Heather Bratton

great find indeed, pipoca!
amazing.
Heather was a great model in her short career.
truly a great loss but will treasure her images for a long time.
:cry::heart:

Beautiful pics in #438:heart: Thanks pipoca:flower:
Stunning pic where she is lying on the couch with the white camisole on.:heart:

i've never heard of her before today, she was so amazing, she would have been really huge now :(

Wiki says:
The fashion community was stunned to hear the unexpected news that she was killed in a car crash on July 22, 2006. She was on her way home after a shoot for W by photographer Craig McDean in which she was to feature with model Coco Rocha.
Have those pictures by McDean been published?

^Nope. As far as I know only Coco's part of that ed is was published in W (and on artandcommerce.com).

magazine: Vogue Italia January 2006
editorial: One Month Only
photographer: Steven Meisel
fashion editor: Camilla Nickerson
models: Andrew Smith, Bette Franke, Bobby Warden, Constantin Lubbe, Heather Bratton, Ian Denig, Irina Lazareanu, James Corrigan, Jarrod Branch, Jonathan K., Justin Kern, Logan Feit, Martin Cohn, Sasha Pivovarova.

scanned by me

full editorial can be found at the magazine's and Meisel's thread:flower:

The day after tomorrow is Heather's birthday.Hope she will be happy in another world.

^oh she has so many works canceled (for V magazine by Mario Sorrenti, for Balenciaga s/s 2006 by Sims and that one too -she should be with Coco Rocha here) and you know, so many modes dies recently, but, i agree, her death was the most tragic. though fashion is a business afterall and i don`t think what magazines would publish something more than 1-page tribute and after 3 years - moreover

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be a nice tribute to release her unseen work.
Probably her family requested for them to not publish any of her work prior to her death.

it s hard, you know, `cause when photoshoot has been canceled its hard to get it from archives (law fiddings etc) and you know, magazines are living by the moment, so only latest and cutting edge news are interesting. and i don`t wanna sound offensive or cynical toward something sacral as death, what`s why i won`t say anything more)

ASF,I think her unpublished photos could still be accessible via photographer's personal archive,right?Anyway i think it's very very hard to do...-_-

Plus I don't it's possible to see a nice tribute about her.Even when YSl died,not every fashion magazines published a tribute about him.Not to mention Heather was a fashion model,still today most magazines don't give models a proper credit,they would rather credit the name of manicurist instead of them.The world is just that merciless and unreasonable....:doh:

Now she is gone.I remember Stefan Zweig once said(or something like this),oblivion is the foe of all the lives,and life is a transitoriness.The only way we could keep in touch with someone who had ceased to breathe is to remember them,then those who has gone will be live forever,with us all along.So please don't forget Heather.:flower:

Happy Birthday Heather !!:heart::heart::heart:you're always in our heart ! we miss you:cry::heart::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chchhchc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->