Hair Salons Recommendations - Toronto

:flower: I wouldn't recommend Toni and Guy, actually. From what I hear, they are very overpriced and charge more than what's reasonable. I've had very lovely and subtle highlights done by Avry at Civello on Queen W. and been completely delighted. She'll really listen to you. I also see Dylan there, and she's excellent with style, but i'm sure they could recommend someone less expensive to you if you want something more basic. I am really devoted to this salon, they've never disappointed me.:heart:

discoball said:
beware though...i've had my best hair cut here & my worst hair cut here!!! :doh:

that's totally my coup bazarre story as well. Had the best and the worst there.

I've also heard bad things about Toni and Guy ( girl friend of mine walked out of there with- no joke- a bowl cut!! She cried for a month straight)

Personally I find Michelle at The Lid Lounge (Richmond and Church) to be great.

I have worked at Donato's salon and spa... almost all my friends and family work there. They are so talented, it's unreal! Yes it's expensive but I ONLY get my hair done there and I'm PICKY as HELL! as does my daughter and she has an incrediable modern, funky hairstyle!

uh oh. I went and booked a model cut and colour at Toni and Guy (it seemed really cheap). I was really happy with my last cut, grew out beautifully... but then I paid one of the better stylists more money for it... I'm a little worried what the trainees are going to give me. Oh well. If it's really horrible, I'll go somewhere else to fix it up. Layers and highlights to a lighter blond shouldn't be TOO hard.....

I hope.....

I go to Salon Daniel in Yorkville.

My personal stylist is Tatiana, but just about everybody I've seen who goes to a senior stylist there comes out looking fabulous. If you can afford Daniel himself, he is amazing.

George does my colour, he is great!

They'll serve you sushi there on most days too... :wink:

I went to Pop Design Hair studio on Spadina, he cut my hair well but I felt he neglected some things and now my hair is kind of in a transition phase , growing out so I don;t know who to go to or what to do now...

Tristan!! OK so, I'm going to be getting the new Nicole Richie "do"..I've been so dark for so long - its gonna be so kerazay..
I took a pic to JC Salon...they are really excited and we all fell in love with each other..

Johnny is going to do my cut which is crazy good (he got the 2005 Canadian stylist award apparently, which is kind of cool).
Antonella is going to do my colour...her and Tony both looked at what I wanted and jointly decided she would be best suited for the job.

I told them all about how people were talking about them/recommended them on this website - and they were so impressed and excited...

My appointment is on Saturday the 12th - i'll let you know if i love it!

I've been to Toni and Guy on Bloor 3 times, and have been thrilled with all the results. The first time I saw Andy, and I had a picture of the cut I wanted(a Natalie Portman/Chicago-esque pageboy bob) which he cut perfectly for me. The second time my hair was growing out and I saw Vladimir, who gave me this awesome long sleek front and somewhat shorter, choppier back. It was great, very unique and low maintenance. The last time I had Vanessa who got rid of my bangs and gave me some nice layers because now I'm growing my hair out.

I've also been to the salon in Holt Renfrew, for a cut and color. The coloring job was meh, not worth the money spent, but the cut was really nice.

The thing is, I'm now getting some color done, the first time in a long while, and I have an appointment at Toni and Guy for it. While the stuff I usually get done there is more unique and eccentric, I really want the color to just be 'normal' and pretty. So now I'm worried that T+G might be the wrong place to get it done. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Tristan - MY CUT IS AMAZING! I had the best time - EVERYONE there knows you (obviously I told them you said great things)...
Johnny and Adriano worked on me - they were so awesome...and I am SO SMOKIN HOT right now....good times...

Thanks man!

Glad to know you are satisfied! Okay, I need help now, I am new to Toronto and I am a guy, I badly need to get a hair cut, my hair is getting pretty long, but I am keeping it long cause I want to look professional at work and be able to style it when I go out.

WHERE SHOULD I GO?? HELP!!!!

UrbanSophistactd said:
Glad to know you are satisfied! Okay, I need help now, I am new to Toronto and I am a guy, I badly need to get a hair cut, my hair is getting pretty long, but I am keeping it long cause I want to look professional at work and be able to style it when I go out.

