Harper’s Bazaar Germany May/June 2024 : Kristen Stewart by Sofia Sanchez & Mauro Mongiello

Too bad (and too strange) it's only digital, it's an alright, classy cover, even with that hairstyle.

She looks like she was about to say something when the shot the photo. Like she was mid-sentence, or responding to them.

Yes, this isn't the main print issue - what I like about Harper's Bazaar Germany is that they also post a quick flick-through of the contents, and you can see the editorial inside that the digital cover is lifted from.

I've bought a few issues of HB Germany over the past few months, thanks to the flick-through giving me an idea of what to expect when I order it.

I am sucker for “anything” Kristen. She looks good in a trash bag. I dig her style very much and love her as actress. This is a strong cover for her.

The coverstory is solid enough-- in that Mert & Marcus rip-off kind of way; that's to be expected by that rip-off duo Sofia and Mauro. But the layout is simply jarring. And Kristen only has that single select that’s a part of a story featuring a motley crew of Germanyi-based actors (whom all look dead inside LOL). There’s something extremely generic about this Bazaar, despite the professional but forgettable efforts in photography. It’s all very any given department-store meets Glenda’s Bazaar meets free airline magazine sort of aesthetic— circa 2010. And the graphic design is as hideous as Kristen’s wet mullet x Jerry curls hairstyle.

1 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg
2 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg3 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg4 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg5 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg6 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg7 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg8 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg9 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg

10 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg11 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg12 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg13 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg14 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg16 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg
Harpers Bazaar Germany May/June 2024 15 Harpers_Bazaar_5-6.24.jpg

German HB is definitely more of a generic Bazaar than an arty Bazaar, and the April issue, with Stella Maxwell on the front, reprinted a recent UK HB cover shoot with Julianne Moore.

The paper has a slightly rougher, textured feel than many other magazines, it's not the thinner, shinier stock that you'd get in a Vanity Fair.

It's in no way an essential purchase, and doesn't add much to the magazine universe, but I'd take it ten times over what Vogue Germany has become, now possibly the worst of all the Euro editions.

I'd take it ten times over what Vogue Germany has become, now possibly the worst of all the Euro editions.
So true. Vogue Germany used to be so good some years back (when Christiane Arp was still editor in chief). It had incredible covers, editorials and very classy cultural content. You would have never seen any pop socialite celebrities (Hailey Bieber, etc), but pure high fashion. Sad that it became so generic and mediocre (at best).

my first thought on the KS cover is that it looks like the image is squashed....she's reading shorter to me here than other times....i almost always love her...my issue is with the image...it's odd

^^^ It’s not the image. It’s Virginie’s hideous signature cut: Frumpy-dumpty, pear-shaped and squashed. Even models look homely, cankled, stocky and dumpy in her designs. Yet her Chanel is a hit. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->