If you had a fashion magazine of your own ...

you guys- these covers and magazine features are AMAZING. if you ever decide to launch for real, just know i'd be honored to work for you ^_^

PAIN issue 1 for France :D

TYRYT.jpg

models.com

If you could start your very own fashion magazine:

What would it be called?
What kind of style would your magazine portray?
What type of articles would you have?
It is a big dream of mine to create my own fashion magazine, except it wouldn't just feature fashion but contain articles about photography, travel, politics, and art. Except, everything would be centered around feminism/feminist and diverisity issues (so it is geared towards women, and supporting women empowerment). It would include a lot of articles written by women from all walks of life (so from different religious, ethnic, cultral backgrounds). Their would also be tons of editorials and photographs, to inspire the reader (a lot like Lula magazine in that respect). I was thinking it might be called THE FEM (as in The Feminist), however I am not sure.

Some More.

July 2010:
Hilary Rhoda
Age Of Aquarius

August 2010:
MariaCarla, Catherine, ?
Amazing Givenchy

September 2010:
Lara Stone
Minimal Details

wwd,modelcouture

oh what a great thread!

i always have had a dream to run my own fashion magazine...i would love to try and have a weekly fashion magazine. kind of like people magazine, but all about the fashion world. there would be news, interviews, model and designer profiles, and editorials. the focus would be removed from celebrity culture and it would focus more on the actual going ons in the fashion world. also it would give a more serious look into fashion and the seasons, not just "oh hey tan is back in! throw away your leather!" fashion history too would be something i'd like to cover.
i have no idea if it would actually work on a week to week basis...but it sure would be fun to try!:lol:

^That sounds like a fun idea having a weekly fashion mag... I would love read about the history of fashion. I feel that sometimes we focus to much on the trends but not enough on the history of the current trend.

A new title that I just created. Out of boredom. :smile:

Optique Issue 1
Model: Natalia Vodianova
Photographer: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

travelinghost.blogspot.com

It's a bi-annual magazine which contents are that of V Magazine/W Magazine. :D

Love that cover line, it makes me think of young girls being cast aside because someone deems them past their modelling prime.

I make covers all the time when I get bored! This is one I did and I really hate it, but I love the color scheme and Carey so I thought I'd post it.

I just finished this one. I didn't realize until now how overwhelming the black text is, but I couldn't think of another color to go with it... I actually really like this one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to credit. Carey's pic is from carey-mulligan.com and Georgia's is from models.com

If I could make a magazine it would probably go a little like this:

The name of it would be Port
It would be a yearly magazine aimed at fashion as art. Because it doesn't come out frequently it really wouldn't be about trends or things. I would want articles to discuss sort of the philosophy of fashion, and really dig for things that are timeless and classic. Like studies on maybe a trend or different things like that. Editorials would all really be like a story board type of thing... well maybe a few studio ones but mostly alot of location type things that uses the pieces to tell a story.
Because it's annual, I'd want to sort of supplement the time between each issue with smaller projects, like video projects, or other things. I love the idea of a pop up shop.
Also I'd want to devote a hefty section of the publication to industry personnel who I don't think have gotten the recognition they deserve.
In the end, everything in the publication would hearken back to the name. I want it to be a portfolio of the most creative and inventive minds in the industry. I really want it to be something timeless and that people go back to, and something that would spark conversation.
Sort of a big idea but I've been toying with how to garner enough associations and relationships to be able to do something of that nature... I don't anticipate beginning on it till 40 though :/

Run Janice, Run ! (10 pages)
Models: Janice Dickinson
Photographers: Steven Meisel
Editor: Marie-Amelie Sauve

K is for Kenzo. (13 pages)
Models: Karlie Kloss, Mia Aminata Niara, Shu Pei, Ali Stephens, Liu Wen, Kenzo
Photographer: Oliviero Toscani
Editor: Kenzo

Gia: Life after Death ( 3 pages, 1 ea.+ 1 group)
Models: Kendra Spears, Cindy Crawford
Photographer: Patrick Demarchilier
Editor: Marie-Amelie Sauve

Alaia ( 30 pages, 1 ea. + 2 pg Group shot +13 pgs of different pairings)
Models: Naomi Campbell, Veronica Webb, Beverly Peele, Brandi Quinones, Alek Wek, Liya, Iman, Mia Aminata Niara, Chanel Iman, Sessilee Lopez, Jourdan Dunn, Lyndsey Scott, Yasmin Warsame, Grace Jones, Rose Cordero
Photographers: Mert and Marcus
Editor: Alaia

La Luna (8 pages, Homage to Donyale Luna)
Model: Brandi Quinones
Photographer: Mario Testino
Editor: Karl Temper

Clueless....is ALIVE!
Models: Chanel Iman, Coco Rocha (Red Head), Lily Donaldson, Noah Mills, Marcel Castenmiller, Wendell Lissimore
Photographers: Mario Testino
Editor: Alexander Wang

i cant believe you wrote that a year ago .... i just came across that now ... i would def buy your mag, now if only they were real... also joann smalls is missing from your castings but given that you did it a year ago, it makes sense unless you're not a fan ... bt esp love seeing all the supers from previous years such as beverly peele, brandi, janice d, etc ... it is AMAZING!!! thnk u again :D

A revamped version of the title that I created years ago. :D

Rave Issue One: Spring Preview 2012
Model: Iris Strubegger
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

fashiongonerogue

Review:

Vixen Twosome (18 pages)
Models: Kate Moss & Angela Lindvall
Fashion Editor: Alex White
Description: A Narcissus-inspired editorial wherein their poses reflect to each other.

Automobile Beat (13 pages)
Models: Coco Rocha, Sasha Pivovarova & Raquel Zimmerman
Photographer: David Sims
Fashion Editor: Camilla Nickerson
Description: A punk-inspired editorial set in the world of motor racing.

In The Dark (15 pages)
Model: Natasha Poly
Photographer: Craig McDean
Fashion Editor: Joe McKenna
Description: An editorial that is set in a New York alley. Natasha's sporting a brunette bob and a red lipstick.

Iris, The Stunner (8 pages)
Model: Iris Strubegger
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Description: The accompanying editorial of the cover.

RUNWAY N°1
Autonno
Doutzen Kroes by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

iBT6g.png

myfashioninsider.blogspot.com

I have a few...

moday.png

imgmodels

scarpa.png

fashion gone rouge