WHERE SHOULD I GO?? HELP!!!!

Okay, I booked my apointment with JC, here is hoping they do a good job on me too, and I didn't ask for anyone specific? Did I make a mistake?? Should I be really specific in telling them what I want or should I just trust them?

UrbanSophistactd said:
Okay, I booked my apointment with JC, here is hoping they do a good job on me too, and I didn't ask for anyone specific? Did I make a mistake?? Should I be really specific in telling them what I want or should I just trust them?

Urban - I was really impressed looking around the salon - it was just a good vibe... I say, have an idea of what you are looking for, and then just explain it when you go in.
I'm going to see Antonella this week to get my colour done.

Cupello Salon in Toronto??

Browsing through some old threads I read enough good things about Cupello Salon in Bloor West Village to be willing to give it a try. Just wondering if anyone who's been there can answer a few questions for me:
1. What stylists have you been up or would you reccomend?
2. What's the minimum I should be looking to spend for a good cut?
3. Can they do trendy cuts? i want something a bit edgy but not to the extreme of Coupe Bizarre for example.

Thanks in advance!
Lisa

I've booked now with JC Salon as well. I don't yet have much of an idea of what I want, but I'll try to research that today (cut is tomorrow).

Assembler said:
I've booked now with JC Salon as well. I don't yet have much of an idea of what I want, but I'll try to research that today (cut is tomorrow).

Well. Got the cut. I hate it. It wasn't so bad in the salon, though I knew I wasn't terribly fond of it. But the next day it just looks completely plain. You can't even see the layers. This is about the second worst cut that I've had, and the second most expensive (I went for a "master stylist" thinking that was a safer bet).

Very dissappointed. I think I might go back to Toni and Guy to have it fixed.

Assembler - on that note, I'm not going to JC anymore - my stylist moved to London, and no one even called to let me know.

That's not great customer service IMO - I was seeing him for over a year, consistently. (And he never said anything, b/c he didn't want anyone to know).

So now I need a new salon - suggestions anyone???

fezbatik said:
Assembler - on that note, I'm not going to JC anymore - my stylist moved to London, and no one even called to let me know.

That's not great customer service IMO - I was seeing him for over a year, consistently. (And he never said anything, b/c he didn't want anyone to know).

So now I need a new salon - suggestions anyone???

I think I'm going to start doing some mega research. I want to come out of a salon one day thinking "oh my god, I LOVE my hair cut". :smile: And if that takes hitting the pavement getting some bad cuts, some so-so cuts, some weird cuts so be it! I will report here...

Of course, I only have so much money so i think I'll limit it to one salon every 4 months. I love my hair though, and a great cut would do me wonders, so I think it's worth a bit of effort to get someone who really suits me!

I'll let you know, but if anyone has suggestions (i'll go through this thread again to read up on other suggestions) let me know.

drexl said:
Try Coupe Bizzarre on Queen St. West, it's one of the best hair salons in Montreal and the Toronto salon shouldn't be any different.

http://www.coupebizzarre.com

i went there once
it was the worst haircut i ever had...
and i shelled out about $80 for it
which inspired me to just cut my own hair at home.

A salon which I really enjoyed going to on my last visit, was at Holt Renfrew located on Bay and Bloor. It was my first time there, and let me tell you the service was amazing. I got my hair cut by a Stylist by the name of Lilliana, and she was tremendous. She was outgoing, fun and all in all a great stylist. I love the fact that when she cut my hair she gave me recommendations and suggestions.

Another feature I liked about going to the Holt salon was the fact that she did not use the razor to cut the side of my hair, everything was done by scissors which is great. It was perfectly even. The only time she used a razor was to straighten my hair line at the back and my sideburns. Also the complementary beverage doesn't hurt either hehehe.

I highly recommend anyone to go there, the service is fantastic and what better place to get your hair cut, where not too far away is a selection of Gucci, Prada, Dolce and so on. I don't think I'll be changing hair stylist for a very long time. Once again I highly recommend you give it try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->