just want to look a bit different, but still natural (I have short hair, not boy short, but it's by no means long). So would you recommend O salon (is it in Georgetown?)

As for waxing in Bagsalon, I wouldn't do that, I don't know why, it really doesn't look like a place where you would do anything else but a hair cut :smile:

I would definitely suggest O Salon for natural highlights. Have fun! (I go to Soner...he's pretty good but I think everyone there should be pretty good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->