In flight travel essentials!

• Thread starter Deleted member 36123
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36123

I'm going on an overseas trip soon and the flights vary between 10 - 12.5 hours so I'm thinking I will need a great carry-all with lots of goodies in it to keep me amused and looking good! What skincare and other items do you take with you when flying?

(I'm not sure if this is the right place for this tread - sorry if it's not!:flower: )

donno about skincare...but all I can say is...MAGAZINES! I can't read books on planes unless it's a realllllly good page turner. Magazines are the only thing that can hold my attention! And a camera. To take pictures out the window!

I travel A LOT for business, so this is something I can totally answer! I would bring your own pillow and blanket (they are cozier and less germy than the ones they give you on the plane). Also bring a snack or two in case you do not like what they are serving (if they serve anything at all). Sometimes air pressure gets really bad, so I often bring earplugs. If I have the slightest hint of a cold or allergies, the pressure kills me! You can buy plastic ones cheap at an airport gift shop or CVS/Walgreens. Layer your clothes in case you are hot/cold (for example, a cardigan over a cami). Definitely bring magazines and a good book. I also like to take my iPod. Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream is great because your face can get dry in the air. I also bring the Evian Spray for my face, which you can get at Sephora. I actually found mine at CVS. It keeps my face moisturized. I bring sanitizing wipes and the little travel tubes of Purell because planes are germy. Might also want a lipgloss and some aspirin (aspirin in case the guy sitting next to you chatters and lipgloss, in case he is cute!). Hope that helps. Have a safe flight! :D

cosmogrl5 said:
I travel A LOT for business, so this is something I can totally answer! I would bring your own pillow and blanket (they are cozier and less germy than the ones they give you on the plane). Also bring a snack or two in case you do not like what they are serving (if they serve anything at all). Sometimes air pressure gets really bad, so I often bring earplugs. If I have the slightest hint of a cold or allergies, the pressure kills me! You can buy plastic ones cheap at an airport gift shop or CVS/Walgreens. Layer your clothes in case you are hot/cold (for example, a cardigan over a cami). Definitely bring magazines and a good book. I also like to take my iPod. Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream is great because your face can get dry in the air. I also bring the Evian Spray for my face, which you can get at Sephora. I actually found mine at CVS. It keeps my face moisturized. I bring sanitizing wipes and the little travel tubes of Purell because planes are germy. Might also want a lipgloss and some aspirin (aspirin in case the guy sitting next to you chatters and lipgloss, in case he is cute!). Hope that helps. Have a safe flight! :D
Here, here!! GREAT LIST! I would add a small carry on with toothbrush and toothpaste to reduce the kitten breath on the other side so you're smiling pretty once you land, an eyemask to block light for those who cannot sleep on the flight and keep the lights on the ENTIRE flight and warm socks are good if your feet tend to get cold and I would drink a lot of water and get up and walk to reduce stress on your limbs.

Have fun and a safe and great flight!

I agree with everything cosmogrl5 mentioned..
Other than that I allways bring 3 x ½ liter water bottles with me.. the service onboard is imo generally bad, too small and too infrequent cups of water is served.

moituriser, anti bacterial wipes (for the ocd in in you), sleeping mask

-Eye mask
-Disinfectant
-Tissues
-Water bottle, steal the little cups of water from the steward lounge or refill from the purifier in the back of the plane
-iPod/good headphones
-Cameras
-Laptop with privacy filter
-Lonely Planet book on my destination
-Fresh fruit that doesn't easily get smashed in your bag. Just be sure to eat it before you land.
-Passport (duh)
-And most importantly your sense of adventure! Have a great trip sYdneY___!

I bring mini-versions of everything - which is why I like collecting skincare samples from beauty departments - so so handy for flights. Wipes are essential. Dried food so there's no mess or fuss - nuts, dried fruit etc.
A blow up pillow and a wrap/cardigan because it can get cold. I also like to take warm up ballet shoes so that I can take off my shoes but not just walk around in socks.

- Remember to wear loose-fitting clothes.
- :woot: What a great idea - disinfectant! (damn, why oh why didn't I buy the one I saw in Boots/Gatwick Airport just yesterday, it was a non-rinse disinfectant gel) :doh:
- I always take a nose spray with me when I fly (my boyfriend calls it a snortex hehe) It really hurts if you have blocked sinuses on the decent/landing!
- Some sort of moisturizer. At the very least a lipbalm or a small tub of vaseline.

All great suggestions! i have to say that I like wax earplugs by Quies. They don't hurt my ears like those big foam ones do and they don't poke you in the eardrum when you twist your head. Sleep ALWAYS makes me look better and I can't sleep if there are too many bawling babies.:blink:

And everyone always says to drink lots of water, but honestly I don't drink as much as I should because the airplane loos are always grotty and I'd rather not make too many trips.

I couldnt agree more with everyones suggestions! Also id like to add NEVER wear jeans! And bring some uggs, they're great to keep you warm and comfy for long flights. Otherwise, by the sound of everyones advice you should be set! hope you have a lovely trip xxxx

what i like to do is fill one of those empty see through plastic spray bottles (do u no what i mean?) and fill it with water, then i can lightly it on my face if i get too hot or on my hands. ear plugs, blow up pillow and sleeping mask, like others have mentioned. perfume minis are also great to take on a flight with you. and if its an over night flight be sure to take eye make up if ur wearing any make up on the flight. have a safe, fun journey :flower:

Thanks everyone for your wonderful suggestions!! :flower: I now have a carry-on filled with all your suggestions hehe!! My trip is only a few weeks away now! :D Eeeee excitement!!:lol:

I always, I mean always., bring 2x 2L bottles and fruits.
The air in the aeroplane makes your skin so gross, and moisturizer. that helps. and sleeping pills on my flight to southafrica!

Great thread! I too am going overseas soon and traveling on a 10 hour long flight so this is very helpful. Thank so much!

^ I'm glad you liked the thread hehe! People have come up with some really great things to take that I wouldn't have thought of hehe! I hope you have a safe and fun trip! :smile:

A tip: don't wear a lot of makeup on the plane. It will get smudged. Wait until the very end of the flight to do your makeup. Instead, focus on keeping your skin moisturized since it's very easy to get dehydrated on the plane. A very creamy moisturizer, a lip balm, some concealer is all you really need to wear. Anything more than that won't look so hot when you step off of the plane. :smile: Good luck!

lip balm, a compact powder blush anything as long as it has a mirror, a pashmina to keep you warm if it's necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->