Iris Apfel X H&M

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
One product image has hit H&M's website - a pair of shorts for 29.99.

This will go on sale on some mystery date in the spring. Apfel has already celebrated her 100th birthday and will turn 101 in August.

iris1.jpg

The collection is out March 31st in foreign markets (Released in US on April 14th)

Here are some of the items (hm.com)

The weirdest thing is a ring with Iris's face on it. Looks like something a biker would wear - if it didnt have her face on it.

iris1.jpeg iris14.jpeg iris11.jpeg iris13.jpeg

ok i found her last photo on insta.. she is showing a lot of energy :smile:
upload_2023-1-26_15-24-25.png

I had the displeasure of meeting this Trump-loving b%%%%% a few years ago by accident at a trade show. She is awful.

Damn this just ruined it for me. Always been a fan of her style and fearlessness but that will make me to see her art with a different eye.

I kind of want that grotesque ring

Buying unnecessary fast fashion with a hugely negative environmental impact, likely produced in an ethically questionable sweatshop/factory that may or may not use child labor or slavery-adjacent practices is fine, but the line must be drawn if someone involved once said she thought the media were unfair to Trump. I kid, I kid...

I'm not sure how seriously to take that article from 6 years ago. I'd be interested to see a transcript of the *entire* conversation. Doesn't really matter to me who she likes or doesn't like in politics (if you're buying anything mass produced or anything from a brand owned by a luxury conglomerate, I can assure you you're supporting worse people than Iris Apfel lol) but for what it's worth she/her team made a celebratory post about Biden being inaugurated in 2021, which surely signals both that she may have changed her opinion on Trump since the first few months of his White House tenure and that she didn't support the insurrection.

Last edited:
fai
Buying unnecessary fast fashion with a hugely negative environmental impact, likely produced in an ethically questionable sweatshop/factory that may or may not use child labor or slavery-adjacent practices is fine, but the line must be drawn if someone involved once said she thought the media were unfair to Trump. I kid, I kid...

I'm not sure how seriously to take that article from 6 years ago. I'd be interested to see a transcript of the *entire* conversation. Doesn't really matter to me who she likes or doesn't like in politics (if you're buying anything mass produced or anything from a brand owned by a luxury conglomerate, I can assure you you're supporting worse people than Iris Apfel lol) but for what it's worth she/her team made a celebratory post about Biden being inaugurated in 2021, which surely signals both that she may have changed her opinion on Trump since the first few months of his White House tenure and that she didn't support the insurrection.
fair enough.

There is some background to this:

At 87 years old Iris Apfel hoped to be selected to decorate the White House for Obama.

Instead, In 2008, Barack and Michelle Obama appointed Michael Smith to redecorate the residential quarters of the White House.

She may hold a grudge against them for this reason.

Interestingly, she was not selected to decorate the George W. Bush White House either - but worked in the White House for 9 other Presidents - from the Truman presidency through the Clinton presidency.

There is some background to this:

At 87 years old Iris Apfel hoped to be selected to decorate the White House for Obama.

Instead, In 2008, Barack and Michelle Obama appointed Michael Smith to redecorate the residential quarters of the White House.

She may hold a grudge against them for this reason.

Interestingly, she was not selected to decorate the George W. Bush White House either - but worked in the White House for 9 other Presidents - from the Truman presidency through the Clinton presidency.

interesting! I suppose the grudge and subsequent pettiness makes her only human, after all.

As for the H&M collection, I do hope it all sells and doesn't end up in landfill.

As for the H&M collection, I do hope it all sells and doesn't end up in landfill.
It's not worse than what Valentino can pull out, so yeah they'll probably sell. Unfortunately I don't know fast fashion that last longer than a couple of years, so they are definitely ending up in landfill by winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->