How Do You Wear Fishnets?

i have creme crochet ones that are so pretty...
i am pretty sure they are by ralph lauren...

but they do look like a doll too....
but that seems like it would work this season with all the victorian/edwardian/neo goth influences...

:flower:

agreed susie . . .
i think i have a pair of cream ones somewhere ! :magic:
i remember wearing them w/slate grey & duck egg blue tights underneath :heart:
on their own they do look a bit 'doll' like !

yah.. cream ones are hard to find.. i got mine from australia!:mohawk:
the problem with my fishnets is not the color - one is cream and one is a cocoa tan color... they tend to be kinda tight... so after taking them off at the end of long day.. i see little diamond "window pane" imprints all over my legs!!! i guess i my legs must be fat or something... or the fishnets are one size too small... :unsure:

softgrey - u remind my of my aunt... everywhere she went, she'd buy pantyhose, even if she didnt need them and already had like 20 unopened packs at home! and her excuse-" u never know when u run out and can't find any" :lol:

anyway back to the topic -
i have not worn my fishnets over opaque tights... wow.. i think that's too loud for me!!
i like the demure (but trashy) secretary look... so i'd wear it with pencil skirt and two-tone slingback heels.. never tried with boots tho.
i'M really tempted to wear them with tailored bermudas!!

softgrey said:
dkny...
i have no idea when i got them...sorry...
chris can tell you...i have storage containers of unopened hosiery...
i just buy stuff when i see it-often when i travel...
and then keep it until it feels like the right time to wear them...

i am toying with the idea of doing all grey hosiery this fall...
but i don't know if i am that disciplined...:ermm:

i'm having a serious fashion 'crisis'...
i need help...:ninja:...

*that looks quite nice adoref. ...:flower:

Mmmm, DKNY ... the ones I just bought are DKNY, and my favorites from last year are all DKNY ... they got it goin' on :wink:

I may have one pair of grey hose somewhere ... then again, a tragedy may have befallen them ... ^_^

I got the ones yesterday at Nordstrom, and on the mannequin they had ones like in Martin Margiela's show. (Remember ... the cut-out polka dot effect?) When I went to pay, the SA told me the ones I was buying were those. I sez, but those are round & these are diamond shaped, and she still insisted she was right. So all the way home I'm thinking, what am I gonna do with mod hose? They're cool, but what can I wear with them??? :P Well, tried 'em on, I was right, she was wrong. Now I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing ... :huh:

voodoo mary...
i think i have a better excuse...
'it's my JOB'...:wink:

:lol:...

ta-ta...
i love dkny and even hanes...
as well as wolford and fogal...
oroblu is another brand that i discovered not so long ago...
though they aren't widely distributed in the US...
they do make a fantastic control top sheer hose that ROCKS!!...

last year i got some great fishnets/crochets from banana republic...
i don't discriminate...
:P

I just picked up a pair of black glittery fishnets!! i :heart: :heart: :heart: them!!

heres pics of my new ones & 2 older pairs that I have that are kinda-fishnets

fishnet-patterned.jpg

fishnet-flowery.jpg

fishnet-blackwglitter.jpg

last time I wore them was at a fancy dress party - I went as a hooker! - wore them with a leather pencil skirt and fur jacket!

Velvetini said:
White cotton shirt, black wool plain waistcoat, my grandfather's pocket watch, pearl or diamond stud earrings, wool pencil skirt, black leather stilettoes..and black fishnets.. no-one ever accused me of looking like a streetwalker LOL
sounds gorgeous:heart:

I wore them to school the other day under a denim skirt and with black flats.
They weren't typical fishnet though, they were a cloth like material

Saw them yesterday on a hostess at a hipn'trendy resturant in a hipn'trendy neighboorhood- she had on grey bermudas in a tweedy-wool fabric, fishnets and black boots that came up to just under her knees with a little bit of a platform sole. She had on a v-neck in black and also a silver woven belt. She looked AMAZING! It wouldn't have worked without the fishnets tying together the shorts with the boots but it's great to live in a city that is so inventive and cool! Viva Los Angeles!

They are my favorite pantyhose. I wear them normally,without other pantyhose underneath. I pair them with a short skirt and boots or high heels.

Hmm, trying some pantyhose underneath them, in a diffent color too, would be great for winter, since I am big on skirts.

Fishnets can actually be a great way to give an extra UMF to your outfit, either layered or by themselves,plus there are so many different patterns to choose from. Best brands Fogal, Woolford, to my opinion and there is no way a working girl would pay for a pair of those! Its what has been said: the cheap/sl*t look depends on how you wear it, style and grace, as with everything I have seen the most amazing Valentino's ruined by new rich and I have also seen H&M hyped to look a thousand dollars.
My fav combination is grey crochet and black opaque tights under grey wool long shorts and mary janes! Winter is right around the corner, they also help to keep warm! stock up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for some mustard opaque tights to wear under fishnets for the fall.
layering seems the best way for me to wear it, every blue moon I can wear them bare.

I usually wear them bare but I did fishnets for such a long time that now I love crocheted tights, although fishnets are still fun. I will wear them with solid-coloured tights on occasion.

Definitely, as suzieq said, fishnets can give an otherwise staid outfit a bit of oomph. I have quite a few school marm-ish outfits (similar to the ysl outfit) that I pair with these wide illusion fishnets from nordstroms. (style.com, nordstrom.com) I think without the fishnets, I'd look like I was on my way to teach class . . .
ysl_ss07-1.jpg
nordstom_fishnet2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
an array of colors too!

dentrobatidae said:
Definitely, as suzieq said, fishnets can give an otherwise staid outfit a bit of oomph. I have quite a few school marm-ish outfits (similar to the ysl outfit) that I pair with these wide illusion fishnets from nordstroms. (style.com, nordstrom.com) I think without the fishnets, I'd look like I was on my way to teach class . . .
ysl_ss07-1.jpg
nordstom_fishnet2.jpg

These are my favorite. I was nominated for an award, and the ceremony is this Monday. So being that the award is for theater, i'm going to wear a pair of blue stockings like the ones posted by dentrobatidae with a princess dress (tutu and corsetish top). You will find them in colors such as hot pink, purple, neon orange and turquoise (+ more) for $7.50 at shopdevious.com too! They are made with 88% lycra and 12% spandex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->