Hedi Slimane Pain

i love this tshirt (and others by houseofhollond) but this stuff is just available in London! what a shame! f*** off londonists elitists lol

you can order them all on their myspace :heart:

i like the shirt...but i shouldnt be saying this cause i am...one of those slimane fans...but it is a sweet shirt :lol:

i dont know how the quality has gone done first hand since i dont wear it
but of course...since this brand is getting massive attention...the more people wants to buy dior homme...and this brand has just been expanding too fast within a short period of time...it is hard to control things
i wouldnt say this is completely slimane's fault...he might be faulted at choosing the wrong factory and letting bad quality materials slip through..but he cant look at every piece to make sure it's top notch
even so...there must had been much friction between him and the "men in suits"...i wouldnt be surprised if things go wrong..but the more important thing is will they get together their act and start being more responsible for the quality

Slimane is simply a high profile employee, I very much doubt he has much say on production issues and the business end of town. Also he isn't he too happy and busy on "safari" anyways.

Honey~Blade said:
Slimane is simply a high profile employee, I very much doubt he has much say on production issues and the business end of town. Also he isn't he too happy and busy on "safari" anyways.

I completely agree. Designers seem really important to us outsiders, but they don't have anything to do with the manufacturing end most of the time. And :lol: at the safari comment.

thats a nice T though.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the designer may not see the gament design from end-to-end there is a quality factor associated with a designer brand that buyers have faith in. A designer can't be everything to everyone but without quality you won't be much of anything to anyone...
crow_watcher said:
Not Hedi's fault? The buck has to stop somewhere.

I'm sure this quality issue is one of the reasons Hedi was threatening to leave this year. The suits want to bring production values down to expand customer base, Hedi wants to keep it as "couture" as possible. They probably shut him up with a very nice salary hike.

guys how is the quality for the ss 06 and fw 06 black washed denims? how is the quality and fadings like? anybody knows if the black is dark or are they more greyish?

solomonsdevalois said:
that t-shirt is what every emo will want for christmas.

:lol:

message tees are :yuk:

And I agree with those that say even if he isn't the one down at the factory sewing every stitch on every piece, as the public figure representing the brand and doing the designs, he should at least try and obtain a certain level of quality.

I think most people who buy into designer brand don't have a great clue about quality and how garments are constructed. So usually companies can cut corners, but sometimes they overdo it due to greed. Who is more greedy then Mr. LVMH himself?

Honey~Blade said:

I agree as well. And when the corner is cut and still you get customer buying them, then you are just encouraging them to continue cutting corners! If it is no good and don't buy it. Not like you haven't got a choice!

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
tricotineacetat said:
I guess it does depend on the items that you buy from them, I didn't see any decline in quality as far as shirts and tailored pieces are concerned, they are still very well made these days. I don't really care for the other merchandise they start selling under the Dior Homme umbrella, as long as there are a couple pieces every season that I find worth investing in. This season I bought a waistcoat with hand-smocked, beaded mousselin back and it has so far been kept up well, even though I have worn it quite a lot.

it's inevitable that with a mega-brand as Christian Dior is and with the aggressive marketing they pursue with the women's, that the menswear would be kept any more secretive and pure. It's the same corporate people in the back, and they of course want to grow the business to the biggest extend. Apart from the fashion elitists, there seem to be people that want somewhat exclusive, recognizable sportswear clothing that they can throw away like they would with an H&M sweatshirt. That unfortunately seems to be what the majority of the market is all about.

I have to agree. I own the black military coat from the fall collection and don't see any issue with the quality. And if it matters, I have a degree in fashion design and know how to make clothes.

I can't speak for the lines entire quality, but from what I've tried on/own it seems good. I also can't speak regarding older Dior Homme pieces as I've never seen them in person.

I was going to comment on the fashion snobery in this thread regarding the brand, but that would be going off tangent.

I'd rock that shirt, but with my pockets pulled out, like he just robbed me.

metal-on-metal said:
I'm sure this quality issue is one of the reasons Hedi was threatening to leave this year. .

he still totally threatens to leave, he flirts with ysl and i've heard he totally wants -and deserves- his own womenswear line BUT JohnG is absolutely blocking his way.. nothing to do with 'quality' :wink:

They have these at Seven New York, they didn't have the "Do Me Daily Christopher Bailey" one, which is the one I wanted...I WANT him to do me daily...

^ :shock: do you really? i guess i'll stick with slimaine pain :rofl:

^:lol:

yeah,this one seems much wittier to me. but is it really a mock at Slimane or the DH slaves? Really!

Oh, yes, Lena...I find Mr Bailey to be positively charming...

It's probably talking about the DH slaves, "bring me pain," you gotta eat baby food and starve to get into those size 26 jeans...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->