Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

One of the negatives of wanting idols in shows so the stans can stan the brands as well. Most of these stans won't even turn into sales, not sure if the perfumes are in their price bracket either.But here they are spreading toxicitiy in every celine/slimane thread with endless "receipts". However would be interested to be proved wrong and see their Celine RTW/Leather goods collection.

I actually know some (here in Asia btw) who became aware of the Celine brand thru Lisa and ended up buying some stuff. Probably not enough to make a dent but definitely does help with brand awareness. That and them basically revamping every existing Celine store I know. I see so many Celine counterfeit now (along with Dior) . Doesn’t help that the clothes are simple enough to do counterfeits with.

With the thread idk, we love fashion and we dissect it but it’s silly to take it too seriously outside of making a living of it. It’s just a cancellation, doesn’t have to be a philosophical debate about Hedi Slimane’s psyche. It will still come out… skinny fits and all, models from his biannual boy safari. Fashion should be fun!

Moderator's Note:

It should go without saying that there is a way to respectfully disagree. Please be respectful of the opinions of other forum members. Making personal attacks on forum members is STRICTLY prohibited on theFashionSpot Forums, and will NOT be tolerated.

Making insensitive and heartless comments will also not be tolerated, and removed without hesitation.

Thank you, of course, to the vast majority who are able to keep standards up, by engaging in healthy and profound debates here on the forums. You educate me every single day.

Moderator's Note:

It should go without saying that there is a way to respectfully disagree. Please be respectful of the opinions of other forum members. Making personal attacks on forum members is STRICTLY prohibited on theFashionSpot Forums, and will NOT be tolerated.

Making insensitive and heartless comments will also not be tolerated, and removed without hesitation.

Thank you, of course, to the vast majority who are able to keep standards up, by engaging in healthy and profound debates here on the forums. You educate me every single day.
Thank you for ensuring that the TFS forum is safe space for everyone. Your work is highly appreciated.

It was not Hedi or Celine crew's choice to cancel the menswear presentation, it was LVMH. LVMH did not allow Celine crew to reschedule the event for earlier in the day, despite the crew's pleas to do so. Allegedly.

No other LVMH shows held during this week were at risk of being cancelled though. Also allegedly.

I still think it’s really not tasteful to put up a couture showcase in this climate. How much more detached from reality do you need to be? As for the couture shows I think they should be cancelled for good.

What climate? Detached from what reality? What are these people mad about again? What does that have to do with fashion? Nothing.

Please get Bella Hadid in those stilettos and turn on the music STAT.

It was not Hedi or Celine crew's choice to cancel the menswear presentation, it was LVMH.
Exactly. Remember when Wintour was ready to burn Milan Fashion Week and every designer in it to the ground?

It's obvious that did not come from any newfound social awareness just by reading a statement where paragraph 2 should've been paragraph 1 and paragraph 3 should've been edited out and replaced with some message on unity, a peaceful France, solidarity with the relatives, not some petty and fashion-centric 'and if I'm not showing, you're inconsiderate and inappropriate if you DO show'. From previous outbursts, once the PR team is undermined, the cut was that deep. I think there will be more developments on this, the power struggle is probably far from over..

^ it’s a whole Wintour era that spans for nearly 10 years lol. From 2005 when she starts pressing the Camera Nazionale to shorten the event or support might dwindle, some kind of campaign on her own circa 2007 when she tries to individually move designers into specific days, 2010 when she just.. leaves, the Labor Day circus of 2011 and beef with Armani around 2014. Overlapping events seems to be her pet peeve (unless she's making them overlap herself) and then people are scrambling and freaking out at the financial horror when her choice seems written in stone..

^ it’s a whole Wintour era that spans for nearly 10 years lol. From 2005 when she starts pressing the Camera Nazionale to shorten the event or support might dwindle, some kind of campaign on her own circa 2007 when she tries to individually move designers into specific days, 2010 when she just.. leaves, the Labor Day circus of 2011 and beef with Armani around 2014. Overlapping events seems to be her pet peeve (unless she's making them overlap herself) and then people are scrambling and freaking out at the financial horror when her choice seems written in stone..
What a mess. Thank you for the breakdown and for going through out of your way to find and link the sources.

I actually know some (here in Asia btw) who became aware of the Celine brand thru Lisa and ended up buying some stuff.

