Interview Spring 2024 : Rihanna by Nadia Lee Cohen

The kind of thing Madonna would do but not executed with the same level of ambition. Madonna didn’t just change her image for a magazine. It was always about a complete image overhaul for a new project or era.

It works!
I don’t know if Rihanna is committed to music but when it comes to incarnate fashion, we can count on her!
i'll take this gladly before ANY of Beyonce's editorial attemps...(the only two exceptions was W with Demarchelier and Vogue with Testino...an)d maybe her Gentlewoman cover&edit)
Beyonce is the very kind of classic beauty. So she shines in classic settings that let her beauty do the work ( considering that very few have taken advantage of her stage presence in prints). Rihanna is edgy so her energy is always more convincing.
The paradox is that she is quite a terrible performer but she performs exceptionally when it comes to incarnate fashion!

They are very different actually.

I agree, Rihanna is a great model. I like her print work way more than her music. She looks nice most of the times (it's rare to see her doing something like her VI cover in 2021, that kind of bad). She's so photogenic and among the pop stars from the late 90s to now, is the closest (but I'm not same) to Madonna at her time.

Despite the outrage this cover has caused elsewhere online and in particular over on Intervew Magazine's Instagram page, I like this. Instantly reminded me of POP's Autumn 2008 covers. The colouring here is lovely and I love the beauty look on Rihanna. I'm unable to recall a single Interview cover in recent memory but I think I'll remember this...

omg ctrl C + ctrl V
wow, she makes Meisel look like... an original.

There's a way to reference the past and take inspiration from it without being so literal that it looks brain-dead.

Why ? Honestlly why.. like even in a silly OTT angle like. Mel and Rihanna are such a great combo but this is so easy and so truly ridiculous. There is nothing remotely provocative or interesting about these images ( or Nadia Lee Cohe work for that matter).
At least the interview is entertaining I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkim991905
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->