Hussein Chalayan S/S 08 Paris

owow
how will they show this in magazines like runway shots?
you think they will shoot it like resort?

Oof - I captured another one from the ShowStudio banner. :muscles:

28beiie.jpg

showstudio.com

it was sooo good!
I love the last dress with the lights!
the movie was great, the music by Anthony (from Anthony & The Johnsons)...
and styling by Jane How...:heart:

To present a collection about the dynamic between icons and their audience, fashion designer Hussein Chalayan is staging a live broadcast to create a film in collaboration with Nick Knight, Antony Hegarty and the global SHOWstudio audience.
On two yet-to-be-confirmed days scheduled for 26–28 September, we will be in the studio with Hussein Chalayan, shooting a film of his collection 'Readings': live on SHOWstudio, naturally! Joined in the studio by Antony Hegarty, it will be SHOWstudio's task to create a special soundtrack for the collection and film. This is where you, the SHOWstudio viewer come in...
We have asked Hussein Chalayan to provide a written 'treatment' that gives the creative rational for Readings, which Nick Knight has responded to and created a more literal brief for SHOWstudio viewers to follow. Read their BRIEF below and send us in your musical directions for Antony to respond to or act out. The resultant footage will be edited to create a film that will be screened to showcase the Readings collection .
showstudio

and here is the "Behind the Scenes"...

Ok so far this is really weird looking, and I doubt itll change. But Im still excited to see what hes done.

umm you cant really see the models =(

It's the clothes that matter. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see more caps!
Everything looks really angelic yet ghostly at the same time with the flowing material. ^_^

Still very Hussein Chalayan:woot:The work aren't surprising, but this is certainly a breakthrough in collection presentation!I love love love this!^_^

I guess im in the minority, but I just did not like it. More the presentation than the clothes,... people are long and tall, but this is a widescreen! and far too small...I don`t like all of the cutoff shots I want to see more of the shilhouette. I found it far too constricting and with the spacial music it was almost lonely.

The clothes were also a little disappointing after last season`s genious offering, but the infrared dresses keep my love for Chalayan alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the non-futirism of it!!

first time liking this!

Pictures show so little in the end. This video is absolutely lovely. It truly gives one a feel of the clothing... the movement, the cut, the subtle details for which Hussein is acclaimed, the majestic quality and singularity of the garments... mindblowing.

Everything looks lovely. So feminine and soft. A bit of a change for him as he is always so elegantly austere and geometric. Thanks for the images, SomethingElse and Jennifer.! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->