i-D Summer 2014 : Julia Nobis by Willy Vanderperre

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Modern kids in a modern world. Julia Nobis - medical student and supermodel - defines the new age. Brains, beauty and the fresh attitude of Julia are what makes her not only queen of the catwalk, but a true supermodel who walks to the beat of her own drum. Music, exams and fashion are all part of this Aussie girl's life, she carries it all with ease and baking! Captured by Willy Vandeperre and Olivier Rizzo, Julia is the cover star of The New Issue, Summer 14. Newness is a fresh outlook, and we celebrate Julia's - of not being afraid to be what you want to be.

1. She’s a simultaneous superstar model and medical student. Her life is a mix of catwalks and distinctions!
"These days I'm either cramming information into my skull or sleeping for a few precious hours. I don't know how I got the grade during Paris Fashion Week, but who am I to question a high distinction? As for the actual sitting of the exam, my university has exam centres all over the globe so as long as I give them notice they just send my papers to wherever I need to be.”

2. Her dream is to work in emergency medicine.
“I want to work in emergency, never knowing what's going to come through the door.”
3. She ain’t no diva, she loves to whip her heels off.
“Before my first show, I was absolutely terrified. I'd never even worn heels aside from my Year 12 formal (which I took off the moment we were seated for dinner).”
4. She makes comfort-eating cool.
“I find eating rather therapeutic I guess, but who doesn't?”
5. She doesn’t bother with pre-fashion week health blasts.
“I don't, and it ****s me every time. If I have an exam during the shows then I'll normally spend the time beforehand making study notes to browse over later, but I never do anything for myself.”
6. She has some good tunes to blast out...
Mic Check by Rage Against the Machine always calms me for some reason, and Closer is always the classic Nine Inch Nails to blast on a stereo. Then Glory Box by Portishead can always be listened to (at times on repeat for a day or two).”
7. She's walked how many shows?
“There's the season I walked 73 shows.”
8. She plays the guitar, she plays it very well!
“I've been playing for almost 11 years now, but less in recent months having bought an electric piano and having a new toy to play with. Favourite songs come and go though, it's normally just the most recent thing that I've learned, but Classical Gas is always a good one to fall back on.”
9. She even takes her guitar to fashion week.
“I often take it to Missoni, as it's always chill for the first hour or two waiting around (until the girls from Dolce arrive and **** hits the fan and I just step out and play on the grass), but even though I don't take it to many shows it's always waiting for me in my hotel room when I get home at night.”
10. She’s real.
“After fashion week is over, I sleep and eat. And bake, I bake a lot... and then I eat it all.”

Connect to i-D's world! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.

Credits
Text Bojana Kozarevic
Photography Willy Vanderperre
Styling Olivier Rizzo
i-d.vice.com

beautiful and fresh cover! she is just so natural and comfortable to see

Great cover. It's fresh and subtle. Love the soft, parted lips.

Stunning cover. Everything about this is perfect. I love seeing this different side of Julia; soft, elegant, feminine. Her face is so interesting in this. The styling is nice, too. I have been disappointed with i-D's last few covers (I guess that tends to happen when there is only one cover per issue :lol:) but I can find no faults in this cover, I love it!

Usually I am not a big fan of her face. But here, she is literally stunning ! I like her because she seems a great person, and this interview is great. Good to show that models are not stupid-lifeless beings. I'll be definitely buying this issue :D

I can't with her.. a supermodel? Please.

This would've been a great cover if there was a great model.

I really love it even though I'm not Julia's biggest fan. But it's simple and fresh and it works for me.

Julia looks really lovely and soft on the cover. And the little interview with her is charming, she seems like a really smart and interesting girl.

This would've been a great cover if there was a great model.
which she is. it's a well deserved cover.

i like it, but it's a tad boring. a little more color wouldn't hurt or maybe a different angle. other than that, it's a pure love.

Fantastic cover, Julia deserves it. :heart:

wow this is beautiful

i love julia and she has a great personality as well it seems

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->