I am sure there are a few who would get the whole looks of their idols from Celine. Dont doubt that i'm not sure if those will result into long term clients and as you said if there's enough of them to make a dent in the sales.

Celine and Hedi are quite lucky in that their collaboration came at a time where people are starting to find timeless classics that are not from the original. As everyone call it "quiet luxury" and definitely they are a good choice for that if you stay away from their CC stuff. But then I would personally much rather go to zegna or loro piana for that or even Hermes as I still find Celine to be too trendy.

I believe in Hedi. I never doubted him. Who thought Hedi actually missed with Celine?

its the hottest Mens brand in the world. Among the hottest Womens in the world. The Celine site has pretty much left overs on it. He drives people to boutiques on the first day - leaving nothing for the site.

I found out about this Lisa person through Celine and I did search her to see what Celine she was wearing.

I believe in Hedi. I never doubted him. Who thought Hedi actually missed with Celine?

its the hottest Mens brand in the world. Among the hottest Womens in the world. The Celine site has pretty much left overs on it. He drives people to boutiques on the first day - leaving nothing for the site.

I found out about this Lisa person through Celine and I did search her to see what Celine she was wearing.
I think that the huge chunk of the success of Hedi's Celine is in how his rendition is more aesthetically accessible than Philo's very intellectual, architecture proposals (it's like Ghesquière VS Demna/Virgil in a way). The menswear and perfume expansion probably helped too.

I think that the huge chunk of the success of Hedi's Celine is in how his rendition is more aesthetically accessible than Philo's very intellectual, architecture proposals (it's like Ghesquière VS Demna/Virgil in a way). The menswear and perfume expansion probably helped too.
LVMHs transition from Phoebe to Hedi was probably perfect. Phoebe was not looking for a lifetime role - LVMH wanted to relaunch Celine. Hedi demands full control of a brand - LVMH wanted Hedi.

Right when the normies started checking for Celine the clothes switched to Hedis very accesible pieces. Truly a master class in how to please everyone involved and get business done.

It's accessible because the womenswear is safer than Zara basically, the menswear is a little bit more challenging but not extravagant either. It's overall an elevated Zara.

It's accessible because the womenswear is safer than Zara basically, the menswear is a little bit more challenging but not extravagant either. It's overall an elevated Zara.
I never said that as a compliment to his design skills. Nor his business sense.:innocent:

I am sure there are a few who would get the whole looks of their idols from Celine. Dont doubt that i'm not sure if those will result into long term clients and as you said if there's enough of them to make a dent in the sales.

Celine and Hedi are quite lucky in that their collaboration came at a time where people are starting to find timeless classics that are not from the original. As everyone call it "quiet luxury" and definitely they are a good choice for that if you stay away from their CC stuff. But then I would personally much rather go to zegna or loro piana for that or even Hermes as I still find Celine to be too trendy.

Actually as nondescript as it may seem to be, the Celine aesthetics is still quite easily identifiable, and so is that of Hermes, Loro and Brunello may seem low key, but they are also distinguishable by the keen eye.

I think the Celine customer is still more trendy like you said, and is less likely to jump ship to Hermes or Loro so easily...

Actually as nondescript as it may seem to be, the Celine aesthetics is still quite easily identifiable, and so is that of Hermes, Loro and Brunello may seem low key, but they are also distinguishable by the keen eye.

I think the Celine customer is still more trendy like you said, and is less likely to jump ship to Hermes or Loro so easily...
Celine also targets a younger core customer with the K-pop and hip-hop ambassadors they work with.

yes of course Loro Piana tailoring is abysmal... Hermès a bite better, and sometimes very cute separable pieces. Loro Piana is for the Nautilus grandpas of Megève and Cortina, sometimes they get Hermès pieces from their wives because they need "to build a relationship" to get into quota bags and made-on-order. Celine is for their grandsons, it makes them feel rebellious in tie-dye t-shirts on the Gstaad promenade, while their order 300CHF/pax sushi and wagyu plates. Marketing is so easy.

pretty sure that's what all the "quiet luxury" is all about it start from if you know you know to quiet luxury. True quiet luxury is the year round 70% off section of Yoox and so far they've all been great deals for me.[/QUOTE

The quiet luxury part of Celine, iykyk etc is quite laughable as most of the pieces has huge Helvetica C E L I N E plastered right in the middle. Even on the crotch of sweatpants...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->