How to get fuller/volumised hair??

Reaction score
hey, my hair always has been thick and the last couple of years iv done everything to make it less thick and had layers put in and it thinned out, but now iv started letting it grow bk nice and thick, but as its naturally lovely and curly i have the problem of it being too heavy, and at the roots its really thin and i need more VOLUME!!!

can anyone suggest any ways of getting some volume into my roots???!!!

products please!!! and ones that would b available in england!!:D

I'm not too experienced as I have naturally straight hair...but have you tried spraying volumising spray at the roots then blasting your hair with a hairdryer whilst holding your head upside down...this used to work for me but having straight hair it could work differently for me.

yeah i can try, iv got some sunsilk volume hols spray, but i have just sprayed it into roots, and not blowdried, as i never blowdry my hair its better left to dry naturally, i wonder if spritzing a vloume spray into the roots wen wet would be better, anyone know any good products for this???!!

I don't use products at all, just my hairdryer. And even though my hair is thin and scandinavian, it's still really full.

u can also try tieing a loose ponytail (just the top layer of hair, and only for the back, not sides) overnight. it works for me, also blowdrying upside down.

I hate to say it, but when your hair gets to a certain length (and weight), it just becomes impossible to get all the volume you want. When my hair is long, there is never any volume to be made at the roots - my hair simply won't have it. When it's shorter, though, volume is a bit easier to achieve... but my hair is fussy, any product and it gets greasy. GAH! Wish I could have volume, too. :wink:

^ An awesome thickening shampoo is Shen Min Vitalize, which you can get at shenmin.com. I realize I've reccomended this in like every thread about thicker hair and I sound like a tool already, but it's really, really awesome. And twelve bucks too!

Careful putting too much product in your hair, a little makes it thicker but too much will just weight it down. I have thin short hair so I:
1. blowdry my hair upside down - (keep head upsside down while hair cools down)
2. spray it just a little, still with my head updside down and wait just a few moments to let it set
3. tease tease tease - (just the roots where it is covered by hair and if your hair is anything like mine it will look a little crazt and then drop)

Massaging your scalp with your fingertips for 5 minutes, or more if you want, is very good for volume. It lifts the hair from the scalp and it´s also supposed to stimulate the roots to grow more hairs or something like that.. it is what they they people who have lost their hair after disease and /or medical treatment to do to get their hair back so I guess it can´t be a complete lie..

Does anyone know of any rootlifting sprays that smell good?
I´ve tried one from Bjorn Axén and one from KMS and they both smeel awful..but maybe it´s the substance that those kinds of sprays have in them that smells like that.

hair volume!

my hair´s always been really weak and thin...and ive never been able to give it the volume it needs...i tried all the products on earth...and i dont know how to do it with my hairbrush cause it never gets how i want it to be...maybe you guys know some tip or miracle to make my hair look good...
i wonder how will hairdressers do to the models who have the same problem as me...(stupid question:(p
see you:D

I love to have volumous hair, it makes me feel like a bombshell ;-)

This is what I do to get it. (my hair is long, naturally straight, highlighted, and rather fine)

1. In the shower, use volumizing shampoo
2. Condition only the ends!
3. Towel dry hair a bit and spritz some sort of hair proector on (to protect from blowdryer heat)
4. Blow dry, without brush, with your hair upside upside down
5. When about 80% dry, continue blow drying and stand straight up and use a brush (big and round if available) to smooth out hair and part it wherever you like.
6. When almost completly dry put a whole bunch of BIG velcro rollers in your hair. I usually leave mine in for an hour, if I have time, since I don't like to use hairspray.
7. Right before you take your rollers out, blast hair with HOT air for 30 seconds, then COLD air for 30 seconds. Not sure if this really helps, but I do it anyways ^_^

HOPE THAT HELPS :wink:

Since this topic seems to be appropriate for my question, I'll ask in here:

I really like the look of my hair when I curl it up on big preheated rollers... is there some way I can achieve that permanently? I thought of a perm, but what comes to my mind is that 80ies look of an exploded sofa pilow :lol:

Is there something like a natural looking perm? With just big curls?

Cos my hair is soooo thin and sometimes just plain nasty hanging down...

alouisa said:
I love to have volumous hair, it makes me feel like a bombshell ;-)

This is what I do to get it. (my hair is long, naturally straight, highlighted, and rather fine)

1. In the shower, use volumizing shampoo
2. Condition only the ends!
3. Towel dry hair a bit and spritz some sort of hair proector on (to protect from blowdryer heat)
4. Blow dry, without brush, with your hair upside upside down
5. When about 80% dry, continue blow drying and stand straight up and use a brush (big and round if available) to smooth out hair and part it wherever you like.
6. When almost completly dry put a whole bunch of BIG velcro rollers in your hair. I usually leave mine in for an hour, if I have time, since I don't like to use hairspray.
7. Right before you take your rollers out, blast hair with HOT air for 30 seconds, then COLD air for 30 seconds. Not sure if this really helps, but I do it anyways ^_^

HOPE THAT HELPS :wink:

I am definitely trying this for New Year's Eve. Karma for you!:flower:

Flat, thin, brittle hair

Are there any treatments that can volumize and strengthen my mop? :(

I swear on big sexy hair volume schampoo, its without silicon (?)
sexy-hair-concepts.jpg

I find that if I just shampoo once or twice a week, my hair gets more natural body... I love it... I always put it up before I go to bed, as well, so it has the extra oomph in the morning. Of course, some mouse or volumizing product never hurts... but not too much, as it can make your hair greasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->